[COMPLETE] The Woman in the Alcove by Anna Katharine Green - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Chapter 6 is wonderful. One general pl note: in your introes,you say: "Chapter 6 of A Woman In The Alcove. This Recording Is In the public domain". Then you say the chapter's name strate away and begin. According to a rule I know, you are supposed to say again: "The Woman In The Alcove, by Anna Cathrine Green, chapter 6". I don't know if there are new rules on the matter so I marked pl-ok, but please read about this again.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

I was using the shorter version of the disclaimer for solo’s. I believe I used the full disclaimer on the first chapter and then can use the shortened version on the rest of the chapters. I will double check and make sure I understood correctly. Thanks!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Chapter 7 is ready for PL.

I did try to make sure I was closely following the disclaimer in the MW for all chapters after the first one, but please do let me know if I made a mistake. I sometimes overlook things! Thanks!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Chapter 7 is great.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Chapter 7 is great.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

miss stav wrote: August 27th, 2020, 7:14 am Chapter 7 is great.
Thank you, Stav!

Chapter 8 is also now ready for PL.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Chapter 9 is ready for PL.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Chapter 10 is now ready for PL :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I listened to 8-10. They are lovely. But you still don't record the intro as it should.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

miss stav wrote: September 8th, 2020, 8:17 pm I listened to 8-10. They are lovely. But you still don't record the intro as it should.
I just listened to the intros of sections 2-10. She is using the shortened intro that soloists can use. Could you let us know what it is that she is not doing?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I am used to the long introes I think, when the chapter number is repeated twice. But if this intro is ok, so be it.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, I see what you are saying. This is an option that soloists are given, most soloists to use it, some don't. But, she is doing just fine! Thank you for letting me know!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Yes, I don't proof listen a lot, I bc, so I don't remember that option. And, honestly, as a listener, it makes me wonder every time if I missed something. But this is for another discussion.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

miss stav wrote: September 9th, 2020, 7:55 pm Yes, I don't proof listen a lot, I bc, so I don't remember that option. And, honestly, as a listener, it makes me wonder every time if I missed something. But this is for another discussion.
I totally understand! I am used to either intro, but when someone says something different, it stands out!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Thank you both for double checking! I'm still fairly new to LibriVox so I appreciate your expertise :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings