[COMPLETE] The Rainbow by D.H. Lawrence - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

MoiraScott wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 1:39 pm Should I say in the beginning "The Rainbow by D. H. Lawrence, Chapter 11, Part 1, First Love" or "The Rainbow by D. H. Lawrence, Chapter 11, First Love, Part 1?"

Thanks!
Moira
Hi!
Please go with "The Rainbow by D. H. Lawrence, Chapter 11, Part 1, First Love".
Thanks, hope you're having fun
-SS
MoiraScott

Post by MoiraScott »

shreyasethi wrote: August 24th, 2020, 2:27 am
MoiraScott wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 1:39 pm Should I say in the beginning "The Rainbow by D. H. Lawrence, Chapter 11, Part 1, First Love" or "The Rainbow by D. H. Lawrence, Chapter 11, First Love, Part 1?"

Thanks!
Moira
Hi!
-SS
Perfect, thanks! I am enjoying this new recording hobby very much. May I have section 31 as well?
Moira
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

MoiraScott wrote: August 24th, 2020, 2:20 pm
shreyasethi wrote: August 24th, 2020, 2:27 am

Thanks!
Moira
Hi!
-SS
Perfect, thanks! I am enjoying this new recording hobby very much. May I have section 31 as well?
Moira
Of course!!! I'm so glad. Thank you so much for claiming!!!
-SS
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I am sorry. I don't feel very well these days. I have to slow down on proof listening so I would like to give up this project. Hope to feel better soon and work with you again on other stuff.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

miss stav wrote: August 26th, 2020, 10:43 pm I am sorry. I don't feel very well these days. I have to slow down on proof listening so I would like to give up this project. Hope to feel better soon and work with you again on other stuff.
Oh well I am so sorry to see you go but I understand. I hope you feel better soon!!! Take care.
-SS
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

Hi there! just an FYI, I am waiting to get back to recording closet - was evacuated due to fire last week. Hope to be home VERY soon! :clap:

Best,
Linda
What is laughter? It is the glorious sound of a soul waking up. -- Hafez
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

Sonrisaj wrote: August 29th, 2020, 5:08 pm Hi there! just an FYI, I am waiting to get back to recording closet - was evacuated due to fire last week. Hope to be home VERY soon! :clap:

Best,
Linda
Hi!
I hope you're alright, take your time it's perfectly alright!! Whenever you're comfortable, upload it :D :)
Take care!
-SS
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

TriciaG wrote: August 10th, 2020, 5:31 am I second all of what Garfield said. :)

When I BC a book from Gutenberg, I usually don't provide links to the individual sections. I suppose you could still provide a link to the individual chapter, and from there the reader would have to find the starting and ending places by searching for them. :)

Definitely provide starting and ending phrases. The less you have to make the reader do the work (divide up the chapter themselves), the more chance you'll get readers. :) You don't have to convert everything into Google Docs unless you want to make it VERY easy for the reader. :lol:
Hi Tricia!
Could you please remove sections 54 and 55, they got added by mistake. Thanks a lot!!!
-SS
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Last two sections removed. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

TriciaG wrote: August 31st, 2020, 5:32 am Last two sections removed. :)
Thank you so much!
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

I'll take sections 8 & 9, Chapter Three, parts one and two, if you please.

BTW, what seems to be the preferred format? I've been using Freda, but maybe will try something else if that's the consensus.

Thanks, Brize
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

BrizeCrize wrote: August 31st, 2020, 8:22 am BTW, what seems to be the preferred format? I've been using Freda, but maybe will try something else if that's the consensus.
I don't understand this question.

It looks like Freda is an e-book reader, correct? As long as you use the text specified in the first post, it doesn't matter if you read from an ebook reader, the html, or if you print out the sections and read it from a hard copy. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Tricia,
Never mind about the question, I was just trying to figure out which e-book reader was easiest to use. I got the Freda e-reader and that worked good enough in my first few assignments, but was wondering if any of the other e-readers that are available might be even better. I'll just try one myself to see if I like it any better. It's probably all just personal preference anyway. I certainly am not interested in printing on paper, that's so...last century :roll: Thanks for responding.
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

BrizeCrize wrote: August 31st, 2020, 8:22 am I'll take sections 8 & 9, Chapter Three, parts one and two, if you please.

BTW, what seems to be the preferred format? I've been using Freda, but maybe will try something else if that's the consensus.

Thanks, Brize
Hi!!!!!!
Thank you so much for claiming, I've assigned the chapters to you. It seems that your query has already been addressed so have fun recording!!!! As far as readers go, I wonder if you've tried Moon+Reader which is what I use.
-SS
Mfassio

Post by Mfassio »

Hi,
I'd like to take sections 14, and 21-22 please. Thanks!
Thanks,

Michael

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." — P.J. O’Rourke