~FULL [DRAM.READ] Count of Monte Cristo by Alex. Dumas-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

davydave wrote: September 8th, 2020, 6:11 am Hi Kristin-
Is there a Section 800, chapter 5 still open? Do you have the link for that read, so I could claim it?
Dave
Hi! No, that's just a marker for volume 5, so it's not available for claiming. We are currently filled up
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
linny

Post by linny »

Kristin,
I'm checking in. Am I accurate in the following?
-Chapters 6, 10 and 11 are ready for edit
-Chapters 4, 5, 14, 15 are waiting on a change of reader. Unfortunately, it looks as if the new Abby has abandoned the role.
-Cast list for vol 1 and chapter 64 are pending PL.
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

-Chapters 6, 10 and 11 are ready for edit
Yes, that's right
-Chapters 4, 5, 14, 15 are waiting on a change of reader. Unfortunately, it looks as if the new Abby has abandoned the role.
Yes, and thanks for reminidng me to send out new reminders:P Though chapter 5 says PL ok in the mw.
linny wrote: September 17th, 2020, 6:36 am Cast list for vol 1 and chapter 64 are pending PL.
Last I heard about the cast list was that it wasn't ready for PL yet. But yes, chapter 64 is pending.

It's so wierd, the summer happened and everyone kinda checked out, and then I kinda forgot what I was doing here. I was sp convinced that everything was waiting on someone else that I actually had to double check that the mw was loading right:P I'll try and go through stuff this weekend, and send out some reminder.
Kristin

linny

Post by linny »

Kristingj wrote: September 17th, 2020, 7:22 am
linny wrote: September 17th, 2020, 6:36 am Cast list for vol 1 and chapter 64 are pending PL.
Last I heard about the cast list was that it wasn't ready for PL yet. But yes, chapter 64 is pending.

It's so wierd, the summer happened and everyone kinda checked out, and then I kinda forgot what I was doing here. I was sp convinced that everything was waiting on someone else that I actually had to double check that the mw was loading right:P I'll try and go through stuff this weekend, and send out some reminder.
Oh, that would be correct. Since we will have a new Abby the cast list will be updated.

I must have forgotten to take 5 off of my list.

I finished another editing project this week so hopefully by next week I’ll start editing here again.

If you can PL some of the small parts I believe that will also give me more chapter to edit.

Maybe if more of the Count’s files come in I’ll have a longer list of chapters to edit? :wink:
26, 27, 48, 49, 53, 54, 55, 56, 60, 66, 68, 71, and 71.
benderca

Post by benderca »

I'm still here. I've just been working on a bunch of other projects -- I've recorded some more Max chapters and need to edit them.
TJ
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi there,

If the "Abbe" is still available (or available again) I would like to claim it.

Thanks,

Wayne

Edit 8:00pm PDT 24 Sept 2020: Kristin, I just noticed that iamjessebaxter claimed only chapter 14 of the Abbe ("claimed march 2020"per MW). That is his only activity in LV per his "reader page". Can we assume this has been 'orphaned' and that all 7 chapters for that character are available? I will do them all as soon as you give me the OK.

Thanks
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

I know I was advised not to record a part without it being officially 'awarded' but I am sorely tempted in this case. :hmm:

Wayne
Wayne
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

linny wrote: September 17th, 2020, 8:38 am
Kristingj wrote: September 17th, 2020, 7:22 am

Oh, that wold be correct. Since we will have a new Abby the cast list will be update.

I must have forgotten to take 5 off of my list.

I finished another editing project this week so hopefully by next week I’ll start editing here again.

If you can PL some of the small parts I believe that will also give me more chapter to edit.

Maybe if more of the Count’s files come in I’ll have a longer list of chapters to edit? :wink:
26, 27, 48, 49, 53, 54, 55, 56, 60, 66, 68, 71, and 71.
I am so sorry! I didn't get the notifications (it happens sometimes, I don't know why). Believe me, I have tried to plan for me. The biggest problem is that I've been having a lot of "small" colds, and they always stick in my throat. Starting to wonder if I should just ignore that I might sound a bit scratchy and just get started.
These last couple of weeks I've been working on this surprisingly huge project and just didn't have any energy to spare, but I just closed it off, and have the next few days off, so I*ll get the PL:)
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

benderca wrote: September 17th, 2020, 11:34 am I'm still here. I've just been working on a bunch of other projects -- I've recorded some more Max chapters and need to edit them.
TJ
Great!
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Kalamareader wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 12:39 pm Hi there,

If the "Abbe" is still available (or available again) I would like to claim it.

Thanks,

Wayne

Edit 8:00pm PDT 24 Sept 2020: Kristin, I just noticed that iamjessebaxter claimed only chapter 14 of the Abbe ("claimed march 2020"per MW). That is his only activity in LV per his "reader page". Can we assume this has been 'orphaned' and that all 7 chapters for that character are available? I will do them all as soon as you give me the OK.

Thanks
I am so sorry, as you might have seen, I wasn't getting the notifications. The abbe i all yours! Iamjessebaxter was the previous reader, and I just missed that secrtion when removing him from the mw, so they are indeed all free:)
Kristin

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Kristin,

Thank you.

Wayne
Wayne
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

And here we go, PL's!

President 1 - PL OK!
Lieutenan1 - PL OK!
Boville - PL OK!

James, I just noticed that you are recording in Stereo, when it should be in Mono. I'm pretty sure we can change this when we edit it together, but be aware of it for next time.
Captain Leclere - PL OK!
Doctor 1 - Missing the following parts at the end:
- "Ah, ah!" said the doctor, "I did not know that I had a rival; but I hope, governor, that you will show him all proper respect."
- "Pooh, pooh;" said the doctor, with the impiety usual in persons of his profession; "he is a churchman. God will respect his profession, and not give the devil the wicked delight of sending him a priest."

Servant 4 - Missing the last line:
"Mademoiselle Valentine passed through the room to go to Madame de Villefort's," said he; "and in passing, as she was thirsty, she drank what remained in the glass; as for the decanter, Master Edward had emptied that to make a pond for his ducks."

Valentine - All PL OK!
Last edited by Kristingj on September 30th, 2020, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Which means that chapters 7, 58, 59, 69 and 72 are ready for edit:)
Kristin

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Kristingj wrote: September 30th, 2020, 12:09 am James, I just noticed that you are recording in Mono, when it should be in stereo. I'm pretty sure we can change this when we edit it together, but be aware of it for next time.
Is this what you really meant to say as the instructions in the first post say:

Set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

I am starting right now and was planning on doing it in Mono, so I think I will.

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Well, here is my attempt.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_abbefaria_14.flac

Time: 4:35

I hope I did this correctly. This is my first recording in 'flac', all the others have been in Mp3. I have noticed that some of the contributions have been in Mp3. It is harder for me to get the correct volume in flac. Just let me know how it sounds, volume wise. If I need to adjust it, I certainly can.

Wayne
Wayne