COMPLETE - SOLO Prayers and Meditations by Samuel Johnson - lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
StevenWatson

Post by StevenWatson »

Preface is ready for PL.

I'm a bit behind on this project, several other things have got in way... But I think I should be able to record some sections next week without interruption!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

StevenWatson wrote: June 4th, 2020, 1:28 pm Preface is ready for PL.

I'm a bit behind on this project, several other things have got in way... But I think I should be able to record some sections next week without interruption!
Preface is PL OK

Nice thing about solos projects is that your schedule is entirely yours.
So, don't worry about your pace or interruptions. :)
~ Larry
StevenWatson

Post by StevenWatson »

Thanks Larry!
StevenWatson

Post by StevenWatson »

Just an update. Have recorded several sections but not yet got round to editing. I have to confess I've fallen prey to the kind of idleness and sloth Samuel Johnson frequently warns of in his prayers!
StevenWatson

Post by StevenWatson »

An update again. I'm sorry to say this project is not quite going as planned, but hopefully next month we be a new excuse-free start. The several recordings I had done have turned out to be unuseable. I think the microphone must have been too close to me, though I can't see what I did differently. I've tried hard but failed to find anyway to get read of the horrible sounds. As Samuel Johnson would write, God grant that I may from this day learn diligence.
linny

Post by linny »

Steven,
As long as you check in every month you have as much time as you need.

Before I record I always check my mic placement. If I can feel breath on the mic then I adjust to the side.

Look at is as a practice run. We have all had recording we had to toss. Keep at it. It will come. :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

linny wrote: July 20th, 2020, 1:11 pm
Look at is as a practice run. We have all had recording we had to toss. Keep at it. It will come. :D
Uh, well, yes I just had one of those recently.
Well, something went wrong after I had edited it, (still don't know what) but I had to do the edit over again.
But, then there was the time my cable came loose from my mic and I din't notice it until I went to edit. So, stuff happens, but as Linny said, stick with it and keep moving forward. We'll be here, and if you need help, just ask.

You can post one of the raw files, and I'll be glad to take a listen to it and offer suggestions -- if I can. :)
~ Larry
StevenWatson

Post by StevenWatson »

silverquill wrote: July 20th, 2020, 10:46 pm
linny wrote: July 20th, 2020, 1:11 pm
Uh, well, yes I just had one of those recently.
Well, something went wrong after I had edited it, (still don't know what) but I had to do the edit over again.
But, then there was the time my cable came loose from my mic and I din't notice it until I went to edit. So, stuff happens, but as Linny said, stick with it and keep moving forward. We'll be here, and if you need help, just ask.

You can post one of the raw files, and I'll be glad to take a listen to it and offer suggestions -- if I can. :)
Thank you Larry for the offer but I've been testing the microphone with various angles and I think I have it sorted. It has to close to me but quite low beneath the mouth. I think my past success with microphone placement may have been rather accidental...! I understand the principles better now.
StevenWatson

Post by StevenWatson »

Okay, things are finally underway again! Section 4 ready for PL. Have more recorded and will be coming soon.
StevenWatson

Post by StevenWatson »

Section 5 now ready for PL too
linny

Post by linny »

It's good to have you back. :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

StevenWatson wrote: August 27th, 2020, 5:17 am Section 5 now ready for PL too
4 and 5 are PL OK!
~ Larry
StevenWatson