[Complete] Myths and Legends Around the World - Collection 2 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
LCaulkins
Posts: 1999
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » July 10th, 2020, 11:02 am

danQ wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 5:51 pm
Hi!

My first recording I read How the Native Bear Lost His Tail - Australia by W.J. Thomas
Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mlaw002__nativebearlosthistail_thomas_dq_128kb.mp3
Duration: 4:15
Source: https://www.sacred-texts.com/aus/mla/mla21.htm (Had some trouble finding it on Gutenberg...)
Name to appear as: Daniel Q

Thanks!
Hi, Dan!

Welcome to LibriVox! I'm very happy to "meet" you. :)

Two things:


1. I'm hoping we can use this recording - LibriVox is constrained by some pretty strict Public Domain rules, and as our MC has noted, this source may not qualify for you to use.

Do you happen to be in the United States? If so, this is good to use. If not, we can't use this story unless you can find information on the author that shows the author's works are in the public domain where you are.

The whole Public Domain thing can be a pain, but it's a serious restriction that Librivox has to abide by. (I've reserved Section 11 for your use)


2. Have you done the 1-Minute Test yet? It's not actually a test or audition of any kind, but is solely meant to make sure your system is set properly before you do all the work of a real section.

Here is the link: 1-Minute Test (When you have the recording, post it on the Listeners & Editors Wanted board for it to be OK'd.)

That page contains a link for using Audacity, if that's the software you're recording with: Audacity 1-2-3

Each of these pages has specific step-by-step help for getting everything set up the way our files need to be done for the Archive. And if something is going whacky, Listeners & Editors is the board where folks will offer help. :)

Glad to have you with us!
~Lynette in Colorado, USA (Have had Covid for a week - can do PL, but recording is paused)
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

Layabanoor
Posts: 21
Joined: June 21st, 2020, 2:29 am

Post by Layabanoor » July 11th, 2020, 8:45 am

LCaulkins wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 10:49 am
Layabanoor wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 4:45 am
LOKI'S WOLF
From Legends of Norselands
EDITED BY : MARA L. PRATT
TEXT URL: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/48908/48908-h/48908-h.htm#ch15
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mlaw002_lokiswolf_ln_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 7:37

RECORDED BY: Layabanoor
Hi, Layabanoor :)

Two things need to be edited for this file before LibriVox can use it:

PL NOTES:

1 - There needs to be 5 seconds of silence at the end and there is only about 1. Can you add silence there?
2 - After that, when you re-export the file, the bit rate needs to be changed to 128 (it is 56 right now). When the Export to mp3 window opens, at the bottom there is a "Format Options" box. In there, change the Quality line to 128. Then finish the export, and it should be fixed. :)

Thank you :)
I hope it meets the requirement now..
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mlaw002_lokiswolf_ln_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 7:40

LCaulkins
Posts: 1999
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » July 12th, 2020, 3:12 pm

Layabanoor wrote:
July 11th, 2020, 8:45 am


I hope it meets the requirement now..
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mlaw002_lokiswolf_ln_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 7:40
This is just right now. :) Thank you so much for the contribution!
~Lynette in Colorado, USA (Have had Covid for a week - can do PL, but recording is paused)
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

Layabanoor
Posts: 21
Joined: June 21st, 2020, 2:29 am

Post by Layabanoor » July 12th, 2020, 9:52 pm

LCaulkins wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 3:12 pm
Layabanoor wrote:
July 11th, 2020, 8:45 am


I hope it meets the requirement now..
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mlaw002_lokiswolf_ln_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 7:40
This is just right now. :) Thank you so much for the contribution!
Pleasure is all mine

CaptPerfectHair
Posts: 32
Joined: August 4th, 2020, 8:25 am
Location: United States

Post by CaptPerfectHair » August 11th, 2020, 10:05 am

Hi!
If I’m reading correctly that there is still an opening for this collection, I would like to read “The Ogre of Rashomon,” from “Japanese Fairy Tales,” by Yei Theodora Ozaki: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4018
Lydia R.

