Dtcastid

Post by Dtcastid »

Dtcastid wrote: July 31st, 2020, 11:24 am
Dtcastid wrote: July 30th, 2020, 1:04 pm Hi Larry,
I would like to claim Chapter 2.
Thanks,
Diane
Hi Larry,
Quick question. I see from the window, you've given me chapter 2. In several parts of the chapter, words are in quotations to emphasize the word (not to reflect someone speaking). Shall I make voice emphases to reflect the quoted material? or should I read "to build his quote box unquote or more expensive quote frame unquote house." The latter seems a bit awkward, but I'm still fairly new and want to make sure I'm doing it as expected. I have typically changed voices for different characters in other readings.
Thanks for your help,
Diane
Hi Larry,
I finished Chapter 2. Here it is:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/twoyearsinoregon_02_nash_128kb.mp3, which runs at 22:22.
Thanks,
Diane
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

jennayoung wrote: July 31st, 2020, 10:21 am Hi, I would like to be posted as Jenna Young. Thanks
That's great!
I've assigned Chapter 4 to you.
Just click on your name in the Magic Window to view your catalog page. This is where you can track all of your LV projects, of which I hope there will be many.

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap:
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Dtcastid wrote: July 31st, 2020, 4:13 pm
Dtcastid wrote: July 30th, 2020, 1:04 pm Hi Larry,
I would like to claim Chapter 2.
Thanks,
Diane
Hi Larry,
Quick question. I see from the window, you've given me chapter 2. In several parts of the chapter, words are in quotations to emphasize the word (not to reflect someone speaking). Shall I make voice emphases to reflect the quoted material? or should I read "to build his quote box unquote or more expensive quote frame unquote house." The latter seems a bit awkward, but I'm still fairly new and want to make sure I'm doing it as expected. I have typically changed voices for different characters in other readings.
Thanks for your help,
Diane
Hi Larry,
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/twoyearsinoregon_02_nash_128kb.mp3, which runs at 22:22.
Thanks,
Diane
Sorry I couldn't give you a quicker response to your question. Took an overtime assignment today and then a family outing. Anyway, I hope you just used your voice to express the reading. Even when someone is speaking or being quoted, I usually don't say "quote" unless really necessary for clarity. Usually how one reads the passage conveys enough.

Anyway, Cheryl will be along to give you a proof listening report!
Thank you.
~ Larry
MarBoy

Post by MarBoy »

Hello Larry,

Section 3 (Chapter 3) is fine by me if it can be done.

Thank you.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

MarBoy wrote: July 31st, 2020, 8:28 pm Hello Larry,

Section 3 (Chapter 3) is fine by me if it can be done.

Thank you.
That is fine! I'll save this for you, but before I can make it official, I need to add you to the LibriVox catalog. How would you like to be listed -- real name, pseudonym or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of your LV work.

Welcome aboard!
~ Larry
MarBoy

Post by MarBoy »

COOL !!! Can't wait to jump into it and get goin' !!

Thank you Larry.

I would like to use my pseudo which is MarBoy please.

Once again, thank you.

MB
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

MarBoy wrote: July 31st, 2020, 9:10 pm COOL !!! Can't wait to jump into it and get goin' !!

Thank you Larry.

I would like to use my pseudo which is MarBoy please.

Once again, thank you.

MB
You're all set!
Just click on your name in the Magic Window to view your catalog page. This is where you can track all of your LV projects, of which I hope there will be many.

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap:
~ Larry
Dtcastid

Post by Dtcastid »

silverquill wrote: July 31st, 2020, 7:47 pm
Dtcastid wrote: July 31st, 2020, 4:13 pm

Hi Larry,
Thanks for your help,
Diane
Hi Larry,
Thanks,
Diane
Sorry I couldn't give you a quicker response to your question. Took an overtime assignment today and then a family outing. Anyway, I hope you just used your voice to express the reading. Even when someone is speaking or being quoted, I usually don't say "quote" unless really necessary for clarity. Usually how one reads the passage conveys enough.

Anyway, Cheryl will be along to give you a proof listening report!
Thank you.
Thanks for the response. I had time so went ahead and did it with just my voice. Seemed fine.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 2 PL OK
Diane - I was surprised to see this is your first recording for LV. Well done! I hope you do many more. :thumbs: Cheryl
Dtcastid

Post by Dtcastid »

Hi Larry,
I'd like to claim Chapter 8 Part I and Chapter 8 Part II.
Diane
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Dtcastid wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 2:48 pm Hi Larry,
I'd like to claim Chapter 8 Part I and Chapter 8 Part II.
Diane
Always best to claim by Section number. I've put you in for Sections 9 and 10.
Thank you so much for taking these!
~ Larry
Dtcastid

Post by Dtcastid »

cherylstewart wrote: August 1st, 2020, 12:22 pm Section 2 PL OK
Diane - I was surprised to see this is your first recording for LV. Well done! I hope you do many more. :thumbs: Cheryl
Hi Cheryl,
Thanks for your kind words. I’ve done a couple of chapters for children’s books and am hooked!
I’m sure I’ll be plenty more.
Diane
brian3553

Post by brian3553 »

I would like to read Section 5, Chapter 5. Assuming it's still available?

This is my first read for LibriVox.

Thanks,

Brian (brian3553)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

brian3553 wrote: August 5th, 2020, 5:41 pm I would like to read Section 5, Chapter 5. Assuming it's still available?

This is my first read for LibriVox.

Thanks,

Brian (brian3553)
I would be glad to have you join this project!
I will save this for you, but I need to know how to list you in the LV catalog - real name, pseudonym or any nick name you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of your LibriVox work.
~ Larry
brian3553

Post by brian3553 »

Thank you, Larry.

Can you just list me as Brian 3553?

Real name is Brian Smith.