COMPLETE [SOLO] Thus Spake Zarathustra by Nietzsche-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

---deleted---
Last edited by jvanstan on August 6th, 2020, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Whoops, Gillian - I just tried to add you to the MW and it looks like it just became another post :hmm:

@Mary Ann - can you please add Gillian to the admin? :help:

Thanks and best!
John
brensink

Post by brensink »

John,

I very much enjoyed listening to your reading of this story! This is clearly not your first rodeo. With regards to PL I was able to listen to chapters 1-10, Part 1. On the level of "Standard" proof listening I did not find any errors worth mentioning. A few misplaced words in chapters 1 and 2..

Chapter 1 at 2:44 " ... no longer inclined to call Lord or God" should read "... no longer inclined to call Lord AND God."
Chapter 2 at 4:06 "...especially if one always GIVE into them" should read "...especially if one always GIVES into them."
Chapter 2 at 6:26 "... And verily, if life had no sense, and I HAD to choose..." should read "And verily, if life had no sense, and HAD I to choose..."
Chapter 5 at 5:00 the sound of a page turning can be heard.

Again, these are so minor that I struggled with even mentioning them. I understand that you have an experienced DPL that will be making the final touches. Nonetheless, you are incredibly talented at this and if there are any future projects I could help with I would love the opportunity.

-Brent (New to Librivox)
Last edited by brensink on August 5th, 2020, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
GillianT

Post by GillianT »

Hi Maryann & John,

Still waiting to be added, so in the meantime, I'll listen to the chapters, starting tomorrow and give feedback as a post reply.

Cheers,
G
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Thanks so much, Brent, for the kind words and thorough PL for those sections :) I will listen to those sections again, and depending on how those bits affect the piece, I may correct some of them. I'll definitely keep you in mind for future projects!

Welcome to LV and best wishes!
John
brensink wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 6:42 pm I very much enjoyed listening to your reading of this story! This is clearly not your first rodeo. With regards to PL I was able to listen to chapters 1-10, Part 1. On the level of "Standard" proof listening I did not find any errors worth mentioning. A few misplaced words in chapters 1 and 2...

Again, these are so minor that I struggled with even mentioning them. I understand that you have an experienced DPL that will be making the final touches. Nonetheless, you are incredibly talented at this and if there are any future projects I could help with I would love the opportunity.
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Hi Gillian,

I just added you to the MW :thumbs: I'll be uploading some more sections soon. Sorry for the hiccups and I look forward to your thoughts :)

All the best,
Johnm

GillianT wrote: August 5th, 2020, 2:36 am Hi Maryann & John,

Still waiting to be added, so in the meantime, I'll listen to the chapters, starting tomorrow and give feedback as a post reply.

Cheers,
G
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Hi Gillian,

Ok, I think everything is in order :) I've uploaded the remaining sections for Part 1 and they are ready for you :clap:

Thanks again and hope all's well!
-John
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

GillianT wrote: August 5th, 2020, 2:36 am Hi Maryann & John,

Cheers,
G
Gillian,
So sorry, I managed get my notifications messed up so I didn't see that you had volunteered to DPL this project. I've now added you to the MW.
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Removing Gillian as DPL because she hasn't posted on the forums since Aug 6th and has not responded to PM.

MaryAnn
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Okie dokes - looks like we another DPL :help:

But, on the bright side, I have completed recordings for all of Part II :clap:

I'll continue onto Part III while we wait for a DPL :)

All the best!
John
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, John,

This project interests me for doing DPL. I normally PL incoming files the next morning after they get uploaded, but it'll take me a while to catch up with the line-up already here. (Also, my mother-in-law is in hospital, so I will be completely away from LibriVox this Labor Day Weekend.)

I figure it will take me a couple of weeks to catch up to you. If that's OK on your end, I'll take on DPL.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Lynette,

I've added you to the MW.

MaryAnn
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OK :) I'll dive into the file pile
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Sections 14 and 15 are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

(I only got a couple of sections PL'd today, as I wanted to read through those that had already been cleared, since I'd never read Nietzsche before. I will be completely away from LibriVox until Monday or Tuesday, at which time you'll see significant PL progress every day.)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 16 is PL OK :thumbs:

Everyone went crazy while I was out of town! Huge pile of new stuff in addition to your files. :lol: back to this book tomorrow for a lot more PL'ing.
~Lynette * -