"Every journalist has a novel in him, which is an excellent place for it."
-Russell Lynes

LCaulkins
Posts: 1999
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » August 11th, 2020, 11:10 am

CaptPerfectHair wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 10:05 am
Hi!
If I’m reading correctly that there is still an opening for this collection, I would like to read “The Ogre of Rashomon,” from “Japanese Fairy Tales,” by Yei Theodora Ozaki: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4018
Yes! Thank you very much - Section 12 is yours. :)

Hey, I see we need to get your Catalog reader page created. What name would you like to be used there? It is what the public will see when they look at Audiobooks. Many people use their real name, others use their forum name (the one you're posting with), and other create a different psuedonym. We can also link to a web page if you have one of your own you'd like to attach there.
Last edited by LCaulkins on August 11th, 2020, 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
~Lynette in Colorado, USA (Have had Covid for a week - can do PL, but recording is paused)
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

CaptPerfectHair
Posts: 32
Joined: August 4th, 2020, 8:25 am
Location: United States

Post by CaptPerfectHair » August 11th, 2020, 11:11 am

LCaulkins wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 11:10 am
CaptPerfectHair wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 10:05 am
Hi!
If I’m reading correctly that there is still an opening for this collection, I would like to read “The Ogre of Rashomon,” from “Japanese Fairy Tales,” by Yei Theodora Ozaki: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4018
Yes! Thank you very much - Section 12 is yours. :)
Perfect, thank you!
Lydia R.

"Every journalist has a novel in him, which is an excellent place for it."
-Russell Lynes

LCaulkins
Posts: 1999
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » August 11th, 2020, 11:17 am

CaptPerfectHair wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 11:11 am
LCaulkins wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 11:10 am
CaptPerfectHair wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 10:05 am
Hi!
If I’m reading correctly that there is still an opening for this collection, I would like to read “The Ogre of Rashomon,” from “Japanese Fairy Tales,” by Yei Theodora Ozaki: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4018
Yes! Thank you very much - Section 12 is yours. :)
Perfect, thank you!
Just copy/pasting my P.S. - didn't realize you were signed in also right now. ;D

Hey, I see we need to get your Catalog reader page created. What name would you like to be used there? It is what the public will see when they look at Audiobooks. Many people use their real name, others use their forum name (the one you're posting with), and other create a different psuedonym. We can also link to a web page if you have one of your own you'd like to attach there.
~Lynette in Colorado, USA (Have had Covid for a week - can do PL, but recording is paused)
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

CaptPerfectHair
Posts: 32
Joined: August 4th, 2020, 8:25 am
Location: United States

Post by CaptPerfectHair » August 11th, 2020, 11:19 am

LCaulkins wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 11:17 am
CaptPerfectHair wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 11:11 am
LCaulkins wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 11:10 am


Yes! Thank you very much - Section 12 is yours. :)
Perfect, thank you!
Just copy/pasting my P.S. - didn't realize you were signed in also right now. ;D

Hey, I see we need to get your Catalog reader page created. What name would you like to be used there? It is what the public will see when they look at Audiobooks. Many people use their real name, others use their forum name (the one you're posting with), and other create a different psuedonym. We can also link to a web page if you have one of your own you'd like to attach there.
I’ll pass on listing a website. For my name, I’ll just use my real name, which is Lydia Rebehn.
Thanks again!
Lydia R.

"Every journalist has a novel in him, which is an excellent place for it."
-Russell Lynes

LCaulkins
Posts: 1999
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » August 11th, 2020, 11:36 am

CaptPerfectHair wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 11:19 am

I’ll pass on listing a website. For my name, I’ll just use my real name, which is Lydia Rebehn.
Thanks again!
There you are! This is your personal Reader Page Lydia Rebehn

It will list all the projects, both complete and in-progress, that you are connected to.

You'll also find a link there to lists of any sections you're signed up for, either for recording or proof-listening. Quite handy!

Welcome to LibriVox - we're happy to have you. :D
~Lynette in Colorado, USA (Have had Covid for a week - can do PL, but recording is paused)
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

CaptPerfectHair
Posts: 32
Joined: August 4th, 2020, 8:25 am
Location: United States

Post by CaptPerfectHair » August 11th, 2020, 9:06 pm

Here is my section.

