COMPLETE [Weekly Poetry] Sonnet 38 from The Growth of Love by Robert Bridges - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Thanks Amie

Reading is PL OK. :thumbs:

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by AmieT22 »

Algy Pug wrote: August 15th, 2020, 9:00 pm Thanks Amie

Reading is PL OK. :thumbs:

Cheers
[/quote
:) TQSM can I know how do I know who Listens to my recording and what does PL mean ? sorry but I don't know
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Hi Amie

PL (proof listening) OK means that some one has listened your recording and and passed it as being correct.

For projects like this the proof listener is usually the book co-ordinator (BC) who is the person who has proposed the project - in this case it is me.

For other projects often a dedicated proof listener (DPL) checks the recordings.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by bobmuir3 »

thank you very much - still getting a handle on everything.
bob
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

This project is now closed.
Thanks to Algy for BCing this Weekly Poem and a big Thank You to all readers this week. :clap:

This project is now complete!
All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
https://librivox.org/sonnet-38-from-the-growth-of-love-by-robert-bridges/
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
AmieT22

Post by AmieT22 »

Algy Pug wrote: August 16th, 2020, 3:40 am Hi Amie

PL (proof listening) OK means that some one has listened your recording and and passed it as being correct.

For projects like this the proof listener is usually the book co-ordinator (BC) who is the person who has proposed the project - in this case it is me.

For other projects often a dedicated proof listener (DPL) checks the recordings.

Cheers
TQSM !!!!
I would love to hear any comments on how I could improve more next time
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

AmieT22 wrote: August 16th, 2020, 6:45 am TQSM !!!!
I would love to hear any comments on how I could improve more next time
Hi Amie. MC (meta-coordinator) here, I've just finished cataloging Sonnet 38 and it is now in archive.org's er..archive.
One comment: I noticed that your file did not follow the filename format as set out in the opening post, IE: File name - all in lowercase: sonnet38_bridges_your initials_128kb.mp3 = [sonnet38_bridges_at_128kb]
*I changed your filename for cataloging puposes, so all is well. :wink:
**You can view your brand new LV Catalog page by clicking your forum name in the Magic Window.

ps... We don't usually comment on reading style, just technical stuff that would affect cataloging. I noticed that all your tech specs were good. :wink:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
eringrassie

Post by eringrassie »

hrrrmmm.. not sure if I'm too late

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/sonnet38_bridges_ekg_128kb.mp3

1:11

no worries if I am, it's always good practice!
And verily did the chains fall off all manner of things which sorely needed chaining.
I’m ->superpsyched<- for the opportunity to join this community, learn all I can and read all I can.
eringrassie

Post by eringrassie »

Oh, dang- just saw the closed post. Next time I'll check my time zones better. It's 9am here in Oakland. Enjoy your Ontario day!
And verily did the chains fall off all manner of things which sorely needed chaining.
I’m ->superpsyched<- for the opportunity to join this community, learn all I can and read all I can.
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

eringrassie wrote: August 16th, 2020, 9:08 am Oh, dang- just saw the closed post. Next time I'll check my time zones better. It's 9am here in Oakland. Enjoy your Ontario day!
You can, if you wish, post your reading to the latest Short Poetry Collection. :)
David Lawrence

eringrassie

Post by eringrassie »

aradlaw wrote: August 16th, 2020, 1:11 pm
eringrassie wrote: August 16th, 2020, 9:08 am Oh, dang- just saw the closed post. Next time I'll check my time zones better. It's 9am here in Oakland. Enjoy your Ontario day!
You can, if you wish, post your reading to the latest Short Poetry Collection. :)
Once I throw the outro on it, I'll repost it there, Thanks!