'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for david wales (David Wales), JohnLiebert (April Gonzales), Adamski (Adam), asterix (asterix), Availle (Availle), Carolin (Crin Yldz Krs) and LenXZ1 (Leonard Wilson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

LibriVox Recordings,

I have thoroughly enjoyed listening to “The Love Affairs of a Bibliomaniac”, by Eugene Field. I own an original First Edition copy 1896, which I have had for years.

Thought to read it many times, but never really found the time to snuggle up with it and actually a bit difficult to read, because the English is so different and formal for 2020.

Being able to listen to a reader along with the book is just wonderful to me. I can get the right pronunciation of an unknown or foreign word. Plus I’m able to finish it in a timelier manner.

Covid 19 lock down has given me an exceptional opportunity to read the many books on my Bucket List.

When looking up the author, Eugene Field to see what else he had written, I found that he had composed a poem my older sister use to recite around our house.

Though I had rememorized some of the poem myself I had no idea who wrote it.

It’s entitled the “Duel”.

First line… The gingham dog and the calico cat side by side on the table sat…

My research uncovered that Mr. Field had written many fun poems for children plus other wonderful literary works.

I couldn’t wait to tell my sister about this great find/connection.

Many thanks to all the diligent readers 2012-06-18
David Wales, April Gonzales, Adam, Asterix, Availle, Crin Yldz Krs, Petra and Leonard Wilson.

Blessing to everyone

Grace
All of David's recordings!
All of April's recordings!
All of Adam's recordings!
All of asterix's recordings!
All of Availle's recordings!
All of Crin's recordings!
All of Leonard's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
martinc

Post by martinc »

Thank you
How may I find your video?
Martin
warrenhill

Post by warrenhill »

Hello and Thank you to Mark Barnes for the excellent reading of many of the first books of Augustine's Confessions.
I listen at night as I get a multi-mile exercise walk in after a long day working in front of a screen and KB.
I felt like I was listening to Augustine 'confess' his life personally one on one.
I look forward to listening to the rest of the books read by Jeannie and others.

With thanks,
Warren Hill
Hilton Head Island
South Carolina
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

martinc wrote: September 1st, 2020, 10:17 pm Thank you
How may I find your video?
Martin
The person who sent the thank you note did not provide a link to his video. They usually do, but not this time. Sorry!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for beanie75 (Maggie Russell) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for your reading of “Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: The Book of the Spiritual Man (version 3)”

It was read so beautifully.

Kind regards,

Murray

All of Maggie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for TBOL3 (TBOL3) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/around-the-world-in-80-days-by-jules-verne/

Hi. Thanks for reading the book. I was looking for audiobooks to listen to, and I found yours as one of my favourites. Thanks to these audiobooks, I'm starting to be able to organize my time better because I can do other activity as well while listening to them.

All of TBOL3's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for DSayers (Denny Sayers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello Dr. Sayers,

The first book I listened to through LibriVox was your dramatic reading of Dracula. I recently started listening to the Manhattan District Engineers' report on the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and recognized your voice. It's the first time I've heard a repeat reader, which I guess means I should listen to more books. Thanks for putting your time into these works, having access to audiobooks has inspired me to read much more than I would otherwise.

Thank You,
Tim

All of Denny's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for the readers of the group project for A House Divided Against Itself

I am enjoying listening to your Librivox reading of Margart Olphant's novel "A House Divided Against Itself". What a gem! Your excellent reading will help preserve this fascinating novel for generations to come. Thanks.

Saul
Raanana, Israel
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sirjoh (Sergio Baldelli) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Carissimo Sergio,

La tua lettura dei Canti di Leopardi è molto commovente.

Scusatemi, non so parlare italiano. Tuttavia, volevo ascoltare l'originale durante la lettura della traduzione portoghese.

Mille grazie per il tuo dono generoso all'umanità. Anche Leopardi ti ringrazierebbe.

