Complete - [TRIO]Consolation of Philosophy-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Also, MaryAnn, please note that I made a small change to the book description (conversational>dialogic). And that for some odd reason, as I just noticed, I added extra zeroes in the file names. :? Weird.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

mightyfelix wrote: August 10th, 2020, 6:03 pm I decided to split Books 3 and 4 after all. All remaining sections are uploading now. Leni, I realize this is a lot all at once. No pressure to do them all immediately, of course.

Here is the cast list:

Boethius, the Narrator: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8425">Larry Wilson</a><br>Philosophy: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/11084">Devorah Allen</a><br>Headings and Footnotes: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/13278">KevinS</a><br>
Oh wow! Well, I am on vacation this week :mrgreen: So I will probably get them done until the weekend. :thumbs:
Leni
=================
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Devorah. Catalog record updated with cast list and new summary.
MaryAnn
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Section 3, PL OK!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Section 4, PL OK.
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

And so is section 5.
Leni
=================
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks Leni! I hope you're enjoying it. :)
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

I quite enjoyed having the different parts read by different people - and a different voice for the footnotes was great! It made the text quite enjoyable. But it didn't change my opinion on the text, that Books 1 and 2 are the best. :mrgreen:

And I have always been deeply grateful that my teachers never gave me any of Book 5 to translate when I was a student, with the crazy difficult discussion on Free Will. I still find that mind-boggling. :shock: :lol:

Sections 6 and 7 are PL OK!
Leni
=================
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yes, Book 5 is certainly a workout for your brain! :lol:

Thanks so much! I'm really pleased with how this turned out. I felt that it was just begging for a DR version, and I think everyone did a great job. :9:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

All done? Wonderful!

Call on me again anytime you want someone to mispronounce 'Boethius'! I'm your man!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Leni wrote: August 15th, 2020, 2:17 pm I quite enjoyed having the different parts read by different people - and a different voice for the footnotes was great! It made the text quite enjoyable. But it didn't change my opinion on the text, that Books 1 and 2 are the best. :mrgreen:

And I have always been deeply grateful that my teachers never gave me any of Book 5 to translate when I was a student, with the crazy difficult discussion on Free Will. I still find that mind-boggling. :shock: :lol:

Sections 6 and 7 are PL OK!
Thanks for doing the PL work on this, Leni!
Well the theodicy is classic, and that mind boggling discussion of free will and providence is also still hotly debated and the open theism movement is giving it a new twist altogether.

Anyway, it was indeed a fun project, and another example of some of the great collaboration that takes place here on LibriVox.
Thank you Devorah for putting this together and adding your voice and editing skills, and Kevin, as professional as ever! Glad I could be a part of the team. :D
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-consolation-of-philosophy-by-anicius-manlius-severinus-boethius/
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

:clap: :9: :mrgreen: Thank you, MaryAnn! So excited for this!