True Love: A Story of English Domestic Life by Sarah E. Farro.

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

Hello! This is a recent release that I lead the digitization of at Project Gutenberg. Would love to see an audiobook version (estimated at about 3 hours long) of it.

Published in 1891, True Love: A Story of English Domestic Life tells of the story of an English man trying to get married to the love of his life, only to be constantly thwarted by his love's scheming family members. The novel's author, Sarah E. Farro, was recently discovered to be an African American woman who resided in Chicago. She is one of only four known African American novelists who had their works published in the nineteenth century. This was her only novel.

Here is a great article on the author.
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.
arunadevi

Post by arunadevi »

hi i am new volunteer my name is aruna can i have this story for my first recording pls?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

arunadevi wrote: September 21st, 2020, 9:46 am hi i am new volunteer my name is aruna can i have this story for my first recording pls?
Welcome!

Please do the 1-minute test first. :)

And it looks like you requested a couple sections in a group project. It is best to complete those, so that you have an idea of how much work it is to record and edit before you start in on a solo recording.

Please ask any questions you have, and have fun!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
arunadevi

Post by arunadevi »

TriciaG wrote: September 21st, 2020, 9:54 am
arunadevi wrote: September 21st, 2020, 9:46 am hi i am new volunteer my name is aruna can i have this story for my first recording pls?
Welcome!

Please do the 1-minute test first. :)

And it looks like you requested a couple sections in a group project. It is best to complete those, so that you have an idea of how much work it is to record and edit before you start in on a solo recording.

Please ask any questions you have, and have fun!
thank you so much triciaG ill finish those recordings first :) :) :) :)