[COMPLETE] New Chronicles of Rebecca by Kate Douglas Wiggin-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

benderca wrote: August 17th, 2020, 3:12 pm And here, for your listening pleasure, is Narrator, Chapter 1: :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/newchronicles_01_narrator.mp3 (29:54)
Thank you!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

hsimmons wrote: August 17th, 2020, 6:41 pm Hello!
Happy to take 4 or 10. I don't mind singing, and I have a decent voice. :)
That would be great! Thank you! I'll go ahead and reserve Persis Watson for you, if that's alright.

Before you do any recording for LibriVox, you'll need to get a 1-Minute Test OK'ed. (Here are the instructions: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test ) When your test is ready, you'll post the link to it in the Listeners & Editors Wanted forum.
If you have any questions, let me know!

Also, what would you like your catalog name to be? That's the part where you say, "Persis Watson, read by..." It can be your real name, your forum name, or something different. Just know that it can't be changed because that's what gets read into the audio files. Also, if you'd like a link to a personal website or blog to be included on your catalog page, just let me know.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

julianpratley wrote: August 17th, 2020, 8:41 pm
PL OK :)
Thanks!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Rebecca Chronicle Eight is spot PL OK! :thumbs:
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Bhavya, Chronicle Eight is ready to edit! :clap:
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Twinkle88 wrote: August 18th, 2020, 1:24 pm Rebecca Chronicle Eight is spot PL OK! :thumbs:
Thanks!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
MustelaFuro

Post by MustelaFuro »

Hi everyone—I will not be able to do my parts. I’m teaching at a university which is attempting to do in person learning starting in a few days. I’ve been working nonstop for weeks to change syllabi and create policies and learn new tech and I just have no bandwidth. I’m disappointed. I will come back to librivox another time when my stress cup is not overflowing!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Okay, thanks for letting me know! Prayers that it all works out! :)
benderca

Post by benderca »

julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

JayKitty76 wrote: August 14th, 2020, 4:17 pm Rebecca chp 10 is ready for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/newchronicles_10_rebecca.mp3 time is 16:31.
Sorry I'm so bad at editing :oops: I intentionally tried to slow down my talking so the audience can understand what I'm saying :lol: Also, I kind of tried to make Rebecca sound a little older by making my voice slightly quieter (though I amplified so it meets the dB requirements) and not as dramatic (although I did try to act, at least, but I'm admittedly not the best actress :lol: )
Also, I love how Rebecca says "I've been writing for nearly two hours" because that's also me, I woke up at 5am this morning and wrote for 3 hours (!)
Well, that's the end of my rambling, I'd better post this :lol:
I think you got the tone spot on :D

PL notes:
  • volume is a little low (85 dB)
  • stumbles at 4:27, 5:45
  • missing words at 14:09, 15:00
    • I told him I was afraid
    • and the next few months will be lived in the rush and whirlwind of work
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

julianpratley wrote: August 19th, 2020, 8:38 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: August 14th, 2020, 4:17 pm Rebecca chp 10 is ready for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/newchronicles_10_rebecca.mp3 time is 16:31.
Sorry I'm so bad at editing :oops: I intentionally tried to slow down my talking so the audience can understand what I'm saying :lol: Also, I kind of tried to make Rebecca sound a little older by making my voice slightly quieter (though I amplified so it meets the dB requirements) and not as dramatic (although I did try to act, at least, but I'm admittedly not the best actress :lol: )
Also, I love how Rebecca says "I've been writing for nearly two hours" because that's also me, I woke up at 5am this morning and wrote for 3 hours (!)
Well, that's the end of my rambling, I'd better post this :lol:
I think you got the tone spot on :D

PL notes:
  • volume is a little low (85 dB)
  • stumbles at 4:27, 5:45
  • missing words at 14:09, 15:00
    • I told him I was afraid
    • and the next few months will be lived in the rush and whirlwind of work
Thanks!
Will fix tomorrow
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

benderca wrote: August 19th, 2020, 6:37 pm Narrator, Chronicle 4:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/newchronicles_04_narrator.mp3
Thank you!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

PL notes for Narrator Chronicle Four:

@ 15:25 Mispronounced name: "Uncle Jerry and Aunt Sarah Cobb were made acquainted before very long with the part that destiny, or Abijah Flagg, had played in Rebecca's affairs, for, accompanied by the teacher, she walked to the old stage driver's that same afternoon."
(I'm looking for a pronunciation like "ah-BYE-shzah" rather than "ah-BYE-jah" with a hard "j." Example audio is in the pronunciation guide.)

@ 15:13 Mispronounced name: "grinned Abijah, who was somewhat celebrated for his puns."

@ 14:46 Mispronounced name: "chuckled Abijah, with a pleased glance at each of the trio in turn,"

@ 13:39 Mispronounced name: "Abijah Flagg alighted and approached the side door with a grin."

Lovely narration! :)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Sorry I didn't end up getting to Rebecca today!
There have actually been about 20+ small fires in my county right now and they've all combined into one huge thing, a ton of people I know have been evacuated and it's a really crazy time. Plus it's my little brother's birthday tomorrow, so we've been trying to get ready for that while planning what to do if we have to evacuate😅 it's really hectic. I'll do my best to get to Rebecca as soon as I can..
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

PL notes for Narrator Chronicle One:

@ 22:16 Misread word: "At six o'clock that evening Rebecca and Emma Jane flew up the hill and down the lane again, waving their hands to the dear old couple who were waiting for them in the usual place, the back piazza where they had sat so many summers in a blessed companionship never marred by an unloving word."

@ 21:22 Misread word: "Being lifted into her arms, he at once tore her spectacles from her nose and laughed aloud."