[COMPLETE]The Room in the Tower, by E.F. Benson - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Alev wrote: August 7th, 2020, 2:33 pm Hello! I've uploaded #12, "Between The Lights"
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/roominthetower_12_benson_128kb.mp3

Thank you! Do you have a time duration for your recording?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Alev

Post by Alev »

icequeen wrote: August 7th, 2020, 8:05 pm
Alev wrote: August 7th, 2020, 2:33 pm Hello! I've uploaded #12, "Between The Lights"

Yes, it's 27:47
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Alev wrote: August 8th, 2020, 6:49 am
icequeen wrote: August 7th, 2020, 8:05 pm

Yes, it's 27:47
Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Per PM, section 1 has been opened up to new readers. Any takers?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 12 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

icequeen wrote: August 8th, 2020, 6:43 pm Per PM, section 1 has been opened up to new readers. Any takers?
I certainly don't want to be a section hog having already done three stories for this one - but if it's not poor form I'd absolutely love to pick this up. I only had a passing familiarity with Benson prior to this, but working on my other submissions really cemented an appreciation.

That said, I really, really don't want to step on any toes. If anyone else has their eye on it I'd be happy to step aside - particularly as I'm away from my mic visiting family right now, and won't be able to record until early September.

All that to say - here's my hat thrown in the ring, but I'm happy to take it back out if that's what's in the best interest of the community :D
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OooThatsNifty wrote: August 8th, 2020, 9:42 pm
icequeen wrote: August 8th, 2020, 6:43 pm Per PM, section 1 has been opened up to new readers. Any takers?
I certainly don't want to be a section hog having already done three stories for this one - but if it's not poor form I'd absolutely love to pick this up. I only had a passing familiarity with Benson prior to this, but working on my other submissions really cemented an appreciation.

That said, I really, really don't want to step on any toes. If anyone else has their eye on it I'd be happy to step aside - particularly as I'm away from my mic visiting family right now, and won't be able to record until early September.

All that to say - here's my hat thrown in the ring, but I'm happy to take it back out if that's what's in the best interest of the community :D

My policy is first claimed first served! As long as people are getting their claims done, I have no problem with them claiming more. And it is especially in this situation, where someone gave up their section, or their claim went past the 2 month mark. So, section 1 is yours, thanks Andrew!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

icequeen wrote: August 9th, 2020, 5:27 pm My policy is first claimed first served! As long as people are getting their claims done, I have no problem with them claiming more. And it is especially in this situation, where someone gave up their section, or their claim went past the 2 month mark. So, section 1 is yours, thanks Andrew!
Works for me! Thanks very much!

I've got a couple other outstanding assignments for when I get get back to my recording setup, but at a guess I'd say you can expect this one to be submitted somewhere in the neighbourhood of September 10th.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
Shruti612

Post by Shruti612 »

Section 5, At Abdul Ali's Grave, is finally here! Please let me know if it's fine, and additional comments too if you have any :)

Run time: 29:32 minutes

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/roominthetower_05_benson_128kb.mp3
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Shruti612 wrote: August 15th, 2020, 5:52 am Section 5, At Abdul Ali's Grave, is finally here! Please let me know if it's fine, and additional comments too if you have any :)

Run time: 29:32 minutes

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/roominthetower_05_benson_128kb.mp3

Thank you! I will listen as soon as I can!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 5 is PL OK! Great job!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Shruti612

Post by Shruti612 »

icequeen wrote: August 18th, 2020, 9:17 pm Section 5 is PL OK! Great job!
Thank you :)
susheel02

Post by susheel02 »

Done with recording section 17. Will edit and post it this weekend. Thanks for your patience.
Susheel
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

susheel02 wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 1:12 pm Done with recording section 17. Will edit and post it this weekend. Thanks for your patience.
Perfect! Thank you for checking in and letting me know!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
susheel02

Post by susheel02 »

Finally done with Section 17. This was a learning experience and an enjoyable one too. I have much more to learn. Thanks to all of you who make it possible.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/roominthetower_17_benson_128kb.mp3

Duration 28:07

I believe that I uploaded the file twice, so you may have a duplicate in there. Very sorry about that. I lost the original link when I tried copying it.

I look forward to your QC.
Susheel