COMPLETE[PLAY]Andromache by Racine - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: August 12th, 2020, 4:20 am
ToddHW wrote: August 11th, 2020, 11:51 amActs 1 and 2 are ready for final PL. Great acting herein!
wow wow wow, yes all actors are worthy of the classic dramatic verses by Racine. :clap: Wonderful job, all of us !!! And great editing, Todd.

Both are definitely PL ok. In Act 1 in the voice credit, you did not cut out the "as" in "as read by" at 1:40. But it's optional and probably too picky. I leave it up to you if you want to go back and reupload.

Thanks

Sonia
I decided the "as" was okay.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

richardjaspering wrote: August 12th, 2020, 5:24 amAneurysm is right! Jeez-oh. lmao Please let me know if there's anything audio-wise I can fix on my end, I tried my best to fix any and all clipping. It was a little more difficult finding an aural happy medium than I'd imagined, given I was screaming my death throes! Thank you very much. :) Here's my final lines:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_orestes_5_128kbps.mp3
ok...this was an experience. Wow, seriously, you have to be careful for your voice and not overdo it. You were really into this blood-spilling here and the final craziness is excellently conveyed. :thumbs: For the sake of our audience's ears we need to decrease the volume in some parts quite a bit though :lol: I mean, it sounds great, wonderful acting and expressing, I was really fevering with Orestes here. But one can convey "screaming" also in a less loud voice ;) just the same way you can practice whispering and still be audible. It comes with practice. I always watch the Audacity waves move while I record, and then I immediately see if the waves get too high or stay too low. In order to amplify the whole file later on, it's helpful to have about the same volume throughout. Otherwise you need to highlight each speech manually and adjust the volume.

Nevertheless, I loved it. And thank your for the fast turn-around.

However you're not done yet ;) here are my correction notes (again please only insert the missed line, don't re-record it all again ! you can hardly top this performance)

for Act 4:

> from 0:01 to 2:45: this all belongs to Act 4, can you cut this out from this file and upload it in a separate file please ? We need a file for each act

> at 0:06: (p. 168) missed line: "have you indeed wish'd me to come to you ?"

> the audio is indeed very low in the beginning, I would amplify the parts that are very low with 10 dB. Some are very loud, that's why Audacity didn't let you amplify the low parts as much as is necessary. In that case you need to highlight the bits manually and amplify speech by speech

for Act 5:

> at 7:20 (different time-stamp after you cut out act 4) : (p. 184) missed line: "let me behold them as they both expire"

thank you, and I definitely hope to hear you in other plays soon !

Sonia
richardjaspering

Post by richardjaspering »

Okay, here should be act IV (00:01 to 2:45 mark)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_orestes_4_128kbps.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

richardjaspering wrote: August 12th, 2020, 6:02 amOkay, here should be act IV (00:01 to 2:45 mark)
the one line is still missing that I mentioned in my notes:

> at 0:06: (p. 168) missed line: "have you indeed wish'd me to come to you ?"

Sonia
richardjaspering

I'll fix it! :)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 3 is ready for final PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: August 12th, 2020, 3:57 pmAct 3 is ready for final PL.
big emotions ! Awesomely done by all of us :9: I really love this play. Wonderful editing job again, Todd, absolutely PL ok.

Thank you

Sonia
richardjaspering

Okay, here are the lines fixed! I hope everyone is well and I'm really glad this is coming together. Thank you, and please let me know if there are any issues with the audio quality or with anything else related to the uploads.

richardjaspering

Okay, sorry, I'm having a slight difficulty with uploading what I wanted. What was uploaded didn't contain the fixed lines, for some reason. I'll keep trying.
richardjaspering

Ah, here it is. lol I'm so sorry for the confusion.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

richardjaspering wrote: August 17th, 2020, 12:36 amOkay, here are the lines fixed! I hope everyone is well and I'm really glad this is coming together. Thank you, and please let me know if there are any issues with the audio quality or with anything else related to the uploads.
thank you Richard, both lines perfectly inserted now and PL ok. :thumbs:

Act 4 is still a bit low on volume, but don't change anything now, Todd will adjust it in the editing phase.

For Act 5 you forgot to cut out the initial lines for Act 4 ;) and you amplified it so much that there was awful clipping. This doesn't sound good. It was Act 4 that needed to be amplified, not Act 5 ;) But I now went back and took the one missing line from your new file and pasted it in the old file, which we still had and quickly reuploaded. So Todd now has the unclipped version in the MW and all is well. :)

Todd: Acts 4 and 5 ready for the cutting floor. 8-)

Thank you

Sonia
richardjaspering

Oh thank goodness. lol Sorry for the clipping! Thanks.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Acts 4 and 5 now completely assembled. Not ready for PL yet

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Well, that is a bloodbath. Whew!

Ready for final PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: August 17th, 2020, 11:26 amWell, that is a bloodbath. Whew!
don't you just love Racine :9: huge emotions, carnage for love, hatred, duty, honour, vengeance. Ahhh, the good old days.

Ok, ok... I stop here. I only like to add: a wonderful performance by our entire cast. You brought the souls of the characters alive in your acting. :clap: And Todd, you did a great editing job, yet again.

Both acts PL ok. Another Racine is in the box.

And if we continue with this book, the next play will be totally different from this setting and a comedy for a change. Honestly, I never knew Racine wrote a comedy, and I am very curious whether he can pull that one as well. :lol: Did he try to please his rival Molière ?

Ah I see Todd launched it already: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=82077

Sonia