Zoom?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

Rapunzelina wrote: September 8th, 2020, 1:07 am
jennlea wrote: September 7th, 2020, 8:56 pm I know we have a reader page that helps with organization, but do people use other methods?
What I do is check the activity of the threads I've posted in, by going to "Your posts" from the top left menu (essentially search.php?search_id=egosearch ). Then once in a while I do check the reader page in case there are posts I missed or left for later and forgot about.
I know some people subscribe to threads and check their subscriptions, or receive emails whenever there are new posts.
I subscribe to threads and get emails when new posts are made.
The subscription list helps to remind me of things that may be languishing and need attention to get back on track.
I also have a sophisticated filing system for my projects, using manila folders and handwritten notes and lists on lined paper.
...kicking and screaming into the 21st century...
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

For reminders and organizational assistance, I rely on angry personal messages asking me what the heck I'm doing?
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

KevinS wrote: September 8th, 2020, 10:42 am For reminders and organizational assistance, I rely on angry personal messages asking me what the heck I'm doing?
:lol:
You must have a skin thicker than mine!
I'm afraid of angry PMs.
So I guess I rely partly on the potential threat of angry PMs.
Louise
"every little breeze..."

MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

KevinS wrote: September 8th, 2020, 10:42 am For reminders and organizational assistance, I rely on angry personal messages asking me what the heck I'm doing?
Maybe a good theme for a Zoom meeting would be “Kevin reads his favorite angry PMs” :)
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Maybe it's time for my tell-all memoir.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Listen up Y'all. Especially you Kevin! The next LibriVox ZOOM meeting will be Sunday night at 9 pm central. Sept 13, 2020. That is THIS COMING SUNDAY FOLKS. I am trying different times to see how it works. The suggestion of a standard, weekly time is good but we need to test this out some more. About 8 -10 people have joined the first two meetings and that is great but the time is till up for grabs. Nachos, finger sandwiches (tuna and gator salad), Popeye's Chicken (spicy), and white wine will be provided for snacks. The chocolate fountain has been cancelled. (thanks a lot Kevin) Sunday night, 9 pm central, be there or be square.

Phil Chenevert is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: LibriVox Chit-Chat & Sharing Zoom Meeting
Time: Sep 13, 2020 09:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/72321879419?pwd=ck1QNTNhWCtuR2tRWksvSTFobFMxUT09

Meeting ID: 723 2187 9419
Passcode: 3dbnUL

Agenda: Everyone talks about their recording set up; Phil will try to demonstrate how to enable a nifty green screen background; we will share how we keep track of our projects and stuff on LibriVox. Happy or sad news about your families; Kevin reads his favorite angry PMs; Other stuff you or I think of. Let's get to know each other as we expand human knowledge.
Oh, and this one will definitely be recorded and made into a link for anyone to watch/listen to. ...maybe.

EDIT: would someone tell me what they need to do to join a zoom meeting? What steps?
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

With the invitation, the process is very simple. (For me at least.) I just click a button that says something about joining Phil's chat.

I had to download the Zoom program, I guess, but that was early this year and I have no memory of how that went. It must have been as easy as downloading any other common program, as I managed it without difficulty.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

As for the chocolate fountain, I'm sorry. I usually can sneak it out from the Holy Name Society storeroom, but Sunday's a big bingo night for them.
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

Sunday 9/13/20, 9pm Central Time... is that 7pm Pacific Time?
Louise
"every little breeze..."

MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

maxgal wrote: September 8th, 2020, 2:34 pm Sunday 9/13/20, 9pm Central Time... is that 7pm Pacific Time?
Yup. We’re still under daylight savings time, of course. 10 Eastern, 9 Central, 8 Mountain then 7 Pacific. ⏰
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

I'll try to make it on Sunday night. My Zoom youth group starts at 6:30, so I might not attend that this week. I'll figure out a way to be there, either for the whole time or only part of it :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

You know, we should call our Zoom meetings Youth Group, also. If we all agree, I promise not to discuss my sciatica. (Well... I promise not to talk about my rheumatism. How 'bout that?)
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

JayKitty76 wrote: September 9th, 2020, 4:52 pm I'll try to make it on Sunday night. My Zoom youth group starts at 6:30, so I might not attend that this week. I'll figure out a way to be there, either for the whole time or only part of it :wink:
Come on by if you can make it Rachael. I will do my best to control Kevin.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I actually have a serious suggestion to make during this upcoming Zoom meeting.
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Hi all

Having missed the earlier meetings, I thought I should be able to get to this, but unfortunately the time does not work well for Europe. If I've calculated correctly, that's 3 am in the UK. :cry:

Would love to join another time.