COMPLETE - [YA] Jr Classics v9-Stories of To-day - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

mleigh wrote: July 18th, 2020, 10:11 am I'll do the following story if you'd like:

23 The Cost of Loving by Frederick O. Bartlett

thanks,

M
That would be wonderful! Thank you.
JodiS

Post by JodiS »

I'm new here but would like to try--can I have section 51 and my username is JodiS

Thank you!
linny

Post by linny »

JodiS wrote: August 13th, 2020, 3:18 pm I'm new here but would like to try--can I have section 51 and my username is JodiS

Thank you!
Hi Jodi!
Welcome to LibriVox. Before recording for a project please complete the preliminary test over in Listeners Wanted. It’s to make sure your recording settings are correct. Once you get the OK there please come back to place your claim.

Be well and stay safe
JodiS

Post by JodiS »

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/test_jodis.mp3

I'm sorry about that, here is the mp3 of my recording. Thank you!
linny

Post by linny »

JodiS wrote: August 13th, 2020, 6:12 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/test_jodis.mp3

I'm sorry about that, here is the mp3 of my recording. Thank you!
Hi Jodi,
I reposted your link to Listeners Wanted so you could get feedback. Please see your new thread there: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=82030
linny

Post by linny »

JodiS wrote: August 13th, 2020, 3:18 pm I'm new here but would like to try--can I have section 51 and my username is JodiS

Thank you!
If you are still interested it looks like you are ready to begin recording section 51! :clap:
JodiS

Post by JodiS »

Thank you for your help and patience. I'm excited to begin!
linny

Post by linny »

JodiS wrote: August 16th, 2020, 5:04 pm Thank you for your help and patience. I'm excited to begin!
Great! Let me know if you have any questions along the way.
JodiS

Post by JodiS »

AltoPenguin1776

Post by AltoPenguin1776 »

I am new to this and would like to try to read section 1. my user name is AltoPenguin1776.

Thanks!
linny

Post by linny »

AltoPenguin1776 wrote: August 19th, 2020, 8:24 am I am new to this and would like to try to read section 1. my user name is AltoPenguin1776.

Thanks!
Hello and welcome to LV! You should have received a welcome email. In that email you should find a link to the preliminary test information. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test It's a simple little recording you'll need to post in the Listeners Wanted forum to check your technical specifications. Once you pass that then you may choose any open section.
Tajbiha

Post by Tajbiha »

Hello!
Can I have the section 1 please? I really want to become a part! :D

Thank you,
Tajbihatoon Noor
linny

Post by linny »

JodiS wrote: August 19th, 2020, 8:07 am Please find my recording of Section 51 here: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol9_51_patten_128kb.mp3 time 13:30
Hi Jodi,
You did a nice job. Please don't let the following list upset you. We all stumble when we record. You just need to learn how to edit out your flubs a little better.

2:17 stumble - I made poor Prince Bulbo, when he was christened, the present of a rose which made him look handsome while he had it; but he gave it to Angelica, who instantly looked beautiful again, whilst Bulbo relapsed into his natural plainness.”

4:27 stumble (please delete extra word ‘too’) - “As if anybody could be good enough for him,” cried Rosalba.

6:11 stumble/repeat - officers shout out “Forward, my men!”

6:33 – stumble - In a word, the overthrow of King Padella’s army was so complete, that if they had been Russians you could not have wished them to be more utterly smashed and confounded.

7:47 and 7:55 stumble - When he was fairly brought to bay, Padella turned and dealt Prince Giglio a prodigious crack over the sconce with his battle-axe, a most enormous weapon, which had cut down I don’t know how many regiments in the course of the afternoon.

9:58 stumble - “I cannot stay with you long, sir,” says Bulbo, who was in his best ball dress, as he handled his father in the prog, “I am engaged to dance the next quadrille with Her Majesty Queen Rosalba, and I hear the fiddles playing at this very moment.”

10:23 stumble - The people through whose villages they passed were ordered to illuminate their cottages at night, and scatter flowers on the roads during the day.

10:36 - and I promise you they did not like to refuse, to serve the troops liberally with eatables and wine;

12:02 stumble - At night, Her Majesty’s ladies of honor (who had all rallied round her the day after King Padella’s defeat) came and conducted her to the apartments prepared for her; whilst King Giglio, surrounded by his gentlemen, withdrew to his own royal quarters.

12:13 stumble - and orders were despatched to the Archbishop of Blombodinga, to hold himself in readiness to perform the interesting[502] ceremony.

12:29 stumble - the Ex-Prime Minister, and made him refund that considerable sum of money which the old scoundrel had secreted out of the late King’s treasure.

12:53 stumble - So these two Ex-Royal personages were sent for a year to the House of Correction,

13:04 stumble - and thereafter were obliged to become monks of the severest Order of Flagellants, in which state, by fasting, by vigils, by flogging

Please noise clean this recording.

Let me know if you have questions about my notes. You might want to spend some time in our wiki. We have a great video library on editing. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Instructional_Videos

After editing, please post your new link using the same file name.
linny

Post by linny »

Tajbiha wrote: August 20th, 2020, 4:18 am Hello!
Can I have the section 1 please? I really want to become a part! :D

Thank you,
Tajbihatoon Noor
Hello and welcome to LV! You should have received a welcome email. In that email you should find a link to the preliminary test information. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test It's a simple little recording you'll need to post in the Listeners Wanted forum to check your technical specifications. Once you pass that then you may choose any open section.
JodiS

Post by JodiS »

Thank you for the editing help, the wiki videos were very helpful. Please find my recording attached https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol9_51_pattern_128kb.mp3

time 13:23