[COMPLETE][Philosophy]The Art of Worldly Wisdom, by Gracian - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

Thank you Larry!

Here's 21, 9mm 50ss -- i'm using a new pair of headphones which makes me sound weird to myself, but hopefully all is ok! :?

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/artofworldlywisom_21_gracian_128.mp3

Enjoy this day,
Linda
oops, just saw I mis-spelled wisdom...letme know if you need me to fix that detail.
What is laughter? It is the glorious sound of a soul waking up. -- Hafez
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Sonrisaj wrote: August 13th, 2020, 2:18 pmhttps://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/artofworldlywisom_21_gracian_128.mp3
oops, just saw I mis-spelled wisdom...letme know if you need me to fix that detail.
no worries. If it's straight PL ok, then I can change the filename in my folder. If there are PL notes, then you can reupload with the corrected file name :)

Btw you also forget the "kb" at the end ;) The best way to make sure the filename is correct is to copy/paste the example in the first post, then simply change the ## by the section number. That's how I always do it.

Thanks ! And have a nice weekend

Sonia
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

you too Sonia! I will keep the copy and paste option in mind. :D

Warmly,
Linda
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Sonrisaj wrote: August 15th, 2020, 1:01 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/artofworldlywisdom_21_gracian_128kb.mp3

fixed! Happy Saturday!

Linda
PL OK
i have the file length of this one as 9:51
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: August 15th, 2020, 8:01 pm
Sonrisaj wrote: August 15th, 2020, 1:01 pmhttps://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/artofworldlywisdom_21_gracian_128kb.mp3
fixed! Happy Saturday!
Linda
PL OK
Larry, did you download from the MW ? Because that link was the faulty one. I only exchanged it now with Linda's correct one. Could you recheck quickly whether it was the file you PLed ? I marked it back to Ready for PL. Please always download from the MW, not from the link the readers give in their posts, it's the only way we can assure that the MW is up-to-date with the correct link.

Linda: thank you for reuploading with the corrected link, but it would have been better to wait until Larry had PLed your section (as I mentioned previously ;) ) No need to reupload to the server unnecessarily. Only if there are PL notes you would have changed the name, otherwise I would have done it. :D

Thanks

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kitty wrote: August 16th, 2020, 1:25 am
silverquill wrote: August 15th, 2020, 8:01 pm
Sonrisaj wrote: August 15th, 2020, 1:01 pmhttps://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/artofworldlywisdom_21_gracian_128kb.mp3
fixed! Happy Saturday!
Linda
PL OK
Larry, did you download from the MW ? Because that link was the faulty one. I only exchanged it now with Linda's correct one. Could you recheck quickly whether it was the file you PLed ? I marked it back to Ready for PL. Please always download from the MW, not from the link the readers give in their posts, it's the only way we can assure that the MW is up-to-date with the correct link.

Linda: thank you for reuploading with the corrected link, but it would have been better to wait until Larry had PLed your section (as I mentioned previously ;) ) No need to reupload to the server unnecessarily. Only if there are PL notes you would have changed the name, otherwise I would have done it. :D

Thanks

Sonia
Right, I always download from the MW, for all the obvious reasons.
I can't check it again right now because my computer totally died last night.
Just borrowing this one for a few minutes.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: August 17th, 2020, 5:05 amRight, I always download from the MW, for all the obvious reasons.
yes I thought you would, but wanted to make sure
I can't check it again right now because my computer totally died last night.
aww it's stressful when that happens :( well, we can be patient, and I hope all is well soon.

So the file unfortunately has to get checked again because you checked the faulty link :( sorry about that. If you need help, let me know, but there is no hurry yet :)

thanks

Sonia
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

Sorry for my part in gumming this up! I blame the heat wave here... :D

take care,
Linda
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

Hi Larry, Hi Sonia,

Fire here in Big Sur about 5 miles south of us here on Partington Ridge (Dolan Ridge fire) so I will be off-line from Librivox for a bit. Not my first time to the wildfire rodeo so am fairly confident we'll be safe.

Can't wait to get back to Baltasar, though - take me away!

Hugs,

Linda
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Sonrisaj wrote: August 19th, 2020, 9:47 amFire here in Big Sur about 5 miles south of us here on Partington Ridge (Dolan Ridge fire) so I will be off-line from Librivox for a bit. Not my first time to the wildfire rodeo so am fairly confident we'll be safe.
yikes, are you in the line of fire ? :shock: take care ! And hopefully it doesn't get out of control.

And let us know when you need help with Gracian... so far you still have time, you barely started to claim your sections. So no stress yet.

Sonia
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

its about five miles from us, moving out in all directions (including towards us) we are packing, laying out fire hoses, watering...

Please send prayers! California's having a tough fire season already.

xooxox
Linda
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Sonrisaj wrote: August 19th, 2020, 1:37 pm its about five miles from us, moving out in all directions (including towards us) we are packing, laying out fire hoses, watering...
:? doesn't sound good. So you are prepared to leave the area ? Wishing all the best this will pass you by. Courage ! And keep in contact if you can. (I would worry less then, if I know you are still up and about)

Sonia
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

Thanks Sonia! Hoping to get home soon. Heard the magic words "mop-up" and "containment" today regarding the Dolan Fire, way too close to our home in Big Sur. Staying optimistic about the USFS and local fire teams efforts. Am staying about 30 miles away, in Carmel. Missing my recording closet :P and my friend Baltasar...

All the best, be safe.
Linda
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kitty wrote: August 4th, 2020, 2:32 amUpdate a few hours later: got a PM from the reader after all
Essssssss19 wrote:I understand, my apologies, things got a bit tight but all is well. I will post one by the end of tomorrow.
Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.
Linda, I hope you have not started with sections 27 and 28 yet, so I will grant an extension to the reader.
all right, here is a new update about sections 27 and 28. The reader did not log since his last PM and since the project is so near completion, I will definitely hand over the sections to you now Linda. (if you are still ok with this). Please let me know.

Hopefully your firebrigade is up to the containment ! All the best.

Sonia