[COMPLETE] Flowers of Freethought (First Series) by G.W. Foote - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
AnaNaumoska
Posts: 197
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 3:57 am
Location: Struga, North Macedonia

Post by AnaNaumoska » August 15th, 2020, 7:57 am

TomHersant wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 12:48 pm
Greetings,
Here is Section 44, duration of 09mm15ss: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_44_foote_128kb_.mp3
Tommy
Tommy,

You have missed the title of the chapter :lol: Please add "SCOTCHED, NOT SLAIN" in the intro, at 00:23, and repost it :)


Cheers, :D
Ana :mrgreen:


salus populi suprema lex

AnaNaumoska
Posts: 197
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 3:57 am
Location: Struga, North Macedonia

Post by AnaNaumoska » August 15th, 2020, 8:06 am

Peter Why wrote:
August 15th, 2020, 12:29 am
Thank you both; I'll probably not read any of the author's books as a solo, as I have too many lined up. But I'll enjoy the odd chapter or two ... not just odd but funny!

Peter

Peter, wait :D

I listened again,

The intro goes: ""Section 43 of Flowers of Freethought (First Series). This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"Flowers of Freethought by George William Foote. Section 43" and I hear "Section [number] of Flowers of Freethought (First Series). This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"

Which means you're missing this:

"Flowers of Freethought by George William Foote. Section [number]"

Please add this at 0:16 and re-post it.


I'm sorry for the earlier false PL ok :(
Ana :mrgreen:


salus populi suprema lex

AnaNaumoska
Posts: 197
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 3:57 am
Location: Struga, North Macedonia

Post by AnaNaumoska » August 15th, 2020, 8:40 am

lucasobrien03 wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 11:24 am
Here is section 37! Length is 5:40.

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_37_foote_128kb.mp3

Thanks!

Hi Lucas, I enjoyed your reading, and found no issues regarding that, so great job there! :clap:
There are two technical things you'd need to address before I can mark your recording as PL ok in the MW.

You're missing the title of the section, that should be added at 00:24. Please add " Living by faith ".
The second thing is the volume, starting from 00:24 the recording suddenly becomes too loud, I think you must have over-amplified it and now it is around 100 db. We aim for a loudness at 89 db, but everything between 87-91 db is good to go. Please lower the volume for around to the normal range and send it again. Regarding this issue, you can always check the files before uploading them, to see if any technical adjustments are needed using the Checker (more info here https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker). If the status of your file, after being processed is "Passed with warnings" it usually has to do with the sound.

With that being said, please address these two issues, upload the file again and post it so I can check it! If you need any help with it, let us know! :9:

Cheers,
Ana :mrgreen:


salus populi suprema lex

TomHersant
Posts: 264
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 12:48 am
Location: Carlsbad, CA

Post by TomHersant » August 15th, 2020, 11:07 am

Hello Ana,
"You have missed the title of the chapter :lol: Please add "SCOTCHED, NOT SLAIN" in the intro, at 00:23, and repost it :)"
Sure, be happy to update and repost.
Sorry that I misinterpreted the intro instructions in Section 7 of Page 1. Thought we should only read the Section Number.
Tommy
" Pah! An ounce of civet, good apothecary! The bishops smell to heaven." - George William Foote

Peter Why
Posts: 4769
Joined: November 24th, 2005, 3:54 am
Location: Chigwell (North-East London, U.K.)

Post by Peter Why » August 15th, 2020, 11:51 am

Section 43 edited and re-uploaded: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_43_foote_128kb.mp3

(7.25)

Apologies,

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger

TomHersant
Posts: 264
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 12:48 am
Location: Carlsbad, CA

Post by TomHersant » August 15th, 2020, 12:45 pm

Greeting,
Here is the new and enriched Section 44, now a duration of 09mm18ss: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_44_foote_128kb.mp3
Tommy
" Pah! An ounce of civet, good apothecary! The bishops smell to heaven." - George William Foote

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18746
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » August 15th, 2020, 3:48 pm

Thank you all - MW updated - including my last section. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

AnaNaumoska
Posts: 197
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 3:57 am
Location: Struga, North Macedonia

