[COMPLETE] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 7 (Part II) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Adam

and April, I already assembled Section 77 together. I PLed Craig's role at the same time, so you don't have to do that for this section. Craig: wonderful readings both as the pensioner and Farmer Russet !! I missed your voice in this project ! :9:

Now you can PL the final assembled file and listen to the whole dramatic reading poem together. Just to check if I didn't miss any snippets ;)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_077_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 3:52 min.

When this is all good, you can mark it PL ok in the MW. I deleted the parts for the readers now.

I also started assembling The Mowers (section 68) because all the readers' parts are complete already. I also PLed Craig's lines there and they are PL ok.

Thank you

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: August 17th, 2020, 8:06 am thank you Adam

and April, I already assembled Section 77 together. I PLed Craig's role at the same time, so you don't have to do that for this section. Craig: wonderful readings both as the pensioner and Farmer Russet !! I missed your voice in this project ! :9:

Now you can PL the final assembled file and listen to the whole dramatic reading poem together. Just to check if I didn't miss any snippets ;)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_077_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 3:52 min.

When this is all good, you can mark it PL ok in the MW. I deleted the parts for the readers now.

I also started assembling The Mowers (section 68) because all the readers' parts are complete already. I also PLed Craig's lines there and they are PL ok.

Thank you

Sonia
Sweet, I did just listen and mark it in the mw as pl okay.
Not being aware of the possibility of listening to the whole section, as in 77, as opposed to pling roles even if not all had been posted for a section I will post which roles I pled earlier today:

Section 108-
*Sonia as the narrator 2:47 pl okay
*Adam as the mate 0:25 seconds pl okay
*awaiting Jason as the captain, for this section.

section 107-
*Adam as narrator 6:22 please delete unnecessary words, "in the faith" @ 6 minutes and 6 1/2 seconds
*Sonia as privateteersman 0:23 seconds pl okay
*Adrian as the English admiral 0:23 seconds pl okay
*Kate as the dying salior 0:15 seconds pl okay
*awaiting Jason as the Yankee & Tomas as the Portuguese, for this section.

Section 105-
*Kate as the narrator 5:0 minutes pl okay"
*Adrian as lord Douglas 4:35, please change the words as 37.0 seconds from "I dreamed a dreamy dream" to as the text shows " I dreamed a dreary dream". After that change has been done it will be pl okay.
*Tomas the pilgrim is out still
*Adam as Simon the Lee 0:32 seconds pl okay
*Jason as the King is also not posted yet.

I do think I will await all roles to be posted prior to pling as I liked that option the best of the 2 I mentioned at the beginning of this message.

Wonderful readings overall and great drive for the readers to embrace the various voices. :9:
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: August 17th, 2020, 12:09 pmNot being aware of the possibility of listening to the whole section, as in 77, as opposed to pling roles even if not all had been posted for a section I will post which roles I pled earlier today:
I do think I will await all roles to be posted prior to pling as I liked that option the best of the 2 I mentioned at the beginning of this message.
no actually it's better if you PL the parts as soon as they come in, because then we can catch the errors earlier if there are any and we don't have to wait until all the roles are in. This is how it is done in the stage plays as well. We PL the parts and then in the end we also PL the final edited whole.

I only offered to PL the LAST part now in this poem, because then I could edit it all together already. With the last part, that can be easily done, but when more parts are still missing, it is helpful to PL earlier.

I will update the MW with your comments, thanks, April. You're a big help here. :9:

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Had a productive day with this project! My roles for sections 3, 56, 63 and 81 are in and can be PLed by April. Or, if Kate and Sonia prefer, they can PL my files while editing the DRs (only 81 cannot be edited yet because of Jason's PL notes).

