[SHORT ARTICLES] The Rural Magazine and Literary Evening Fire-Side Vol 1 No 2 by Various -jo

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
maxgal
Posts: 705
Joined: June 8th, 2019, 10:24 am

Post by maxgal » July 30th, 2020, 3:48 pm

silverquill wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 9:31 pm
maxgal wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 5:01 pm
maxgal wrote:
July 26th, 2020, 7:29 am


8-)
Here's a Q:
This section ends with the initial "C." -- apparently the writer of the article.
Do I just say "C." at the end?
Or do I say "by C." or "written by C."?
Or do I ignore it?
Good question.

It is a little strange to have just a single initial. Some of these have full names, others have initials. We read them just as written and it it sound clear enough. But, even though this is going to sound a little odd, let's stick with the same format and read it just as it is written -- your first option above.

Thanks for checking. :)

I C! :lol:
Louise
"every little breeze..."

zmambrose
Posts: 6
Joined: July 12th, 2020, 6:17 am

Post by zmambrose » July 30th, 2020, 4:07 pm

Hi there,

I'll take 11 and 12: Mr. Nicholson's Prize Essay I and II.

Thanks!

Zach

GregGiordano
Posts: 3595
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » July 30th, 2020, 7:02 pm

May I claim Section 1?

Thanks!

Greg

silverquill
Posts: 14504
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 30th, 2020, 9:49 pm

zmambrose wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 4:07 pm
've
Hi there,

I'll take 11 and 12: Mr. Nicholson's Prize Essay I and II.

Thanks!

Zach
You've got them!
Thank you and welcome aboard.
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 14504
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 30th, 2020, 9:50 pm

GregGiordano wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 7:02 pm
May I claim Section 1?

Thanks!

Greg
Good to have you here, Greg.
You have the lead-off section. :)
~ Larry

GregGiordano
Posts: 3595
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » July 31st, 2020, 3:37 am

silverquill wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 9:50 pm
GregGiordano wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 7:02 pm
May I claim Section 1?

Thanks!

Greg
Good to have you here, Greg.
You have the lead-off section. :)
o

Thank you, Larry!

GregGiordano
Posts: 3595
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » August 1st, 2020, 7:30 am

May I add Section 3 to my TO-DO list?

Thank you!

Greg

silverquill
Posts: 14504
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 1st, 2020, 8:11 am

GregGiordano wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 7:30 am
May I add Section 3 to my TO-DO list?

Thank you!

Greg
You've got it!
~ Larry

GregGiordano
Posts: 3595
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » August 2nd, 2020, 7:38 pm


silverquill
Posts: 14504
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 2nd, 2020, 7:49 pm

GregGiordano wrote:
August 2nd, 2020, 7:38 pm
Here is Section 3:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/ruralmagazinevol1no2_03_various_128kb.mp3

Run time is 4:37

Take care,

Greg
We don't have a DPL yet, but I've put this in the MW.
Thank you!
~ Larry

GregGiordano
Posts: 3595
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » August 2nd, 2020, 8:07 pm

silverquill wrote:
August 2nd, 2020, 7:49 pm
GregGiordano wrote:
August 2nd, 2020, 7:38 pm
Here is Section 3:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/ruralmagazinevol1no2_03_various_128kb.mp3

Run time is 4:37

Take care,

Greg
We don't have a DPL yet, but I've put this in the MW.
Thank you!
Thanks, Larry!

GregGiordano
Posts: 3595
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » August 2nd, 2020, 8:09 pm

I just noticed that Section 7 is a letter by John Adams. May I lay claim to this chapter as well?

Thank you!

Greg

silverquill
Posts: 14504
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 3rd, 2020, 8:24 am

GregGiordano wrote:
August 2nd, 2020, 8:09 pm
I just noticed that Section 7 is a letter by John Adams. May I lay claim to this chapter as well?

Thank you!

Greg
You've got it!
Thanks
~ Larry

BrizeCrize
Posts: 38
Joined: June 20th, 2020, 2:36 pm
Location: USA

Post by BrizeCrize » August 3rd, 2020, 1:36 pm

Section 9 looks interesting. May I?
Thanks,
Brize

GregGiordano
Posts: 3595
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » August 3rd, 2020, 7:09 pm


Post Reply