(Complete) Ticonderoga; A Story of Early Frontier Life in the Mohawk Valley by G.P.R. James - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ticonderoga; A Story of Early Frontier Life in the Mohawk Valley by George Payne Rainsford James (1799 - 1860).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/ticonderoga-a-story-of-early-frontier-life-in-the-mohawk-valley-by-george-payne-rainsford-james/

In the backwoods, lives a man and his two teenage children. He has sought the quiet life on the frontier, although he is a friend to all and never turns away a stranger. One evening, one such stranger arrives at his door, asking for shelter for the night and he is not disappointed. But who is this stranger? He does not give his name or his errand, although he has an aristocratic bearing. As they are about to leave the table, a third man, apparently known to both, arrives and lets himself in to claim hospitality. His mission is to hold counsel with the stranger and he invites their host to join them. Little do these parties know the actions of one of these men will bring heartache and destruction to the others assembled in that house. This is a story of friendship, love, danger and honor. There are references and language some listeners may find offensive. It is Librivox policy to read texts in their original form without censorship.( Lynne Thompson)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/50853
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (George Payne Rainsford James) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Payne_Rainsford_James
  • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
  • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 36
  • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
  • Original publication date (if known): 1854
  • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
============================================

Genres for the project: General Fiction/Published 1800 -1900

Keywords that describe the book:

============================================

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
  • "Chapter [number] of Ticonderoga; A Story of Early Frontier Life in the Mohawk Valley. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "Ticonderoga; A Story of Early Frontier Life in the Mohawk Valley, by George Payne Rainsford James. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Chapter [number] of Ticonderoga by George Payne Rainsford James. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter title]"
END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of Ticonderoga; A Story of Early Frontier Life in the Mohawk Valley, by George Payne Rainsford James. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

[*]Example filename ticonderoga_##_james_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. ticonderoga_01_james_128kb.mp3)

Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lt - Lynnet
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

You have a DPL?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

KevinS wrote: August 13th, 2020, 11:52 am You have a DPL?
Thanks, Kevin
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Ch. 1 PL OK!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I’m not sure this is going to be a quick project. Not easy to grab quiet time.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Lynnet wrote: August 14th, 2020, 9:46 am I’m not sure this is going to be a quick project. Not easy to grab quiet time.
I'm in no rush.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

At last Chapter 2 is ready for PL.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Lynnet wrote: August 28th, 2020, 8:33 am At last Chapter 2 is ready for PL.
PL OK!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ch 3 is ready for PL.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Lynnet wrote: September 6th, 2020, 6:35 am Ch 3 is ready for PL.
PL OK!

There is a short little section around 10:55 that sounds awkward to me. Perhaps it's the pause. And the average volume of the recording goes up by about 2.5dB after 16:35 or so. Small things in the bigger picture.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Chapter 5

One problem only. A repeat at 26:49.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

KevinS wrote: September 6th, 2020, 11:23 am And the average volume of the recording goes up by about 2.5dB after 16:35 or so. Small things in the bigger picture.
Can’t explain that... I recorded it in one session :hmm:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Lynnet wrote: September 6th, 2020, 3:27 pm
KevinS wrote: September 6th, 2020, 11:23 am And the average volume of the recording goes up by about 2.5dB after 16:35 or so. Small things in the bigger picture.
Can’t explain that... I recorded it in one session :hmm:
2.5dB is a pretty small difference. I don't think it means much, though I could hear it, but only at the initial point and then my ear adjusted to the new level by itself.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

KevinS wrote: September 6th, 2020, 2:52 pm Chapter 5

One problem only. A repeat at 26:49.
I don't know how I missed on my first listen, but there is a tiny glitch at 26:24. My apologies for not catching it earlier. Your correction at 26:49 sounds good, however!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 6 PL OK!