[COMPLETE] More Celtic Fairy Tales-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

mightyfelix wrote: August 16th, 2020, 4:13 pm
Jmbau13 wrote: August 14th, 2020, 9:09 pm I would be happy to be DPL on this one. Love Celtic tales.
You're in! :thumbs:
There appears to be someone else stepping in as PL. Please clarify?
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

king12581 wrote: August 18th, 2020, 5:07 pm Hi, I'm doing section 4 Paddy O'Kelly and the Weasel" Thank you for all your hard work. Is this a good format for you? let me know and I will fix it

!:43: you said "screeched" instead of "screeching"

1:50 you said "twisted" instead of "was twisting"

12:04 you said "Sealight" instead of "Yellow"
Hi
There is a certain protocol about being a PL, which you appear to be unaware of, or have simply ignored. I see that you are pretty new to Librivox, and while it's nice that you want to help, please don't just jump in without first offering your services, and having them accepted by the BC. It's we all important follow the protocol and existing process, so that everything works smoothly for all.
More info here. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners
Last edited by Jmbau13 on August 18th, 2020, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

king12581 wrote: August 18th, 2020, 5:26 pm HI, I'm doing section 7 Dream of Owen O'Mulready. Thank you for all your hard work!

4:12 you forgot to say "two"

5:34 You said "if" instead of "It's"
Hi
There is a certain protocol about being a PL, which you appear to be unaware of, or have simply ignored. I see that you are pretty new to Librivox, and while it's nice that you want to help, please don't just jump in without first offering your services, and having them accepted by the BC. It's we all important follow the protocol and existing process, so that everything works smoothly for all.
regards
Jane Bennett
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Hi,
I'd like to read "5. The Black Horse". I'd like crediting as Adrian J Wilson. Would you associate the following website with my name please? https://www.afinevoice.com

Thanks,
afinevoice
Last edited by afinevoice on August 19th, 2020, 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks,
Adrian
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

king12581 wrote: August 18th, 2020, 5:07 pm Hi, I'm doing section 4 Paddy O'Kelly and the Weasel" Thank you for all your hard work. Is this a good format for you? let me know and I will fix it

!:43: you said "screeched" instead of "screeching"

1:50 you said "twisted" instead of "was twisting"

12:04 you said "Sealight" instead of "Yellow"
Hello, and welcome to LibriVox. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but this project already has a dedicated proof listener and doesn't require any additional help in that department. :)

To find out whether a project has a proof listener or not, you can check the MW (magic window, in the first post of each project). If there is a proof listener, there will be a message there that says something like "This project has a dedicated proof listener who has committed to PL all sections" followed by the person's name.

We do definitely need PLers at LibriVox, so I wouldn't dream of discouraging you from doing that! But I want to help you find the projects that most need your help. You can check the Listeners Wanted forum to see if there are any needs posted there. You can also look for projects that have a tilde (~) in the thread title. That means that they are still looking for a DPL. You can also check the Project Status Table, where there is a list of projects without a DPL. (This list is updated manually, about once a week, so it will sometimes be a bit behind the times.) It's always best to post in the thread offering your help before you jump in. :)

Again, welcome! I hope that you will soon learn your way around the forums and find a great project to continue to! :D
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Thanks,
Adrian
fishmiles

Post by fishmiles »

Hi!
Could I claim section 10 please?
Thanks!
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Owlivia wrote: August 17th, 2020, 1:47 pm Chapter 4: a true "shaggy dog" -- make that a shaggy weasel -- story

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/morecelticfairytales_04_jacobs_128kb.mp3

run time: 14:27

Owlivia/Deborah
Hi Deborah, I have to tell you how much I enjoyed listening to your reading! You read it quite beautifully I thought, so it was a real pleasure to listen to. And I very much liked the expression you put into the tale, as well as the different voices. I actually think different voices when there are different characters speaking makes it easier to listen to. So congratulations and thank you for your reading. No errors, and all your tech specs were correct, so thank you there also.
The only thing I found awkward is the volume difference that leaped out at around~ 6.50 or so - a very noticeable difference. You can even see the difference in the two sections in the original waveform, if you look at your file. I am guessing you recorded it in two separate sessions?
To get a consistent volume, I reduced the second half by around 4 dBs. I was going to ask you to do this, but to save you any more mucking about, I have uploaded the altered file from my computer instead. (And at the same time I removed the extraneous bit of recording that had crept in right at the end of the file, which I'm guessing was an error while editing). And marked it as PL OK now in the Magic Window.
I hope this is OK with you - if you would prefer to do it yourself, please do, I promise I won't mind.
Again, lovely reading and nicely done. Thank you.
regards
Jane Bennett
Ares

Post by Ares »

Hi!
May I do - 12 The Russet Dog please?
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

I'll take 9. The Story of the Macandrew Family if that's okay?
Thanks,
Adrian
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Done. You’re all in! :D
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Jmbau13 wrote: August 20th, 2020, 3:19 am
Owlivia wrote: August 17th, 2020, 1:47 pm Chapter 4: a true "shaggy dog" -- make that a shaggy weasel -- story

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/morecelticfairytales_04_jacobs_128kb.mp3

run time: 14:27

Owlivia/Deborah
I am guessing you recorded it in two separate sessions?
To get a consistent volume, I reduced the second half by around 4 dBs. I was going to ask you to do this, but to save you any more mucking about, I have uploaded the altered file from my computer instead. (And at the same time I removed the extraneous bit of recording that had crept in right at the end of the file, which I'm guessing was an error while editing). And marked it as PL OK now in the Magic Window.
I hope this is OK with you - if you would prefer to do it yourself, please do, I promise I won't mind.
Again, lovely reading and nicely done. Thank you.
Jane, thank you for your very gracious and encouraging comments! :9:
I had a lot of fun doing the voices )particularly the "hag" :D ) so I'm glad to hear that you liked the variety. Thanks bunches, also for fixing the volume; I'm still working that out in my recordings. You were spot on, too; the difference was in two separate recording sessions.

best,
Deborah / Owlivia
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

johnb2 wrote: August 20th, 2020, 12:30 pm Hi Jane

Repairs done on chapter 7- new time @ 7:37

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/morecelticfairytales_07_jacobs_128kb.mp3
Lovely John. And very nicely read. You have a very nice clear voice, and I enjoyed listening to the story read by you. I particularly enjoyed the bit about them 'having enough potatoes in the year' besides their wages :D
All tech spechs correct. I noticed the 'if' instead of 'it's' is still there, but I'm happy to mark it PL as the meaning is still clear and it makes no difference in the tale.
Thank you for reading.
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

afinevoice wrote: August 19th, 2020, 12:12 pm Hi,
5. The Black Horse is recorded
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/morecelticfairytales_5_jacobs_128kb.mp3
Lovely reading, Adrian, and what a tale. Prince's sons, spells, a magical black horse... loved listening to it.
I have the following feedback:
1. Please supply the finished length of recording when advising of upload - this time, I've done it for you
2. The file was missing the full 5 secs of silence at the end (a 'must do' for compliing the files into the finished book)
3. This is a preference - I noticed the file had a bit of extraneous noise - quite a bit of 'breathiness' and a few extraneous clicks. You can see them between the waveforms on your original file, if you zoom in and look. As an experiment, I did a few runs of noise reduction, choosing one of these each time, and think it much improved the file. Only took a minute or two.
Now, since I'd pretty much fixed things, I added the 5 secs of silence and re-uploaded, to save you the trouble on this occasion. I hope you are OK with this, please let me know.
And thank you for reading. I'm really enjoying these fairy tales.
regards
Jane Bennett