Alaska checking in

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
SSDAK

Post by SSDAK »

I heard about Librivox on Public Radio, checked it out and have already recorded a poem. I have listened to audio books for years and always thought that it would be fun to read for one. So here I am. I'm slowly learning the ropes and should be up to speed soon. I hope to be able to contribute on a regular basis and learn lots from the veterans.
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Welcome! :)
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
vee

Post by vee »

Wow, you may be the first from the far reaches of the American continent. Good to have you here.

Since you seem to be navigating around, I was wondering how our wiki and other help resources have been. Is it easy to find what you need, or are we missing some important chunks.

Thanks!

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Actually I believe that kachemak is also an Alaskan. Don't worry though, SSDAK. We'll happily take as many Alaskans as we can get! :D

Welcome to LibriVox! It's great to have you here. It's always nice to hear a fresh voice in the mix!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
SSDAK

Post by SSDAK »

Thank you for your quick response to my introductory message. I have had a little trouble figuring out all of the details of posting audio to the site, but maybe it's just me. I'm taking notes and will offer suggestions for newcomers after I have spent some more time on the site and the forum.
Kachemak IS an Alaskan name. It's a bay on the southern coast of the state. I'm located up north around Fairbanks.
I just listened to my recording of the poem O Captain!, My Captain. It sounds great. Thank you LibraryLady for all of your help.
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

We don't actually post audio to the site. We post it either to our own websites, or using a large file transfer service such as http://yousendit.com/ and post the link to it here in the forum. Instructions for this, file-naming conventions, audio file specs, etc are generally in the first post of the thread.

With yousendit, we've discovered that the easiest way to handle this is to actually send it to yourself - then post the link in the forum.
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain