1 Minute Test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Mamacheetah

Post by Mamacheetah » July 31st, 2020, 6:48 pm

Hello!
My name is Mega Cita. I've joined this community several years ago, and now finally start volunteering.
Here is my reading test link: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/Test_MegaCita.mp3
I recorded in my iPhone, using audacity app, and the earpod. And then I transferred the file, and edited it in audacity using my pc with Windows OS.
I hope that the recording is good enough, but if there's anything I need to fix, I'd be happy to.
Thanks for reading and responding.

Regards,
Cita.

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » August 4th, 2020, 5:03 am

Welcome to being active in Librivox then, Mega Cita! :D

You have a fantastic voice! I think you'll do great at narrating audiobooks!

From tech specs, I get the bit-rate wrong, so when you export as mp3, check the format options in the Export Window, and choose "Constant" for Bit Rate Mode, and "128 kbps" for Quality. Then click Save to export and Audacity should keep these settings for all future exports.

Sometimes I think I hear a faint hum for which I might suggest the Noise Reduction feature in Audacity, but the hum is not present always, so I'm not sure how to deal with it. Did you perform any editing like Noise Reduction before uploading?

Mamacheetah

Post by Mamacheetah » August 6th, 2020, 5:53 pm

Hi, Rapunzelina! Thank you so much for the warm welcome, encouragement and the help. You can call me Cita.

Done. Hope this will make it better. (...when you export as mp3, check the format options in the Export Window, and choose "Constant" for Bit Rate Mode, and "128 kbps" for Quality. Then click Save to export and Audacity should keep these settings for all future exports.)

Yes, I did. But I think I didn't do it right. :lol: (Did you perform any editing like Noise Reduction before uploading?)

Previously, I said that I used audacity app in iPhone, but then I realized it wasn't audacity app. It's actually 'audio editor'. After so many trials, I still found noise when I use the app. However, I can't use my pc to record because the computer makes loud noise. So, I'm trying some different apps in iPhone.

So, here's a new recording test. https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/Test2_MegaCita.mp3
I recorded it in my iPhone, using MOTIV Audio App, earpod as microphone. I edited on my pc, using audacity (and proceed as you told when exporting as mp3).

Please tell me what you think. And much, much thanks in advance.

Regards,
Cita.

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » August 7th, 2020, 6:36 am

The sound is crystal clear with this recording app! Can you check in the options/settings of the app, if you can set the Quality (Sample Rate) to 44100 Hz (or 44,1 KHz)? It is now at 48 KHz / 48000 Hz.
Then everything will be perfect! If you find the setting and change it, do a new recording, it could be even shorter, just to make sure that the change was applied. Thank you!

I also do that now, record on the phone then edit on the computer, the phone being much newer than the computer definitely gives a better sound! :mrgreen:

Mamacheetah

Post by Mamacheetah » August 7th, 2020, 10:54 pm

I found some troubles to do this --> set the Quality (Sample Rate) to 44100 Hz (or 44,1 KHz)? It is now at 48 KHz / 48000 Hz.
The recording app (MOTIV audio) doesn't have the tools to set as you asked. Then I tried to set it on the audacity (pc), but the result made me sound like a troll. :mrgreen:

After many errors, I uploaded this one: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test3_megacita3.mp3
Recorder: WavePad app (iPhone)
Microphone: apple earphone
Editing: audacity (Windows PC)

I have checked the file with the Checker app. It passed. I hope this really pass. (Fingers crossed)

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » August 9th, 2020, 3:19 am

Thank you, Cita! Yes, this one has everything perfect! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Now find projects that might interest you to record a section or two. Have fun! I hope to see you around the forum!

Mamacheetah

Post by Mamacheetah » August 9th, 2020, 6:19 pm

Yay!! Thank you so much for helping me through this, Rapunzelina!
See you around the forum, then!