[COMPLETE] Flowers of Freethought (First Series) by G.W. Foote - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WardenMajere

Post by WardenMajere »

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_12_foote_128kb.mp3
Here is my completed "section 12"! :D :D
Recording is "12:31".
:mrgreen: Comparison is the thief of joy because it fosters competition more than community. - Theodore Roosevelt :mrgreen:
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Here's section 26: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_26_foote_128kb.mp3
8:24

Thank you!

On the topic of Smetana's The Moldau, I love that piece! The peasant wedding section is a jam.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Great, thank you both! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

WardenMajere wrote: August 1st, 2020, 9:33 am https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_12_foote_128kb.mp3
Here is my completed "section 12"! :D :D
Recording is "12:31".

Hi Raistlin,
First of all, congrats on your first submission! :clap:

The technical aspect is good, and so is the reading overall! You have a very nice voice and style of reading, I enjoyed it a lot! But, I have a note regarding the intro.
It shall start like this: "Section 12 of Flowers of Freethought (First Series). This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org", and I don't hear "First series" in your recording. Please add it up, so it matches the rest of the recordings, and doesn't mix with a possible Second series of the book. After you do that, please post it, so I can re-check it! :D

p.s. I just realized that both your name and forum name match Raistlin Majere from Dragonlance. Is it a coincidence? (I enjoyed the books a lot) :hmm:

Cheers!
Ana :mrgreen:

salus populi suprema lex
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

Scarbo wrote: August 1st, 2020, 2:37 pm Here's section 26: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_26_foote_128kb.mp3
8:24

Thank you!

On the topic of Smetana's The Moldau, I love that piece! The peasant wedding section is a jam.

All good here Scarbo, no issues, PL ok! Good job, I enjoyed it :clap:

Best,

salus populi suprema lex
Cheesemonger

Post by Cheesemonger »

Cheesemonger

Post by Cheesemonger »

If my above section 36 meets with approval, I'd next like to tackle section 11: "Stanley on Providence"
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thank you for your file!
Please always post the length of your recording so we know that everything has arrived safely!

As for section 11, I've signed you up. You can always wait with recording until Ana has given her notes. :wink:

Also: section 10 is in!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
TomHersant

Post by TomHersant »

Greetings,
May I please claim Sections 16 and 17?
Tommy
Blackboards are truly remarkable!
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Scarbo wrote: August 1st, 2020, 2:37 pm
If you enjoyed the performance of Vltava (the Moldau) you may be interested in checking out the entire series of pieces from which it comes - Ma Vlast (My Country):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECCWGJ1QvZ8&t=1502s

One of the heroes of Czech history is the Protestant reformer Jan Hus. Smetana quotes the theme of a Hussite hymn in the two final pieces, Tabor and Blanik.

Hus came to an unfortunate end. He was invited to attend the Council of Constance in 1414, which was convened by the Catholic Church to resolve its issues with various Protestant groups and settle the claims to the Papacy by three rival contenders. Hus was promised safe conduct by the Holy Roman Emperor Sigismund, but when he arrived he was taken into custody, condemned and burnt at the stake in 1415.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Anushka21 »

hi i would like to take section 16!
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

Hi Rick!

Congrats on your first LV submission! :clap:

Your recording meets the technical specifications, and has no issues. You also have a lovely reading voice! I'll mark it PL ok!

I will also provide you with a piece of advice for future recordings. Try to read at a slower pace, don't rush. You made no mistakes, but it was a bit hard to follow. At the same time, some of our listeners (such as myself really) don't have English as a primary language and might as well be less fluent with it. So a fast pace may trouble them. :D

Also, please post the duration with all your next files, so we can easily update the MW.
This file is 7:17 minutes long.

Best,

salus populi suprema lex
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

Availle wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 6:17 pm Thank you for your file!
Please always post the length of your recording so we know that everything has arrived safely!

As for section 11, I've signed you up. You can always wait with recording until Ana has given her notes. :wink:

Also: section 10 is in!

Section 10 is very well read, PL ok!
Those descriptions of the horrors is as real as it could get! :shock:

Best,

salus populi suprema lex
Cheesemonger

Post by Cheesemonger »

AnaNaumoska wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 4:52 am I will also provide you with a piece of advice for future recordings. Try to read at a slower pace, don't rush. You made no mistakes, but it was a bit hard to follow. At the same time, some of our listeners (such as myself really) don't have English as a primary language and might as well be less fluent with it. So a fast pace may trouble them. :D

Also, please post the duration with all your next files, so we can easily update the MW.
This file is 7:17 minutes long.
Hi Ana,
Thank you for the feedback! Ironically, I had an original take that lasted an additional 45 (or so) seconds, but it seemed so very slow to me when I listened that I re-recorded at a faster pace! :lol:
I'll try to bring it back down to a more moderate pace for the future. Thanks again!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

TomHersant wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 7:53 pm May I please claim Sections 16 and 17?
All yours, thank you!
Anushka21 wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 12:24 am hi i would like to take section 16!
Hi Anushka, welcome to LV and to this project! :D

I'm sorry, but Tom has claimed section 16 just before you... Can I interest you in any of the other free sections perhaps?

In any case, you should be doing your 1-Minute-Test before you record "for real". It's not an audition for you, but for your recording equipment so we can make sure everything is set up to give the best results. Your LibriVox welcome mail has details about the how/why/where/what of the test, so have a look at it again.

Have fun on LV! :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com