FULL [Play] The Young Idea by Noel Coward - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I hope I got all of the Huddle's lines. There are several times, it seems, that comes in and goes out without saying anything.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_huddle_1_128kb.mp3
~ Larry
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

silverquill wrote: July 27th, 2020, 9:20 am I hope I got all of the Huddle's lines. There are several times, it seems, that comes in and goes out without saying anything.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_huddle_1_128kb.mp3
Great job with Huddle! :D Missed a few lines, but understandably because he comes in and out a ton without saying anything and mainly has lines on the first and last pages of the act!

(p.24 of the script, in the middle of the page) Three lines, "Huddle, miss", "Three years, sir" and "Yes, thank you, miss".
A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
superk

Post by superk »

ToddHW wrote: July 25th, 2020, 2:14 pm
Ambsweet13 wrote: July 25th, 2020, 8:40 am
superk wrote: July 24th, 2020, 9:19 pm Ok, so I re-PL’d the stage directions for Act 2 and 3 while reading from the source text.

7:13 “Both shake [her] hands.” You’re missing the her. It’s a bit of a nitpick but I believe it changes the intended meaning of the stage direction.

9:56 You missed the direction “Bus.”

Act 3

6:05 Again with the unintelligible “a little breathlessly.” I could understand it with the text beside me but I just couldn’t the first time without the text. It might just be me, but I would recommend doing it slower.

15:02 You missed a stage direction for “Bus” again.
The Buses aren’t nessacary, however I agree with superk about the other two notes so if you could fix those that would be great!
Both Acts 2 and 3 directions fixed and uploaded for spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
Both of those sound good!
superk

Post by superk »

Ok, get ready for PL madness. I’ll be back next Friday to do any spot PL and new PL’s. Also, I apologize in advance to whoever read for George Brent.

Sholto Act 1

- This has nothing to do with the reading but I noticed that around page 22 of the source text there are duplicates of pages 22 and 23. This didn’t seem to phase your reading but it’s something for other readers and PL people to look out for.

- 4:55 “So that we can get [all] along all right in the groove.” You added an extra all to the line. i don’t believe it changes the intended meaning of the line but it’s worth noting if you want to change it.
-5:05 You missed a line. “Have you been here long?”

Huddle Act 1

- This is only a 40-second recording, but you didn’t say the thing at the start that goes “This recording is in the public domain” and stuff like that. Does this matter since it’s such a short file? Other than that it sounds great. I believe this missing dialogue also goes for Sholto and George so I’m assuming it doesn’t matter.

George Brent Act 2 (sorry)

- 0:00 Your intro audio has a lot of background noise, this goes for your Act 3 reading as well. The lines themselves are fine. Is this something that needs to be fixed?
- 0:03 You missed a line. “What are you all laughing at?”
- 0:15 “Why not dance in there? The floor’s ever so [much] better.” You missed the “much.” It doesn't change the context so not a big deal to me.
- 0:25 You missed a line. “What’s the matter, Sholto? Got a headache?”
- 6:10 “I don’t [quite] know.” You missed the “quite.” See my notes at 0:15
- 7:39 “Oh, this is [all] so stupid and useless!” See 0:15 and 6:10
- 9:40 You read your last line and then stopped with 3 seconds of silence. Are you supposed to indicate the end of the reading or no? You also do this in Act 3.

George Brent Act 3

- 0:00 You missed all of the lines before page 61 of Act 3. You start with the line “Jennifer!” On page 61, which is about 3 pages after your first line in Act 3.
- 0:16 You missed a line. “Why should I be ashamed just because I love you still?”
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Ambsweet13 wrote: July 18th, 2020, 1:02 pm
Thank you for your sections!
Act 1 is PL-OK

For, Act 2; your voice credit has background noise in all three of your submissions. Can you please record it again, here, without the noise? The rest of you reading was very clear and free of noise.

Missed the first line, "What are you all laughing at?"

Another missed line, "Whats the matter Sholto? Got a headache?" (please insert it around 0:27)

For, Act 3
You missed the first few of George's lines. They were kind of hard to find because he entered so late in the act, so no worries, but George enters on p.58 in the script for this act, his first line is "Oh, Sholto, Gerda- have you-" and keep reading the lines until his line "Jennifer, come back" p.60.

One more missed line, "Why should I be ashamed just because I love you still?" (please insert it around 0:18)
Bumping my PL notes because it seems superk PLed the same sections and I want to compare them

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Ambsweet13 wrote: July 21st, 2020, 12:26 pm
Bucksaw wrote: July 18th, 2020, 8:29 am https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_Sholto_1_128kb.mp3

Here's Act 1 up for Sholto. I'll have the next 2 Acts up over the course of this week.

- Buck
Great job with Act 1. Looking forward to hearing the other two acts!

Just one note, at 5:06, you missed two lines "Have you been here long?" and "Yes, thank you, miss."

If you can add these into the recording, Act 1 will be all set.

Thanks! :D
Bumping my PL notes so I can compare them to superk's

ladyrprter

Post by ladyrprter »

Here is the link to Sibyl Blaith's part in act 1.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/Young_Idea_Sibyl_Blaith_Act_1.mp3

Jody Lebel aka ladyrprter
ladyrprter

Post by ladyrprter »

Here is Sibyl Blaith's part act 2

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/Young_Idea_Sibyl_Blaith_Act_2.mp3

superk

Post by superk »

ladyrprter wrote: July 31st, 2020, 2:47 pm Here is Sibyl Blaith's part act 2

Act 1 and Act 2 are both PL OK, except for one minor thing. The Act 2 file has 15 seconds of silence at the start. I believe all the parts are getting spliced together or something so this doesn’t matter, right?
JtotheP716

Post by JtotheP716 »

JtotheP716

Post by JtotheP716 »

Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

superk wrote: August 7th, 2020, 7:57 pm
ladyrprter wrote: July 31st, 2020, 2:47 pm Here is Sibyl Blaith's part act 2

Act 1 and Act 2 are both PL OK, except for one minor thing. The Act 2 file has 15 seconds of silence at the start. I believe all the parts are getting spliced together or something so this doesn’t matter, right?
That is correct so both parts are PL OK

Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Orphaned Gerda because the reader was having difficulty accessing the text (pretty sure outside of the US and having public domain issues but never got confirmation) plus hasn't been active in a couple of months. Posting in orphaned sections now, given the rest of the play is claimed!

Manders375

Post by Manders375 »

Would I be able to read Gerda? I'm in the US. Thanks!
Amanda Mehl
"...a magnificent sulphurous conflagration of Promethean flames blazing in his little heart." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher