COMPLETE [Essays] Unicorns by James Huneker - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

You are most welcome, Stav; it's been an interesting project. I hope readers with corrections will return--we'll see!

Lora
CLHohmann

Post by CLHohmann »

Hi Miss Stav,

Could I read the second section, An American Composer: The Passing of Edward MacDowell?

Thank you,
Chandra
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks, Chandra. All yours. Have a lot of fun.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

And here I thought Jim and I were through.... :lol:

May I claim Chapter 3: Remy de Gourmont: His Ideas. The Colour of His Mind
?

Owlivia/Deborah
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure. All yours.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Dyla

Post by Dyla »

ADKreader1122 wrote: July 28th, 2020, 12:11 pm Hi Dyla,
Wow! What a great recording of a long section, full of names and lists! Here are my PL notes; hopefully they will not take long to fix.
--at:12, please include the book title, author, chapter number and name (those instructions are listed in the project information)
--at 10:29 there is a sentence missing (Maurice Barres is another..." between the words "Boutrox" and "once..."
--at 11:51 add the name "Samain" between Renard and Saint-Georges
--15:37 please omit the repetition of the phrase "dwellers on the threshold of the future..."

Thank you. I hope you plan to record more in the future!
Lora
Hello,

Thank you very much for the feedback. I'm terribly sorry for the delay for some reason my e-mail didn't notify me on this thread. I will patch up the necessary bits and get back to you asap!

Kind wishes,

Dyla
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Chapter 3, Remy DeGourmont

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/unicorns_03_degourmont-huneker_128kb.mp3

run time: 24:7.63

I'm glad I didn't read this first, Jim sounds a bit of a pompous ass in this one. :shock:

Owlivia/Deborah
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge thanks. Would you like torread 28?
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Owlivia,
One quick note for Chapter 3; please review at 3:10 to see if you'd like to change "simplify" to "simply." Thanks-I'll check back.

Lora
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

ADKreader1122 wrote: September 8th, 2020, 8:48 am Hi Owlivia,
One quick note for Chapter 3; please review at 3:10 to see if you'd like to change "simplify" to "simply." Thanks-I'll check back.

Lora
Absolutely! Done, and uploaded with correction.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/unicorns_03_degourmont-huneker_128kb.mp3
24:14.68
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Thanks! Section #3 is PL Okay.

Lora
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Owlivia wrote: September 8th, 2020, 1:05 pm

Hi! I noticed the difference in the run time, which is a big difference for just a word substitution so I had to check. There are some extraneous seconds of recording at the end of your file, to be deleted. Just this one more fix, please :D
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Rapunzelina wrote: September 10th, 2020, 10:47 am
Owlivia wrote: September 8th, 2020, 1:05 pm

Hi! I noticed the difference in the run time, which is a big difference for just a word substitution so I had to check. There are some extraneous seconds of recording at the end of your file, to be deleted. Just this one more fix, please :D
One.More.Time! :D

24:7.58

By the way, in looking over saved files, it appears when I uploaded Chapter 1, the file name was _1_, not _01_ - would you like for me to change it and resend it? Nothing else needs to be changed. (As far as I know.... :wink: )

Owlivia/Deborah

P.S. I hope the superfluous stuff at the end of De Gourmont (which I deleted without listening to) wasn't me saying nasty things about "French pronunciations"! :D
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Owlivia wrote: September 10th, 2020, 12:21 pm P.S. I hope the superfluous stuff at the end of De Gourmont (which I deleted without listening to) wasn't me saying nasty things about "French pronunciations"!
:mrgreen: No, I think it was the phrase you used for the replaced word.

Don't worry about filenames, I can fix them automatically at cataloguing! :thumbs:
Dyla

Post by Dyla »

Dyla wrote: August 28th, 2020, 11:51 pm
ADKreader1122 wrote: July 28th, 2020, 12:11 pm Hi Dyla,
Wow! What a great recording of a long section, full of names and lists! Here are my PL notes; hopefully they will not take long to fix.
--at:12, please include the book title, author, chapter number and name (those instructions are listed in the project information)
--at 10:29 there is a sentence missing (Maurice Barres is another..." between the words "Boutrox" and "once..."
--at 11:51 add the name "Samain" between Renard and Saint-Georges
--15:37 please omit the repetition of the phrase "dwellers on the threshold of the future..."

Thank you. I hope you plan to record more in the future!
Lora
Hello,

Thank you very much for the feedback. I'm terribly sorry for the delay for some reason my e-mail didn't notify me on this thread. I will patch up the necessary bits and get back to you asap!

Kind wishes,

Dyla
Hello,

I hope this new recording finds you well. I've patched up the remaining PL notes. Thank you very much for your kind comments and I'm sending you my best thoughts,

Kind Wishes,

Dyla

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/unicorns_25_huneker_128kb.mp3 (25:52)