COMPLETE: Two Years in Oregon by Wallis Nash -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Barefootmark wrote: July 27th, 2020, 1:13 pm Good afternoon- I would like to take chapters 2 and 3, for starters. i'll see how long it takes, but I should be able to push through them pretty quick. My name for this recording is Landon Mathew.
Any questions, you can email me directly

Thanks,

Mark
Thank you for your interest.
We do, however, request that you first complete a one-minute test recording, as mentioned in your welcome message. I strongly suggest you start by reading the Newbie Guide to Recording https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

The Second point will have all the information you need about doing that first recording.
Once you have the official "OK" on that, please post back here and post your request. It is best to start out with just one section, and then you can go on to others.

And, we do not allow personal emails to be posted here in the public forum, so one of our admins will delete that,
(You can use our private message system for that).

Let me know if you have any question. We're here to help.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 0 PL OK :9:
Cheryl
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

May I claim sections 17 and 21...

BettyB
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here is Chapter 24:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/twoyearsinoregon_24_nash_128kb.mp3 13:38

This area has been our family home since my early college days -- the beautiful Coquille Valley up the river from Coos Bay. I wasn't aware of the history of coal mining in the area, which must have been short lived. But, I spent my summers working in the lumber mills there, and logs were brought down by train, floated down the Coquille River, or by truck. Coos Bay was then known as the largest lumber shipping port in the world. Sadly, this has all dwindled away and most of the large mills are no more. I also wasn't aware of grain production in the area which is now dairy country, and sheep are still raised near Camas Valley and Roseburg. I actually grew up in Umatilla County in the far northwest of the state, just feet from the wheat fields, real cowboys and Indians. Pendleton was home to the larges rodeo west of the Mississippi, and then my high school days were spent in a town billing itself as the "Pea Capital of the World."
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

BettyB wrote: July 29th, 2020, 7:12 am May I claim sections 17 and 21...

BettyB
You're in!
Thanks.
~ Larry
Dtcastid

Post by Dtcastid »

Hi Larry,
I would like to claim Chapter 2.
Thanks,
Diane
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 24 PL OK
Lucky you Larry. I grew up in Portland and my entire life up to this very moment wanted to be a cowgirl in eastern Oregon, where my relatives lived and farmed. The southern coast is wonderful too.
jennayoung

Post by jennayoung »

Hi, I would like to do chapters 4 and 5. thanks
jennayoung

Post by jennayoung »

Hi, I would like to do chapters 4 and 5. thanks
MarBoy

Post by MarBoy »

And heeeeeeeres a newbie !!! :D

Hello, I would like to claim Section 2 (Chapter 2) please. This will be my first run at things so...trying to keep it simple. Thought I'd give this one a shot.

I posted my 1 minute test and all seems good to go. Please let me know if I'm missing something here.

My pseudonym is MarBoy.

Thank you.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

jennayoung wrote: July 30th, 2020, 4:33 pm Hi, I would like to do chapters 4 and 5. thanks
Thank you for your interest.
I will save section 4 for you, but we do request all new readers first to complete a short test recording.
I strongly suggest that you read our Newbie Guide to Recording: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

This has a lot of important information that will get you off to a good start.
The second section has the information you need for recording and submitting that preliminary recording.

One you have the official "OK" on that, post again here and let me know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog - real name, pseudonym or other nickname.

Let me know if you have any questions. We are here to help.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

MarBoy wrote: July 30th, 2020, 7:45 pm And heeeeeeeres a newbie !!! :D

Hello, I would like to claim Section 2 (Chapter 2) please. This will be my first run at things so...trying to keep it simple. Thought I'd give this one a shot.

I posted my 1 minute test and all seems good to go. Please let me know if I'm missing something here.

My pseudonym is MarBoy.

Thank you.
I would be glad to have you!
Unfortunately another claim for Section 2 came in just ahead of yours.
Do have an alternate choice?
~ Larry
jennayoung

Post by jennayoung »

Hi, I would like to be posted as Jenna Young. Thanks
Dtcastid

Post by Dtcastid »

Dtcastid wrote: July 30th, 2020, 1:04 pm Hi Larry,
I would like to claim Chapter 2.
Thanks,
Diane
Hi Larry,
Quick question. I see from the window, you've given me chapter 2. In several parts of the chapter, words are in quotations to emphasize the word (not to reflect someone speaking). Shall I make voice emphases to reflect the quoted material? or should I read "to build his quote box unquote or more expensive quote frame unquote house." The latter seems a bit awkward, but I'm still fairly new and want to make sure I'm doing it as expected. I have typically changed voices for different characters in other readings.
Thanks for your help,
Diane