COMPLETE[PLAY]Andromache by Racine - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Alan. In this last scene Pylades is so insistingly dutiful to save Orestes, I love the effort you put in there. :thumbs: Very well done, and PL ok. That concludes Pylades for this play.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
richardjaspering

Post by richardjaspering »

Okay, thank you! I'll just go back and fix the old one! xD
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

richardjaspering wrote: August 5th, 2020, 11:18 am Okay, thank you! I'll just go back and fix the old one! xD
you can simply copy/paste the corrected sentence into your old file. It's quite easily done :) thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and thank you Hanna, Cephissa is now totally PL ok :clap: your final sigh "alas" was so heartbreaking :( quite a dramatic ending.

Another role in the box, yay.

Sonia
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

Kitty wrote: August 6th, 2020, 5:46 am
and thank you Hanna, Cephissa is now totally PL ok :clap: your final sigh "alas" was so heartbreaking :( quite a dramatic ending.

Another role in the box, yay.

Sonia
Thank you, Sonia!
I was worried about "alas" because I listened it together with your words after it and thought "alas" was not becoming)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: August 6th, 2020, 7:14 amI was worried about "alas" because I listened it together with your words after it and thought "alas" was not becoming)
no, she says it after Andromache kinda hints that she would die soon, so "alas" is quite an appropriate answer. At least in Racine's mind. :mrgreen: Nowadays we probably would say a bit more after such an announcement.

Sonia
HannaPonomarenko

Kitty wrote: August 6th, 2020, 9:13 am
HannaPonomarenko wrote: August 6th, 2020, 7:14 amI was worried about "alas" because I listened it together with your words after it and thought "alas" was not becoming)
no, she says it after Andromache kinda hints that she would die soon, so "alas" is quite an appropriate answer. At least in Racine's mind. :mrgreen: Nowadays we probably would say a bit more after such an announcement.

Sonia
:D I like you humor) I tried to convey a regret of this sad piece of news that you dear friend decided to die.
My worries were related to the rate: my "alas" is very slow comparing to Andromache's speach. I should have listened to it first. Will the rate become more even after editing?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: August 6th, 2020, 11:28 amMy worries were related to the rate: my "alas" is very slow comparing to Andromache's speach. I should have listened to it first. Will the rate become more even after editing?
not sure what you mean by "rate" :hmm: I don't mind if your cadence is slower than mine. Each temperament is different and some parts also ask for more speed than others. I think it will sound great later on. I often marvel how the assembled piece sounds so much better than each of us alone. You'll see when you hear the finished play. ;)

Sonia
HannaPonomarenko

Kitty wrote: August 6th, 2020, 1:14 pm
HannaPonomarenko wrote: August 6th, 2020, 11:28 amMy worries were related to the rate: my "alas" is very slow comparing to Andromache's speach. I should have listened to it first. Will the rate become more even after editing?
not sure what you mean by "rate" :hmm: I don't mind if your cadence is slower than mine. Each temperament is different and some parts also ask for more speed than others. I think it will sound great later on. I often marvel how the assembled piece sounds so much better than each of us alone. You'll see when you hear the finished play. ;)

Sonia
Thank you for the explanation) I'm looking forwart to hearing the finished play) :)
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
I have finally edited all the acts and uploaded them I'm sosoososososoososososoosososososoosososo sorry for delaying for so long.
Here's the links-
ACT 2- 8:06
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_hermoine_2_128kb.mp3
ACT 4- 9:59
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_hermione_4_128kb.mp3
ACT 5- 6:52
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_hermione_5_128kb.mp3

THANK YOU FOR BEING SO PATIENT WITH ME!!!
-SS
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

shreyasethi wrote: August 7th, 2020, 12:06 pmI have finally edited all the acts and uploaded them I'm sosoososososoososososoosososososoosososo sorry for delaying for so long.
you're doing fine, don't worry :) anyway, we still have to wait for our Orestes to come in, so there is still some time.

Act 5 is now PL ok

I have two small notes for Acts 2 and 4 still though:

Act 2:
> at 6:03: (p. 143) "whose worth I could not but esteem" - I hear that you re-did the sentence but I still hear "wrath", which is a totally different word.
"Worth" rhymes with "birth"

Act 4:
> at 5:45: (p. 172) "till he sees me again" - you forgot "again" - this may be optional, but the meaning is a bit different, so if you don't mind, you could correct that as well. The rest of the speech was excellent and insistent though :thumbs: well done

thanks

Sonia
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

Hi
Okay I get and apologise for how frustrating it must have been to work with me, I am so so sorry, I have been very irresponsible, I hope that this is for the last time that I send you the updated recordings. Thank you for being so very patient.
act 2-https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_hermoine_2_128kb.mp3
act4-https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_hermione_4_128kb.mp3
Thanks (and apologies)
-SS