I did go ahead and run it through the checker program and the tech specs were good. Hopefully the recording itself is as well.

Please let me know if I forgot anything, or named anything incorrectly. I'm a complete novice at this process!

Thanks!

Title of the work: The Ogre of Rashomon
Author of the work: Yei Theodora Ozaki
Source: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4018
Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mlaw002_ogrerashomon_ozaki_lr_128kb.mp3
Length: 13:47
Lydia R.

"Every journalist has a novel in him, which is an excellent place for it."
-Russell Lynes

LCaulkins
Posts: 1999
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » August 12th, 2020, 8:05 am

I am releasing Section 7 (and reorganizing the MW), because the reader has not been active since requesting it more than 2 months ago. Sent a nice PM first inviting them to participate in the next collection if they return and still wish to read their requested story. :)
~Lynette in Colorado, USA (Have had Covid for a week - can do PL, but recording is paused)
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

LCaulkins
Posts: 1999
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » August 12th, 2020, 8:48 am

CaptPerfectHair wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 9:06 pm
Here is my section.

I did go ahead and run it through the checker program and the tech specs were good. Hopefully the recording itself is as well.

Please let me know if I forgot anything, or named anything incorrectly. I'm a complete novice at this process!

Thanks!

Title of the work: The Ogre of Rashomon
Author of the work: Yei Theodora Ozaki
Source: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4018
Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mlaw002_ogrerashomon_ozaki_lr_128kb.mp3
Length: 13:47
Hey, thanks for using Checker. :) And you've done a really wonderful job with your first submission - on an atypical project, even! As you said, technical specs are all great. Your pacing is absolutely fine (most of us read too fast at first), your diction is clear, and fun voices, even, for the characters. :clap: The Ogre of Rashomon is PL OK. :thumbs:

Have you found the area on the boards for doing Dramatic Reads or Plays? You might really enjoy doing roles over there - seems like you'd be perfect for voice acting.

In any case - great to have you here at LibriVox! Hope to run into you here and there.
~Lynette in Colorado, USA (Have had Covid for a week - can do PL, but recording is paused)
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

CaptPerfectHair
Posts: 32
Joined: August 4th, 2020, 8:25 am
Location: United States

Post by CaptPerfectHair » August 12th, 2020, 12:14 pm

LCaulkins wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 8:48 am
CaptPerfectHair wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 9:06 pm
Here is my section.

I did go ahead and run it through the checker program and the tech specs were good. Hopefully the recording itself is as well.

Please let me know if I forgot anything, or named anything incorrectly. I'm a complete novice at this process!

Thanks!

Title of the work: The Ogre of Rashomon
Author of the work: Yei Theodora Ozaki
Source: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4018
Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mlaw002_ogrerashomon_ozaki_lr_128kb.mp3
Length: 13:47
Hey, thanks for using Checker. :) And you've done a really wonderful job with your first submission - on an atypical project, even! As you said, technical specs are all great. Your pacing is absolutely fine (most of us read too fast at first), your diction is clear, and fun voices, even, for the characters. :clap: The Ogre of Rashomon is PL OK. :thumbs:

Have you found the area on the boards for doing Dramatic Reads or Plays? You might really enjoy doing roles over there - seems like you'd be perfect for voice acting.

In any case - great to have you here at LibriVox! Hope to run into you here and there.
Thank you, that’s a relief! As a librarian I do a lot of reading aloud to adults and kids, so I wasn’t too worried about narrating, but I was sure I was going to mess something up with the intro and outro! (or mess up the file name!)

I’m going to try my hand at solo reading a book, but I’ll definitely keep some of those other projects in mind as well.
Lydia R.

"Every journalist has a novel in him, which is an excellent place for it."
-Russell Lynes

alixsquish
Posts: 71
Joined: August 11th, 2020, 8:31 am
Location: North East England

Post by alixsquish » August 18th, 2020, 1:02 pm

Hey! Are you still after a number 12?

If so I'd be interested contributing The Worm of Lambton from this: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/47408

It's a tale from my neck of the woods.

Thanks!
Suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.
Jake the dog

Post Reply