Post by AnaNaumoska » August 16th, 2020, 1:45 am

Tommy, Peter,

Thank you for the quick responses!
Peter Why wrote:
August 15th, 2020, 11:51 am
Section 43 edited and re-uploaded: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_43_foote_128kb.mp3

(7.25)

Apologies,

Peter
#43 is now PL ok :clap:

TomHersant wrote:
August 15th, 2020, 12:45 pm
Greeting,
Here is the new and enriched Section 44, now a duration of 09mm18ss: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_44_foote_128kb.mp3
Tommy
#44 is also PL ok! :clap:



Best,
Ana :mrgreen:


salus populi suprema lex

AnaNaumoska
Posts: 197
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 3:57 am
Location: Struga, North Macedonia

Post by AnaNaumoska » August 16th, 2020, 1:59 am

Availle wrote:
August 15th, 2020, 3:48 pm
Thank you all - MW updated - including my last section. :D
#18 is also PL ok which brings us only to a couple of sections left till we finish it! :9:
Ana :mrgreen:


salus populi suprema lex

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18746
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » August 16th, 2020, 2:17 am

You're such a star - thank you Ana! :clap:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

lucasobrien03
Posts: 12
Joined: April 26th, 2020, 6:21 pm

Post by lucasobrien03 » August 17th, 2020, 1:06 pm

AnaNaumoska wrote:
August 15th, 2020, 8:40 am
lucasobrien03 wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 11:24 am
Here is section 37! Length is 5:40.

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_37_foote_128kb.mp3

Thanks!

Hi Lucas, I enjoyed your reading, and found no issues regarding that, so great job there! :clap:
There are two technical things you'd need to address before I can mark your recording as PL ok in the MW.

You're missing the title of the section, that should be added at 00:24. Please add " Living by faith ".
The second thing is the volume, starting from 00:24 the recording suddenly becomes too loud, I think you must have over-amplified it and now it is around 100 db. We aim for a loudness at 89 db, but everything between 87-91 db is good to go. Please lower the volume for around to the normal range and send it again. Regarding this issue, you can always check the files before uploading them, to see if any technical adjustments are needed using the Checker (more info here https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker). If the status of your file, after being processed is "Passed with warnings" it usually has to do with the sound.

With that being said, please address these two issues, upload the file again and post it so I can check it! If you need any help with it, let us know! :9:

Cheers,
Here is the corrected reading!

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_37_foote_128kb.mp3 (5:42)

Thanks!

AnaNaumoska
Posts: 197
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 3:57 am
Location: Struga, North Macedonia

Post by AnaNaumoska » August 17th, 2020, 1:39 pm

lucasobrien03 wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 1:06 pm
AnaNaumoska wrote:
August 15th, 2020, 8:40 am
lucasobrien03 wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 11:24 am
Here is section 37! Length is 5:40.

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_37_foote_128kb.mp3

Thanks!

Hi Lucas, I enjoyed your reading, and found no issues regarding that, so great job there! :clap:
There are two technical things you'd need to address before I can mark your recording as PL ok in the MW.

You're missing the title of the section, that should be added at 00:24. Please add " Living by faith ".
The second thing is the volume, starting from 00:24 the recording suddenly becomes too loud, I think you must have over-amplified it and now it is around 100 db. We aim for a loudness at 89 db, but everything between 87-91 db is good to go. Please lower the volume for around to the normal range and send it again. Regarding this issue, you can always check the files before uploading them, to see if any technical adjustments are needed using the Checker (more info here https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker). If the status of your file, after being processed is "Passed with warnings" it usually has to do with the sound.

With that being said, please address these two issues, upload the file again and post it so I can check it! If you need any help with it, let us know! :9:

Cheers,
Here is the corrected reading!

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_37_foote_128kb.mp3 (5:42)

Thanks!


Yay, thank you for the quick response! It is PL OK now!

Best,
Ana :mrgreen:


salus populi suprema lex

pyledriver
Posts: 310
Joined: July 10th, 2013, 3:32 pm
Location: Lexington, KY USA

Post by pyledriver » August 17th, 2020, 2:50 pm


Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18746
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » August 17th, 2020, 3:02 pm

Great, thank you all! 6 sections to go! :9:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

nm08
Posts: 9
Joined: July 24th, 2020, 8:18 am

Post by nm08 » August 18th, 2020, 10:49 am


Post Reply