[COMPLETE][History]World's Story 12: The United States - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and also thank you, Lynda, great readings too, and interesting sections, especially the one with the Bible. What an endeavour :shock: Kudos also for getting your tongue around the difficult Indian names in section 33. :thumbs: In fact, Section 33 is straight PL ok, but I have a few notes for the other two sections:

Notes for section 24:

> at 0:18: "painting p. 136" - I'd like to include the page as well with the pictures (as stated in the special rules, point 2, for this project in the second post)

> at 1:05: "he chose to sign would go into" - you have "and" in here between, which doesn't make sense in the sentence, it can easily be cut out

> at 2:40: "this recording is in the public domain" - you forgot to insert this disclaimer here at the end (since we don't have it at the beginning, in the short intro, we need it at the end)

Notes for section 34:

> at 3:09: (p. 190) stumble and repeat: "had hoarded" can be cut once

> at 5:27: (p. 191) stumble and repeat: "must" can be cut out once

thank you

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: July 28th, 2020, 5:34 am
adr6090 wrote: July 26th, 2020, 10:03 amhttps://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume12_14_tappan_128kb.mp3 time 27:19
The cave dweller is certainly an interesting person as will be known by listening to this audio. :D
sorry for the delay, April, but I finally had time to listen to the long section. And yes, I agree, I also love to hear about how the early men lived their every-day life. So interesting. And a perfect reading again, straight PL ok. Only in the first half I hear a bit of a background chirping, I think, maybe a bird ? :hmm: In the end the sound is gone, and as I think it's not that disturbing, we can let it in. Makes even a good background sound to the cliff dwellers, who probably heard such bird all day long too. :mrgreen:

thank you, it was really a long section, good job.

Sonia

Thank you for the pl okay and allowing the bird sound, as it probably was as you mentioned and it was a sound the cave dwellers probably would have been familiar with hearing. Thank you again Sonia,
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

super, thank you, Lynda, great corrections and all PL ok now :)

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Here is section 70. Length 12:26.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume12_70_tappan_128kb.mp3

We are talking about it being surprising to take less than 3 weeks to do a trip that is now a 3 hour drive....

Thanks, Todd
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Here is section 53:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume12_53_tappan_128kb.mp3

16:53

Sonia, I hope I did not misunderstand the instructions with regard to the language for illustrations. If so, just let me know and I'll correct it.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sorry for the delay, Jim, but I haven't forgotten this project ! Quite a dramatic and difficult life these early settlers had. :shock: The name Daniel Boone is mighty famous, I think there have even been some movies about him.

Excellent chapter and PL ok :)

thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Here is section 40. Length 11:42.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume12_40_tappan_128kb.mp3

Here is section 70. Length 12:26.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume12_70_tappan_128kb.mp3
We are talking about it being surprising to take less than 3 weeks to do a trip that is now a 3 hour drive....
and two more perfectly PL ok sections, Todd :clap: this Wouter guy's story was hilarious :lol: also the extremely calm Dutch captain of the ship in the second story. I loved the Dutch accent you're putting on here, a funny touch, thank you. Extremely entertaining. And we reached the 50% done mark :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RitaBoutros wrote: July 30th, 2020, 2:07 pmHere is section 53:
Sonia, I hope I did not misunderstand the instructions with regard to the language for illustrations. If so, just let me know and I'll correct it.
:? I am so sorry, Rita, but the illustrations always have a separate section number, that you can also see in the MW. Here this one (Section 54) is already claimed by Alan. If you are lucky and he hasn't started yet and maybe wants to relinquish his claim then you can use your recording. But if he already recorded it himself, I will go with his version as he was the first claimant.

So my review is only for the Walter Scott story now. Beautifully narrated, thank you so much. :9: I do have a few small notes though right at the beginning. The bulk of the text is perfect though:

> at 0:03: "of the world's story volume 12" this can be cut at this point as it will get repeated later on (see example in first post of long disclaimer)

> at 0:51: (p. 297) please also insert "the editor" at the end of the intro text

> at 1:23: (p. 297) could you please say the standardized phrase for the footnotes "Footnote: Hadley - End of Footnote"

> from 13:54-16:39: so all this must get cut, as the illustration is the separate section 54. Sorry about that :( But don't delete it yet, as maybe Alan wants to hand over this section to you !

thanks

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

You know that I know that you only have five million things to review every day and so you know that I am in no hurry. :lol: And thanks. Jim
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Here is the corrected section 53, without the illustration description. I had a feeling that something was wrong :roll:

14:05
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Quite happy to give up 54 if Rita wants use her recording for that section 😺
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Thanking you kindly Alan