[COMPLETE]The Empire Of Business, by Andrew Carnegie - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Just to make clear, Section number is the Roman Numeral? If that's the case, will that be confusing?
msfry

Post by msfry »

KevinS wrote: August 20th, 2020, 5:20 pm Just to make clear, Section number is the Roman Numeral? If that's the case, will that be confusing?
I don't think so. They are exactly the same. The numerals are for display on little iphone screens, in lieu of 01, 02, etc.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/empireofbusiness_03_carnegie_128kb.mp3 (7:29)

Afraid my voice is a little tired sounding, but I think it's acceptable. (I'm going to rest it now til tomorrow afternoon, I guess.)
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

msfry wrote: August 20th, 2020, 2:39 pm Thanks, Wayne. You're green! :mrgreen:
Cute!!!!

Thank you.
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 2 is uploaded.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/empireofbusiness_02_carnegie_128kb.mp3 32:00

How about a PL trade with me, Kevin? Your two for my one.
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 1

Intro, I didn't add this part of the Title when filling out the MW, "The Road To Business Success". It should be added.
1:21, but then said he, you say she (missing the point). It's the bit about how the young lady sweeps the room, meaning how she sweeps into the room, and how he wishes she would actually sweep the room! I got a chuckle out of that.

By indorsement, I think he means co-signing loans. Or lending money you can't afford to lose. Is that your take on it?

All else is well read, easy to follow, sensible advice for any ambitious young man. I can't help but notice that women aren't being advised. A period piece!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

msfry wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 9:37 pm PL Notes Section 1

Intro, I didn't add this part of the Title when filling out the MW, "The Road To Business Success". It should be added.
1:21, but then said he, you say she (missing the point). It's the bit about how the young lady sweeps the room, meaning how she sweeps into the room, and how he wishes she would actually sweep the room! I got a chuckle out of that.

By indorsement, I think he means co-signing loans. Or lending money you can't afford to lose. Is that your take on it?

All else is well read, easy to follow, sensible advice for any ambitious young man. I can't help but notice that women aren't being advised. A period piece!
Thanks for the PL! I'll get to your '2' soon.

Yes, 'indorsement' is a financial term. Technically, we 'indorse' checks, but 'endorse' has crept into common usage.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

msfry wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 6:36 pm Section 2 is uploaded.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/empireofbusiness_02_carnegie_128kb.mp3 32:00

How about a PL trade with me, Kevin? Your two for my one.
PL OK!
tding

Post by tding »

Hello,

Could I please claim Section 4 and 5? Thanks.

Tina Ding
msfry

Post by msfry »

tding wrote: August 25th, 2020, 11:13 am Hello,

Could I please claim Section 4 and 5? Thanks.

Tina Ding
Hello, Tina. Welcome to the project. I've put you in for 4 and 5. I'm looking forward to learning Carnegie's secret on how to win fortune, for he sure was a very rich man! :D
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi Michele,

Since you asked so nicely :), how could I say no? How about if you set me up for sections 15 and 20? I am in the middle of a Solo project, but I will fit these in. :thumbs:

Wayne

Edit: After seeing what Tina is doing, I feel humbled, and my Solo project seems small and easy. :oops:
Last edited by Kalamareader on August 25th, 2020, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Wayne. 15 and 20 are yours!
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Wayne
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison