Prueba de un minuto/ One minute Test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
BrendaZurita

Post by BrendaZurita » July 25th, 2020, 2:43 pm

Hola, soy Brenda y soy mexicana y nueva en LibriVox, recientemente me uní a un proyecto colaborativo como lectora y me recomendaron subir una prueba para asegurar que todo este bien. Lo grabé en Garage Band 6.0.5, tengo un micrófono de escritorio. Espero que me puedan dar el visto bueno para empezar a grabar el proyecto!
Les dejo el link: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/One_minute_Test_Librivox.mp3

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » July 26th, 2020, 12:24 pm

Bienvenida a Librivox, Brenda!

You have a lovely voice, and your recording setup is giving quite a good sound. My only comment is that the volume is somewhat loud. I am not familiar with GarageBand to advise you :oops: but perhaps you can do some de-amplification, of about 5 db?
I also can hear some faint background noise, but I think that with the decreased volume, the noise will also decrease.

The tech specs are correct though! :thumbs:

Would you upload a new file to check volume again? Thank you!

BrendaZurita

Post by BrendaZurita » July 28th, 2020, 2:34 pm

thanks a lot for your feedback! Yes! Here it is the track, i lowered 5 dB, (fun fact: the original track is 6 dB higher), I hope it's better now :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/One_minute_Test_Librivox_2.mp3

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » July 28th, 2020, 10:41 pm

Hi Brenda!
:hmm: This file has the same volume as the first, so I wonder if what you did affected only the play-back volume in GarageBand, rather that the actual volume of the file?
Or maybe I'm doing something wrong... But would you try again, please?

BrendaZurita

Post by BrendaZurita » July 30th, 2020, 4:29 pm

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » July 31st, 2020, 4:53 am

Nope. Same file/volume :hmm:
How about you do a completely new recording, maybe then any changes you made in the microphone's input volume will be applied.
Thank you for your patience!

BrendaZurita

Post by BrendaZurita » August 2nd, 2020, 2:21 pm

No worries!
I ended up recording in Premiere Pro instead, I think my Garage Band is damaged or something. I think this is better but please tell me if I need to correct something regarding the volume and/or the file info. :thumbs:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test.mp3

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » August 3rd, 2020, 10:37 am

Thanks! It is better, not by much, it is still a bit loud :mrgreen: but it's closer to target volume level. I think you can use either recording program, in combination with the Checker. The Checker will let you know the volume level of your recording, and you'll then be able to hopefully change the volume of your recording by amplifying/deamplifying in the program.

For example, this last test measures 93 dB in the Checker, target volume is 89dB. Would you be able to de-amplify the recording by 4dB either in GarageBand or in Premiere Pro? Try that to make sure it works, then you'll finally start having real fun! :mrgreen:

BrendaZurita

Post by BrendaZurita » August 3rd, 2020, 11:51 am

Oh The Checker! I completely forgot about it! That was the ultimate tool for me to know about the volume! Thanks a lot! I think this is finally it, according to the checker, this is exactly 89dB. Just give the thumbs up and off I go!!
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_3.mp3

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » August 3rd, 2020, 1:20 pm

Excellent! :thumbs: :thumbs:

BrendaZurita

Post by BrendaZurita » August 3rd, 2020, 1:21 pm

Thanks a lot for your patience and for helping me :D

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » August 3rd, 2020, 1:24 pm

I am happy we sorted it out! Looking forward to your recordings! :clap: Enjoy!