I also recorded my roles for 79, 80 and 82, but edited them together already so they only need to be PLed once. 76 has also (finally) been edited.
Tomas Peter
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: August 17th, 2020, 1:05 pm
adr6090 wrote: August 17th, 2020, 12:09 pmNot being aware of the possibility of listening to the whole section, as in 77, as opposed to pling roles even if not all had been posted for a section I will post which roles I pled earlier today:
no actually it's better if you PL the parts as soon as they come in, because then we can catch the errors earlier if there are any and we don't have to wait until all the roles are in. This is how it is done in the stage plays as well. We PL the parts and then in the end we also PL the final edited whole.

I only offered to PL the LAST part now in this poem, because then I could edit it all together already. With the last part, that can be easily done, but when more parts are still missing, it is helpful to PL earlier.

I will update the MW with your comments, thanks, April. You're a big help here. :9:

Sonia
Sonia,
I will continue to pl as you have mentioned, by roles. It does make sense to catch the errors, should there be any errors, early.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: August 17th, 2020, 2:39 pmOr, if Kate and Sonia prefer, they can PL my files while editing the DRs (only 81 cannot be edited yet because of Jason's PL notes).

I also recorded my roles for 79, 80 and 82, but edited them together already so they only need to be PLed once. 76 has also (finally) been edited.
super, thank you Tomas. Yes I went ahead and PLed the narration for Chattahoochee and it's perfectly PL ok. So I edited it together right away and April can check the finished poem.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_063_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 3:11 min.

I marked 2 more poems as READY TO EDIT in the MW, both were claimed by Kathy, so I hope she is still around to to them.

Sonia
KateG

Post by KateG »

Kitty wrote: August 18th, 2020, 2:07 am
I marked 2 more poems as READY TO EDIT in the MW, both were claimed by Kathy, so I hope she is still around to to them.
Of course I am! :clap: I plan on editing them this evening and I can also PL Tomas' parts, if April hasn't done so by then.

Quick update: The red font of The Deserted Village and Cleopatra's Agrippa are both perfectly PL OK :thumbs:
Last edited by KateG on August 18th, 2020, 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reader's Page 13871

cc welcome!

"You're evil, you know that?", I said. She grinned and shook her head: "Chaotic neutral, sugar"
(Ernest Cline - Ready Player One)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here are also the Mowers, ready to PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_068_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 6:33 min.

we all sound great !

Sonia
KateG

Post by KateG »

And here come two more beauties :9:

Cleopatra:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_003_various_128kb.mp3
Track Lenght: 3:07

The Deserted Village:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_056_various_128kb.mp3
Track Lenght: 26:26

April, I hope you enjoy them as much as I did! :mrgreen:
Reader's Page 13871

cc welcome!

"You're evil, you know that?", I said. She grinned and shook her head: "Chaotic neutral, sugar"
(Ernest Cline - Ready Player One)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KateG wrote: August 18th, 2020, 8:50 am And here come two more beauties :9:
thank you, Kate, that was fast. I will put them in the MW for review :)

and wow the deserted village is long :shock:

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Sonia,
Here are my dpls for the day.

section 03 Cleopatra pl okay 3:07 this one I marked pl okay

These I left and presume you will mark these:
section 81; Tomas as Vafrine 0:15 seconds, pl okay
section 85; Craig as Narrator 2:33, pl okay
section 90; Craig as Joris 0:36 seconds, pl okay
section 91; Adam as King Arthur 6:37 , pl okay

Well read!
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Sonia,
Here are a few more for you to mark as pl okay in the mw:
section 73- Craig as Thor, 0:53 seconds pl okay
section 74- Adam as Aganyr, 1:4 pl okay
section 86- Adam as King Francis, 1:50 pl okay

Yes, applause to the readers as they are great!! :clap:
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, April, you were really busy.

I wanted to mark the roles PL ok, but someone (I suppose Tomas) already did it for me.

@Tomas: could you please always make some sort of acknowledgement in the thread when you change something ? Then I don't start preparing everything just to notice in the end it has been done already. Thanks, that would be helpful for me.

Sonia