Cordiali saluti,

Alvaro

All of Sergio's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for LenXZ1 (Leonard Wilson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just finished reading and listening to Evangeline, by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. Read by Leonard Wilson 2011.
I appreciate so much Leonard's abilities and compassion for reading. I have enjoyed a few of his works through LibriVox.

My father was Acadian/Cajun born in Louisiana 1922. His family originally settled in Nova Scotia when they came from Normandy,
France. He passed in 2001 and this book was one of his books. I have felt for a long time the urge to finally complete the story.
With Leonard's help I accomplished my goal. 🤗
It is a most endearing story and I liked the way he read it. Very steady and clear pronunciation of the words. You could hear
compassion in the story.
Thanks to all LibriVox readers and especially Mr Leonard Wilson.

Blessings
Grace

All of Leonard's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GillH (Gillian Hendrie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms. Hendrie,

I just finished listening to your recording of “The Bride of Lammermoor”.

It was a delight. Your thoughtful reading was pleasantly enhanced by your charming accent.

Thank you for your care and effort.

Sincerely,

Mark
and...
Hello;

I would like to thank Gillian Hendrie for her wonderful reading of, London Labour and the London Poor Volume II by Henry MAYHEW (1812 - 1887). I came across this audio version while looking for the print version and was happy to find and listen to Ms. Hendrie. She was so clear and well performed. Considering the sheer magnitude of the project due to this volumes size, it was even more amazing that she did the entire tomb herself. I understand it must be difficult to secure volunteers never the less have someone available and willing to do and entire book, but it makes such a difference. As with each different reader, it takes time to reaccustom the ear and work out any sound quality or accents that may be inherent with the new reader.

Thank you so much Ms. Hendrie for such a wonderful and professional accomplishment! I rely heavily on audiobooks as I have a disability that often prevents me from using my eyes for detailed tasks and reading. You have made all the difference!

Blessings to you!

Best Regards,

Anthony

Link to book: https://librivox.org/london-labour-and-the-london-poor-volume-ii-by-henry-mayhew/

All of Gillian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Mary Ann,
Thank you for a wonderful narration of Anna Karenina. Your voice is clear and very easy to listen to. I listened while walking my way through this pandemic - a wonderful way to stay healthy!
Regards,
Jacqueline

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I wanted to say Thank You because I have just finished your excellent reading of Jane Eyre which I thoroughly enjoyed. Every chapter seems fresh and your delivery is so consistent. I have also listened to your Ethan Frome reading and felt like I was really there, hurling down the hill towards that tree!!
I see that you have many books recorded so I look forward to more enjoyable hours.

Many thanks
Elna
and...
Dear Elizabeth Klett,
Thank you for your beautiful interpretation of Lady Audley’s Secret. Your voice is a pleasure to listen to and you bring the characters to life for me. I get quite lost in the story while listening to you. I am also amazed at how you keep up the consistency of the quality of your voice and reading right to the end.
Thank you again for the hours of pleasure you have given me.
Wendy
and...
Thank you for reading Jane Eyre! I’ve been meaning to read this book for years and finally accomplished that thanks to your recording. I especially appreciated your accent and intonations, that extra effort added contextual value which I likely wouldn’t have figured out while trying to read the unfamiliar language. Much appreciated.

-Krissy from Toronto

https://librivox.org/jane-eyre-version-3-by-charlotte-bronte/

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Want to thank you, my friend, for your reading of David Copperfield (unabridged!): the audio book was indeed a friend to me during a rough time and was sincerely appreciated! You did an excellent job at changing voices for the different characters and you have a charming reading voice in general. Thank you for taking your time to bless another! ~D.

and...
In the current catalogue I cannot find the reader I wish to thank. His name was Tadhg Hynes. He did the most wonderful job which I enjoyed very much!!
---Cathy

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for maxfarce (Don W. Jenkins) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Don W. Jenkins
Your voice is so clear and pleasing to listen. So grateful to you for putting it to good use, for the benefit of people like me. Thank you for volunteering at Librivox.

-Antony

All of Don's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!