[Complete] The Story of the Barbary Corsairs by J. D. Jerrold Kelley and Stanley Lane-Poole - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WalterLee

Post by WalterLee »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Lynnet wrote: June 17th, 2020, 8:36 am
WalterLee wrote: June 17th, 2020, 6:22 am sorry ! file name contains a wrong section number,how should i correct it ?:shock:
Reupload with the correct number. I will fix things on the server.
Thank you
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ch 22
19:49 Please add "End of The Story of the Barbary Corsairs, by J.D. Jerrold Kelley and Stanley Lane-Poole. "
WalterLee

Post by WalterLee »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

WalterLee wrote: June 19th, 2020, 6:55 am https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/barbarycorsairs_22_lane-people_128kb.mp3

duration 20:06

tail added
Thank you
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ch 22 PL OK
TheodenHumphrey

Post by TheodenHumphrey »

Here's Chapter 16. Thanks for letting me do this -- it was fantastic.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/barbarycorsairs_16_lane-poole_128kb.mp3

37:32
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

TheodenHumphrey wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 8:04 pm Here's Chapter 16. Thanks for letting me do this -- it was fantastic.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/barbarycorsairs_16_lane-poole_128kb.mp3

37:32
Thank you
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Section 16 PL OK
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Lynnet,

I was on the point of putting my section back in the pool because I'm so busy this month when I saw that it has a passage of several lines in French. As a native speaker of English whose bachelor's degree is in French and who has lived in France for two years, I'm one of the best people to read the chapter, so I hope you can stand to wait till the end of the month for me to get to it.
Pattymarie
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

pattymarie wrote: July 6th, 2020, 11:57 am Lynnet,

I was on the point of putting my section back in the pool because I'm so busy this month when I saw that it has a passage of several lines in French. As a native speaker of English whose bachelor's degree is in French and who has lived in France for two years, I'm one of the best people to read the chapter, so I hope you can stand to wait till the end of the month for me to get to it.
You're in luck... all being well, I'll be gone at the end of the month so you'll get an extra week :lol:
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Lynnet,

Just letting you know I've recorded my section and done most of the editing. I want to re-record a short bit and cut and paste it in before doing the effects treatments and uploading. It should be ready in a maximum of two days.
Pattymarie
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

pattymarie wrote: July 31st, 2020, 8:21 am Lynnet,

Just letting you know I've recorded my section and done most of the editing. I want to re-record a short bit and cut and paste it in before doing the effects treatments and uploading. It should be ready in a maximum of two days.
Sounds good. I won’t be home til Wednesday night...
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Here's section 17.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/barbarycorsairs_17_lane-poole_128kb.mp3

I gave up on re-recording the passage about the "honor, if such it can be called" of teaching the corsairs to use sails belonging to England and Holland. I wanted to put more ironic bite into it instead of my usual bland, sweet tones that I managed to read it in. But then, I don't agree with the authors' statement that the "honor" belongs to the countries as whole but only to the individuals from each country who gave the instruction. If they had written that the honor belonged to "an Englishman and a Dutchman," I couldn't have let it go without putting some sarcasm into my tone.
Pattymarie
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

pattymarie wrote: August 6th, 2020, 6:48 am Here's section 17.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/barbarycorsairs_17_lane-poole_128kb.mp3

I gave up on re-recording the passage about the "honor, if such it can be called" of teaching the corsairs to use sails belonging to England and Holland. I wanted to put more ironic bite into it instead of my usual bland, sweet tones that I managed to read it in. But then, I don't agree with the authors' statement that the "honor" belongs to the countries as whole but only to the individuals from each country who gave the instruction. If they had written that the honor belonged to "an Englishman and a Dutchman," I couldn't have let it go without putting some sarcasm into my tone.
Thank you.
Sometimes it pays not to overthink :lol: