[COMPLETE] Within a Budding Grove, by Marcel Proust-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ScientificMethodist

Post by ScientificMethodist »

KevinS wrote: January 10th, 2020, 6:32 pm
ScientificMethodist wrote: January 10th, 2020, 6:25 pm Section 1 ready for spot check at 24:55:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/withinabuddinggrove_01_proust_128kb.mp3

It does sound better now, even taking into account my lame French pronunciation skills!
PL OK! though I'm not sure why the author mentions pork sausage.
:lol:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Eventually you'll get used to my sense of humor. Give it a couple of years.
ScientificMethodist

I've concluded that I bit off way more than I can chew with this project. The reading is so difficult that it is an ordeal sometimes to get through a sentence. I apologize, but I'm done. Maybe there's interest in converting it to a group project. Otherwise just chuck it.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

ScientificMethodist wrote: January 17th, 2020, 4:11 pm I've concluded that I bit off way more than I can chew with this project. The reading is so difficult that it is an ordeal sometimes to get through a sentence. I apologize, but I'm done. Maybe there's interest in converting it to a group project. Otherwise just chuck it.
Not a problem for me. Proust does that to most of us. Me, I was along for the free ride.

I'm now listening off-line to Kesey's Sometimes a Great Notion. 26 CDs worth! But it's a bit more---a lot more---accessible than Proust.

I really hope you'll choose something else soon. I'll be there when you do!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

You know, what you've done would be great for the first chapter collection that's currently running. If the MC releases your recording for that purpose, I think that would be a win-win.
ScientificMethodist

That's not a bad idea!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

ScientificMethodist wrote: January 17th, 2020, 4:25 pm That's not a bad idea!
Once a decade. Come on 2030!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Hey y'all,
Thanks for letting me know. Since this is not a chapter, it doesn't fit in the first chapter collection. I'll mark the project as abandoned. The completed chapter will get safely stored away on our server and if someone wants to adopt the project in the future, as either a group or solo, they will have a start.
MaryAnn
ScientificMethodist

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: January 19th, 2020, 7:24 pm Hey y'all,
Thanks for letting me know. Since this is not a chapter, it doesn't fit in the first chapter collection. I'll mark the project as abandoned. The completed chapter will get safely stored away on our server and if someone wants to adopt the project in the future, as either a group or solo, they will have a start.
MaryAnn
Thanks. My next solo will be easier and shorter!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

MrsHand is taking over this abandoned solo.

Kristin, when I know that you've seen this thread, I'll delete the other. (This is just to keep all info related to this project together in one place.) I've also entered you as the author of the first post, meaning that you will have the ability to edit things in there as needed. Everything should be all set for you. Let me know if you run into any snags.

Oh yes, and I didn't see any mention of a DPL already, though I might have just missed it. So I added a tilde to the subject line. You can remove it if I was wrong about that, and be sure to let me know in that case, so I can give them MW access.
ScientificMethodist

Good luck, and thanks for keeping my tiny contribution!
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

mightyfelix wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 3:07 pm MrsHand is taking over this abandoned solo.

Kristin, when I know that you've seen this thread, I'll delete the other. (This is just to keep all info related to this project together in one place.) I've also entered you as the author of the first post, meaning that you will have the ability to edit things in there as needed. Everything should be all set for you. Let me know if you run into any snags.

Oh yes, and I didn't see any mention of a DPL already, though I might have just missed it. So I added a tilde to the subject line. You can remove it if I was wrong about that, and be sure to let me know in that case, so I can give them MW access.
Thanks Devorah! I dont't have a DPL, so the tilde is prefect!
ScientificMethodist wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 3:46 pm Good luck, and thanks for keeping my tiny contribution!
Thanks! Your contribution deserved to be kept!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kristin, are you planning to fill in the MW as you go, or do you want to go ahead and fill it in now? If you plan to fill it in here at the beginning, then I'll move us to Going Solo once that's done.

EDIT: We can also hang out here another day or so, to try to find a DPL, if you want.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

I'm going to fill it as I go. There's not really any obvious breaks built in, and I'd almost have to read the whole book before reading it to find them. (If that makes sense).

If we can hang out another day, that'd be good.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

MrsHand wrote: August 24th, 2020, 5:54 pm I'm going to fill it as I go. There's not really any obvious breaks built in, and I'd almost have to read the whole book before reading it to find them. (If that makes sense).

If we can hang out another day, that'd be good.
Yes, I understand exactly what you mean. Thanks for confirming. We'll wait another day or two.