[COMPLETE] Selected Poems from Michelangelo Buonarroti - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

I uploaded, with a great emotion, since is my first attempt in this fascinating project:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/selectedpoems_003_buonarroti_128kb.mp3
(1:24m)
I hope I understood well what I had to do and I am ready and willing to do any required amendment.
Pier
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Iunta4Ios wrote: August 7th, 2020, 8:31 am I uploaded, with a great emotion, since is my first attempt in this fascinating project:
(1:24m)
I hope I understood well what I had to do and I am ready and willing to do any required amendment.
Pier
Thank you, Pier, for our first Italian recording in this project! :)

I took a quick listen to make sure we're all on the same page about the intro format. For the poems we'll be using a special, shorter form of intro that's commonly used for short poetry at LV. You can see the format we have in mind further below in the first post, where it says "For the second and subsequent sections". The intros will be entirely in Italian and consist of the poem's title, followed by "di Michelangelo Buonarroti". The title will be the first line of the poems, except for this section and the next one (epitaffi), where the title will be as shown in the MW. So, in this case, you should say "Epigrammi di Michelangelo Buonarroti", and then proceed to read the Italian text (including the Italian description you read for the first quatrain).

Please change the intro and reupload the section. :)

Michael
P.S. I wish I could pronounce Italian as beautifully as you!
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Thanks Michael,
..And I certainly wish I could speak English so well as you and Kevin!
I will adjust everything asap, but probably only on Sunday, since tomorrow I will be away.
Pier
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Iunta4Ios wrote: August 7th, 2020, 9:45 am Thanks Michael,
..And I certainly wish I could speak English so well as you and Kevin!
I will adjust everything asap, but probably only on Sunday, since tomorrow I will be away.
Pier
Thanks, no rush! Continuing the clarification of format, there's no need to say "end of section" at the end in the Italian portion, since it will be followed directly by the English portion, but please leave 5 seconds of silence at the end. The silence at the end may be helpful for final editing, and the Checker program uses it to measure the level of noise.

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

I've picked a few sonnets I'd like to do next. Sonnet XXV (section 29) is a dialogue. Pier & Kevin, would you like to make it another 3-voice affair? I don't think my voice is mellifluous enough to be Love, so I'd like to do the part of the poet. ;)

Michael
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kazbek wrote: August 7th, 2020, 8:08 pm I've picked a few sonnets I'd like to do next. Sonnet XXV (section 29) is a dialogue. Pier & Kevin, would you like to make it another 3-voice affair? I don't think my voice is mellifluous enough to be Love, so I'd like to do the part of the poet. ;)

Michael
Always a surprise comes with these poems. I will try to be 'Love.'

Your Italian original will match the English translation then?
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

KevinS wrote: August 7th, 2020, 8:26 pm Your Italian original will match the English translation then?
Well, at least as far as line count goes. :)

Michael
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

KevinS wrote: August 7th, 2020, 8:41 pm Is this what you have in mind for my part?

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/selectedpoems_200_buonarroti_128kb.mp3
Yep. Did you say "sonnet, a dialogue?" I found that a bit confusing. Why not use our standard format "Translation by"?

Michael
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kazbek wrote: August 7th, 2020, 8:49 pm
KevinS wrote: August 7th, 2020, 8:41 pm Is this what you have in mind for my part?

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/selectedpoems_200_buonarroti_128kb.mp3
Yep. Did you say "sonnet, a dialogue?" I found that a bit confusing. Why not use our standard format "Translation by"?

Michael
I can always eliminate that. I thought it might help the English speaker understand what was going on.
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Finally I had some time today to revise sec. 3: Here is the result:
(053 m)
I hpe this time is better.
Pier
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Iunta4Ios wrote: August 8th, 2020, 3:10 am Finally I had some time today to revise sec. 3: Here is the result:
(053 m)
I hpe this time is better.
Pier
Thank you, Pier! The format is good, and the track is ready for PL.

Would you like to read the part of Love in the sonnet we're discussing with Kevin (XXV)?

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

KevinS wrote: August 7th, 2020, 8:58 pm I can always eliminate that. I thought it might help the English speaker understand what was going on.
It might. I figured, if the listener hears two different voices read the Italian original, they would already be prepared to hear a dialogue in the translation. I found the phrase somehow unexpected and wasn't sure it's what you said. It's your call, and perhaps Emanuela will have additional input after she hears the assembled version.

Michael
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Kazbek wrote: August 8th, 2020, 4:00 am ....................

Would you like to read the part of Love in the sonnet we're discussing with Kevin (XXV)?

Michael
If I understand well, I should read:

“La beltà che tu vedi e ben da quella
Ma crescie poi ch' a miglior loco sale,
Se per gli occhi mortali all' alma corre.
Quivi si fa divina, onesta e bella,
Com' a sé simil vuol cosa immortale
Questa, e non quella, a gli occhi tuo' precorre.”

I am not sure my voice can be mellifluous enough! :lol:
But I can certainly try. :D
How do I upload the recorded part (some introduction or none at all…)?
Pier