[COMPLETE] LibriVox 15th Anniversary Collection - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
MaryinArkansas
Posts: 952
Joined: October 4th, 2008, 8:06 pm
Location: Arkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas » July 27th, 2020, 9:48 am

Section 29 A Straggler of '15 is PL OK :)
Mary

“A writer only begins a book. A reader finishes it.” – Samuel Johnson

Marsupial's Books

cavaet
Posts: 112
Joined: May 10th, 2020, 9:19 am

Post by cavaet » July 29th, 2020, 12:34 pm

Fifteen New Ways to Cook Oysters, by S.T.Rorer

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/50121/50121-h/50121-h.htm

KevinS
Posts: 8647
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 29th, 2020, 12:40 pm

cavaet wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 12:34 pm
Fifteen New Ways to Cook Oysters, by S.T.Rorer

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/50121/50121-h/50121-h.htm
We have this recording already for this collection. Would you like to suggest or record a different one?
Drop and roll!

cavaet
Posts: 112
Joined: May 10th, 2020, 9:19 am

Post by cavaet » July 29th, 2020, 4:31 pm

KevinS wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 12:40 pm
cavaet wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 12:34 pm
Fifteen New Ways to Cook Oysters, by S.T.Rorer

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/50121/50121-h/50121-h.htm
We have this recording already for this collection. Would you like to suggest or record a different one?
Rats!. I'll check for something else

KevinS
Posts: 8647
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 29th, 2020, 5:04 pm

cavaet wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 4:31 pm
KevinS wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 12:40 pm
cavaet wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 12:34 pm
Fifteen New Ways to Cook Oysters, by S.T.Rorer

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/50121/50121-h/50121-h.htm
We have this recording already for this collection. Would you like to suggest or record a different one?
Rats!. I'll check for something else
Good hunting! Hope you can contribute!
Drop and roll!

KevinS
Posts: 8647
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 29th, 2020, 8:42 pm

MaryinArkansas wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 8:21 am
Below is the link to my uploaded file, "1815 State of the Union Address by James Madison" It should replace the recording currently in Section 26. The length is 23:00.

Recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/fifteen_1815stateunion_madison_mh_128.kb_.mp3

Text source: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/5050/5050-h/5050-h.htm#y1815
Sorry for taking so long in getting to this.

I very nice reading. The aural tone of the recording changes quite a bit at 17:36 and after. I think it would benefit from a run though the noise reduction effect and also ReplayGain to better match what comes before 17:36.

Did you perhaps change microphones at this point?

PL OK! but you might want to take these suggestion into consideration.
Drop and roll!

MaryinArkansas
Posts: 952
Joined: October 4th, 2008, 8:06 pm
Location: Arkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas » July 30th, 2020, 7:40 am

KevinS wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 8:42 pm

very nice reading. The aural tone of the recording changes quite a bit at 17:36 and after. I think it would benefit from a run though the noise reduction effect and also ReplayGain to better match what comes before 17:36.

Did you perhaps change microphones at this point?

PL OK! but you might want to take these suggestion into consideration.
I'll work on the noise reduction and replay gain. No change of microphones. Don't know what happened. I noticed the display changed. Anyway, I'll work on fixing this.

Thanks for listening to it.
Mary

“A writer only begins a book. A reader finishes it.” – Samuel Johnson

Marsupial's Books

MaryinArkansas
Posts: 952
Joined: October 4th, 2008, 8:06 pm
Location: Arkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas » July 30th, 2020, 2:36 pm

Here is a link to the "1815 State of the Union Address" It should replace the recording currently in Section 26. The new time for the recording is 22:51.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/fifteen_1815stateunion_madison_mh_128.kb_.mp3. The recording was re-done from the point of 17:36 to the end.

The text link is: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/5050/5050-h/5050-h.htm#y1815
Mary

“A writer only begins a book. A reader finishes it.” – Samuel Johnson

Marsupial's Books

KevinS
Posts: 8647
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 30th, 2020, 2:42 pm

MaryinArkansas wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 2:36 pm
Here is a link to the "1815 State of the Union Address" It should replace the recording currently in Section 26. The new time for the recording is 22:51.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/fifteen_1815stateunion_madison_mh_128.kb_.mp3. The recording was re-done from the point of 17:36 to the end.

The text link is: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/5050/5050-h/5050-h.htm#y1815
Great! I'll check soon!
Drop and roll!

quasimoir
Posts: 107
Joined: April 21st, 2020, 7:33 am

Post by quasimoir » July 31st, 2020, 10:49 am

Hello Kevin and hi Mary:

Here's the link to my recording of Kayme's 'The Fifteenth Wife': https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/fifteen_fifteenthwife_kayme_gd_128kb.mp3

Track Length: 18:15

And here's the link to the story itself: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/24690/24690-h/24690-h.htm#d0e1093

Do let me know should you find anything amiss. I'll cut and sew and make it brand new! :-D

Always,
Garfield

KevinS
Posts: 8647
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 31st, 2020, 11:16 am

quasimoir wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 10:49 am
Hello Kevin and hi Mary:

Here's the link to my recording of Kayme's 'The Fifteenth Wife': https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/fifteen_fifteenthwife_kayme_gd_128kb.mp3

Track Length: 18:15

And here's the link to the story itself: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/24690/24690-h/24690-h.htm#d0e1093

Do let me know should you find anything amiss. I'll cut and sew and make it brand new! :-D

Always,
Garfield
Thank you!
Drop and roll!

ColleenMc
Posts: 1503
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » July 31st, 2020, 3:46 pm

Yay, I finally get to record something for this collection!

Diary entry for August 15, 1665 by Samuel Pepys


https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/fifteen_15august1665_pepys_cm_128kb.mp3

3:10

Source: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4162

KevinS
Posts: 8647
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 31st, 2020, 5:19 pm

ColleenMc wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 3:46 pm
Yay, I finally get to record something for this collection!

Diary entry for August 15, 1665 by Samuel Pepys


https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/fifteen_15august1665_pepys_cm_128kb.mp3

3:10

Source: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4162
Thank you!
Drop and roll!

Bookworm360
Posts: 292
Joined: December 25th, 2017, 11:23 pm
Location: Middle-Earth(somewhere between the Shire and Lorien)

Post by Bookworm360 » July 31st, 2020, 6:10 pm

2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Due to life, I am unable to do LV much. Please be patient with delayed projects.

KevinS
Posts: 8647
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 31st, 2020, 6:23 pm

Bookworm360 wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 6:10 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/fifteen_psalmfifteen_david_128kb.mp3
Title:Psalm 15
Author: King David
Source:http://www.gutenberg.org/files/10/10-h/10-h.htm#The_Book_of_Psalms
Here is Psalm 15, from the King James Version. :D
Thank you!
Drop and roll!

Post Reply