COMPLETE: The French Revolution: A History Volume II by Thomas Carlyle -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sskim

Post by sskim »

Sections 42 & 43 PL OK !
GillH

Post by GillH »

Sorry about that! I'll get the edited version uploaded soon.
Thanks again!
GillH

Post by GillH »

How long is your quarantine/ self-isolation? 14 days? Not fun.

I managed to get to the UK just after the quarantine from France was lifted and got back just before it was reinstated!
Last edited by GillH on September 4th, 2020, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
sskim

Post by sskim »

Sections 41 & 45 PL OK. In 44, at 03:18 'Canton' is repeated.

When I arrived at the airport, I was required to sign a legal document that I will be in 14 days quarantine. Then an app was installed in my smartphone. I am required log in my temp and any symptoms twice daily. The app reports my location and it also reports when phone doesn't move for sometime(for the case when you leave home without phone). So far a few calls from local health office to check me. I am not allowed to dispose my garbage. I was given special garbage bags and was told to keep them until my confinement ends. Then garbage bags will be collected and burned. I was a little worried about keeping food garbage for 2 weeks and the lady from local health office told me to freeze all my food/liquid garbage until when the garbage bags are collected. Isn't that clever? :D :D :shock: :shock: :shock:
GillH

Post by GillH »

Wow! That's strict.
When I went back to the UK the quarantine had just been lifted. I was still required to fill in a location form (pages and pages - that took about half an hour), and list my own and any other address where I might stay overnight. I think there was a possibility of checks being made through my phone but I don't know if there were.
GillH

Post by GillH »

I checked for "canton" and it's at 3:18 in Section 45, not 44. So that's the one I've edited. Is Section 44 PL OK? Thanks!

Edited Section 45
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/french_revolution2_45_carlyle_128kb.mp3

(10:16)
sskim

Post by sskim »

Oops! I am sorry. I must be losing my mind after several days of confinement. I updated MW accordingly.

Did I put food waste in my freezer? Not yet. We became very conscious about how what we eat and generated almost no food waste so far. :D :D

Thanks.
GillH

Post by GillH »

Section 48

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/french_revolution2_48_carlyle_128kb.mp3

It turns out I had previously uploaded that as Section 49 (D'oh) so I've removed the file from Section 49 of the MW. I should get it done in the next couple of days.
sskim

Post by sskim »

Section 46 PL OK. Thanks.
sskim

Post by sskim »

Sections 47 & 48 PL OK!