Complete [NOVEL] Children Of The Abbey By Regina Maria Roche-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
schrm

Post by schrm »

Mooninya wrote: August 6th, 2020, 12:22 am https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/childrenoftheabbey_08_roche_128kb.mp3
chapter 7, part 1, 24:19

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/childrenoftheabbey_09_roche_128kb.mp3
chapter 7, part 2, 28:33

I had made few corrections according to your advice, it is really helpful. Thanks, Wolfi. :)
heyho,

pl will have to wait until the weekend begins, i fear.
sorry for that delay!

cheers,
wolfi
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
schrm

Post by schrm »

Mooninya wrote: August 6th, 2020, 12:22 am https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/childrenoftheabbey_08_roche_128kb.mp3
chapter 7, part 1, 24:19

chapter 7, part 2, 28:33

I had made few corrections according to your advice, it is really helpful. Thanks, Wolfi. :)
08 is checker and pl ok now, many thx! :-D

09: ending silence is now 7 seconds - we need ~5...
i'm sorry, in case i was unclear: we always do need 5 seconds of ending silence! it's in the first post of every project on librivox, so i forgot to mention the needed length.
--> please: shorten the ending silence so the recording has approximately 5 seconds of ending silence!

greetings from tyrol,
cheers,
wolfi
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Mooninya

Post by Mooninya »

28:31
I had edited the silence time at the end to almost 5 seconds, I hope this is ok for now
~Mooninya
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

You didn't tell me if you want chapter 12 which is sections 14 and 15.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
schrm

Post by schrm »

Mooninya wrote: August 9th, 2020, 7:32 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/childrenoftheabbey_09_roche_128kb.mp3
28:31
I had edited the silence time at the end to almost 5 seconds, I hope this is ok for now
~Mooninya
good morning,

spot pl and checker are ok now!
:-D

thx a lot!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
bipcompton

Post by bipcompton »

Hello! I'm still awaiting approval for my 1-Minute-Test, but when that is done, I'd like to do Chapter XIV. Since it is a short chapter, I think it'd be nice for a beginner like me.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

bipcompton wrote: August 24th, 2020, 10:24 pm Hello! I'm still awaiting approval for my 1-Minute-Test, but when that is done, I'd like to do Chapter XIV. Since it is a short chapter, I think it'd be nice for a beginner like me.

Hello, welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Chapter XIV is all yours. Please let us know under which name you would like to be credited in the catalogue. If it is your real name, your forum name, or something else that you choose.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
bipcompton

Post by bipcompton »

miss stav wrote: August 25th, 2020, 8:29 am
bipcompton wrote: August 24th, 2020, 10:24 pm Hello! I'm still awaiting approval for my 1-Minute-Test, but when that is done, I'd like to do Chapter XIV. Since it is a short chapter, I think it'd be nice for a beginner like me.

Hello, welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Chapter XIV is all yours. Please let us know under which name you would like to be credited in the catalogue. If it is your real name, your forum name, or something else that you choose.
Stav.
Thank you! I have some troubles with my 1-Minute-Test, so I have to do it again. I'd be okay with my forum name, but my name is Bi P. Compton (Bi pronounced like Bee).
bipcompton

Post by bipcompton »

Hi, I'm going over Chap. 14, and I just wanted to ask about the characters. If someone can answer this it would be great.
Who is:
- the colonel; is he and Belgrave the same person?
- Adela; is she Mrs Belgrave?
- Mrs Marlowe
- Fitzalan
- Oscar's relationship with the people above
- The general; is he Fitzalan?

Thanks in advance.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

This is a kind of spoiler. I think you better read on to discover. Nice question by the way.
benderca

Post by benderca »

bipcompton wrote: August 25th, 2020, 6:35 pm
miss stav wrote: August 25th, 2020, 8:29 am

Stav.
Thank you! I have some troubles with my 1-Minute-Test, so I have to do it again. I'd be okay with my forum name, but my name is Bi P. Compton (Bi pronounced like Bee).
I'm posting over here to avoid confusion - I already set up a catalogue page for Bi: https://librivox.org/reader/14881
TJ
hannah1

Post by hannah1 »

I'd like to claim chapter 15
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello Hanna, welcome to Librivox. ope you will enjoy her.. CHapter 15 is all yours. However before proceeding please submit a one- minute sampal recording, just to make sure that your technical settings are all correct. Please let us know under which name you would like to be credited in the catalogue. It can be your real name, your forum name, or something else that you choose.
Stav.
alixsquish

Post by alixsquish »

Hi,

Can I claim section 41 please? CHAPTER XXXIII.

Thanks,
Alix
Suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.
Jake the dog
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

hannah1 wrote: August 31st, 2020, 4:22 pm I'd like to claim chapter 15
Section 19 Chapter XV
You are claiming Section 19, Hannah. It is Chapter 15. I just want to make sure we are all on the same page.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood