COMPLETE [NON-FIC/BOTANY] Natural History, volume 5, by Pliny the Elder - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
cabettison
Posts: 49
Joined: March 22nd, 2020, 7:27 am

Post by cabettison » June 28th, 2020, 8:24 am

Hi there,

Please find section 21 available here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/naturalhistoryvolume5_21_128kb.mp3

Length: 32 minutes 48 seconds

My microphone was really playing up! Apologies for occasional grittiness is sound.

Thanks,

Connie

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12856
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » June 28th, 2020, 2:24 pm

cabettison wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 8:24 am
Hi there,

Please find section 21 available here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/naturalhistoryvolume5_21_128kb.mp3

Length: 32 minutes 48 seconds

My microphone was really playing up! Apologies for occasional grittiness is sound.

Thanks,

Connie
Thanks much!
Leni
=================

Women Biographies? The Lives of The Empresses of Constantinople are open for readers! :D

lubee930
Posts: 4686
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » June 28th, 2020, 5:33 pm

cabettison wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 8:24 am
Hi there,
Please find section 21 available here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/naturalhistoryvolume5_21_128kb.mp3
Length: 32 minutes 48 seconds
My microphone was really playing up! Apologies for occasional grittiness is sound.
Thanks,
Connie
Hi Connie--Nice job on this section. I heard only one thing that jumped out at me for correction--

Section 21:
At ~15:23 I hear “promotion of gaiety and good fellowship at carousels” but should be “promotion of gaiety and good fellowship at carousals” (located at the start of second paragraph on p. 66 of the text).

I'll take another quick look when you've uploaded the edited file. Thank you! (But who knows--maybe those ancients had merry-go-rounds--?? :D )
Kind regards,
Lucretia

cabettison
Posts: 49
Joined: March 22nd, 2020, 7:27 am

Post by cabettison » June 29th, 2020, 4:29 am

Oops!
Corrected version here:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/naturalhistoryvolume5_21_128kb.mp3

New length: 32:51.

Thanks,

Connie
lubee930 wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 5:33 pm
cabettison wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 8:24 am
Hi there,
Please find section 21 available here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/naturalhistoryvolume5_21_128kb.mp3
Length: 32 minutes 48 seconds
My microphone was really playing up! Apologies for occasional grittiness is sound.
Thanks,
Connie
Hi Connie--Nice job on this section. I heard only one thing that jumped out at me for correction--

Section 21:
At ~15:23 I hear “promotion of gaiety and good fellowship at carousels” but should be “promotion of gaiety and good fellowship at carousals” (located at the start of second paragraph on p. 66 of the text).

I'll take another quick look when you've uploaded the edited file. Thank you! (But who knows--maybe those ancients had merry-go-rounds--?? :D )

lubee930
Posts: 4686
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » June 29th, 2020, 5:10 am

cabettison wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 4:29 am
Oops!
Corrected version here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/naturalhistoryvolume5_21_128kb.mp3
New length: 32:51.
Thanks,
Connie
Easy slip to make. Thanks for the correction! :thumbs:

Section 21: PL OK
Kind regards,
Lucretia

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12856
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » July 5th, 2020, 5:32 pm

Sections 20 and 25 are orphaned.
Leni
=================

Women Biographies? The Lives of The Empresses of Constantinople are open for readers! :D

cabettison
Posts: 49
Joined: March 22nd, 2020, 7:27 am

Post by cabettison » July 10th, 2020, 6:55 am

Happy to take section 20!
Leni wrote:
July 5th, 2020, 5:32 pm
Sections 20 and 25 are orphaned.

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12856
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » July 10th, 2020, 5:13 pm

cabettison wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 6:55 am
Happy to take section 20!
Thank you so much!
Leni
=================

Women Biographies? The Lives of The Empresses of Constantinople are open for readers! :D

Samtastic
Posts: 1
Joined: January 12th, 2016, 10:50 pm

Post by Samtastic » July 10th, 2020, 7:04 pm

Can I take section 25?

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12856
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » July 11th, 2020, 10:23 am

Samtastic wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 7:04 pm
Can I take section 25?
Hello, and welcome to Librivox!

As a new reader, you need to please tell me under which name or pseudonym you would like to be credited in our catalog. Also, we strongly encourage new readers to try the one-minute test before embarking on a section: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test
Leni
=================

Women Biographies? The Lives of The Empresses of Constantinople are open for readers! :D

cabettison
Posts: 49
Joined: March 22nd, 2020, 7:27 am

Post by cabettison » July 21st, 2020, 8:20 am

Hi there,

Section 20 ready for proof listening:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/naturalhistoryvolume5_20_128kb.mp3

Length: 24 minutes 52 seconds.

Cheers,

Connie

lubee930
Posts: 4686
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » July 21st, 2020, 4:58 pm

cabettison wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 8:20 am
Hi there,
Section 20 ready for proof listening:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/naturalhistoryvolume5_20_128kb.mp3
Length: 24 minutes 52 seconds.
Cheers,
Connie
Very nice job, Connie--thank you!

Section 20: PL OK
Kind regards,
Lucretia

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12856
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » July 30th, 2020, 2:57 pm

Section 24 has been orphaned, since it had been claimed on May 28.
Leni
=================

Women Biographies? The Lives of The Empresses of Constantinople are open for readers! :D

MajorHistory
Posts: 262
Joined: March 22nd, 2019, 7:21 am
Location: Suffolk, VA USA
Contact:

Post by MajorHistory » July 31st, 2020, 7:39 am

Please un-assign my chapters.
Mike
Cogito, ergo sum.

cabettison
Posts: 49
Joined: March 22nd, 2020, 7:27 am

Post by cabettison » August 2nd, 2020, 6:49 am

I'll sign on for section 24.

Connie

Post Reply