[COMPLETE] Aggressive Christianity: Practical Sermons, Catherine Booth-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Powerful message! I can only say, with Catherine, "Amen" all the way through.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aggressivechristianity_08_booth_128kb.mp3 27:53
~ Larry
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 8 is PL OK. Thank you, Larry.
Pattymarie
crhorne42

Post by crhorne42 »

I was going to volunteer to take Sermon 1. However, I see someone else in this forum commented that they would like this assignment. I don't yet see it assigned in the listing yet. Could you let me know if this is open or assigned. Thanks.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

tms6289 wrote: July 27th, 2020, 1:59 am I would like to read section 1 Aggressive Christianity
Thank you for your interest.
I will save this section for you, but we do request all new readers first to complete a short test recording.
I strongly suggest that you read our Newbie Guide to Recording: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

This has a lot of important information that will get you off to a good start.
The second section has the information you need for recording and submitting that preliminary recording.

One you have the official "OK" on that, post again here and let me know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog - real name, pseudonym or other nickname.

Let me know if you have any questions. We are here to help.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

crhorne42 wrote: July 30th, 2020, 12:18 pm I was going to volunteer to take Sermon 1. However, I see someone else in this forum commented that they would like this assignment. I don't yet see it assigned in the listing yet. Could you let me know if this is open or assigned. Thanks.
Thank you for your interest.
Section 1 is saved for another new reader pending completion of a test recording, but you can choose one of the other open sections. We do, however, request all new readers first to complete a short test recording.
I strongly suggest that you read our Newbie Guide to Recording: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

This has a lot of important information that will get you off to a good start.
The second section has the information you need for recording and submitting that preliminary recording.

One you have the official "OK" on that, post again here and let me know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog - real name, pseudonym or other nickname, and choose an open section.

Let me know if you have any questions. We are here to help.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

pattymarie wrote: July 30th, 2020, 10:15 am Section 8 is PL OK. Thank you, Larry.
Thanks so much.
Lord be with you during these difficult days.
~ Larry
crhorne42

Post by crhorne42 »

I have completed my test recording and posted it on the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum. Thank you for helping me walk through the process.

I have completed my 1 minute test. Thank you for your feedback.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_crhorne42.mp3
crhorne42

Post by crhorne42 »

Once my 1 minute test is approved and advice applied for better quality, I would like to read Sermon II: A Pure Gospel.

If it is okay, I would like to refer to this as Sermon 2 instead of Chapter 2 to go along with how the book is formatted.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

crhorne42 wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 6:51 am Once my 1 minute test is approved and advice applied for better quality, I would like to read Sermon II: A Pure Gospel.

If it is okay, I would like to refer to this as Sermon 2 instead of Chapter 2 to go along with how the book is formatted.
So far, so good!
I've left some comments on your test recording on that forum. As mentioned, the main problem is the low volume that you will need to correct. Otherwise, very nice reading! I look forward to having you read for this project.

I will save Chapter 2 for you, but before I can make it official, I need to add you to the LibriVox catalog. So, let me know how you would like to be listed -- real name, pseudonym or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of you LV projects, of which I hope there will be many.

Please read the introduction and the ending exactly as specified in the instructions of the head post for this project. Perhaps I should have used "sermon" instead of "chapter," but we will stick with "chapter" to maintain consistency.

Thank you for your interest in this project!
~ Larry
crhorne42

Post by crhorne42 »

I will refer to myself as Renee Yocum for my readings.

I am waiting on a new microphone to do my retake of my 1 minute test. I will make sure to include the 5 seconds at the end as well. I also purchased a new mouse that has a quieter click. I didn't even know that was a think!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

crhorne42 wrote: August 6th, 2020, 4:14 pm I will refer to myself as Renee Yocum for my readings.

I am waiting on a new microphone to do my retake of my 1 minute test. I will make sure to include the 5 seconds at the end as well. I also purchased a new mouse that has a quieter click. I didn't even know that was a think!
Okay! Great to hear, Renee. There is a lot to getting set up, but once that is done, you'll get into the swing of things. This is a fairly long section for a first recording. I would suggest trying out something shorter, like the weekly poem, first. Or, if you want to record a page or two and submit it for a little preview, that's fine, too. Whatever you feel comfortable with. Be aware that the editing of a recording will take sometimes twice as long as the recording itself. Less if you're a better reading than I am. :roll:
~ Larry
crhorne42

Post by crhorne42 »

I uploaded a new test recording. I just wanted to let you know. I'm still trying to work through this. I appreciate all your thorough comments so far on everything.

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

crhorne42 wrote: August 9th, 2020, 6:24 am I uploaded a new test recording. I just wanted to let you know. I'm still trying to work through this. I appreciate all your thorough comments so far on everything.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, Renee.
Just a lot of adverse things converging.

Anyway, I took another listen to your test recording and it sounds just fine!
So, just let me know if you are still interested in recording for this project and I'll assign this for you to record.
We'd love to have your lovely voice as part of this project!
~ Larry
ahikam546

Post by ahikam546 »

I would like to volunteer for section 6 The Fruits of Union with Christ
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ahikam546 wrote: September 1st, 2020, 10:26 pm I would like to volunteer for section 6 The Fruits of Union with Christ
Thank you!
I have assigned this section to you.
~ Larry