one minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
sweaver

Post by sweaver » July 30th, 2020, 8:34 am

This test recording was recored on audacity, Mac os, with an audio jack to usb connection from a ZingYou BM-800. I'm concerned with the background noise, it took of lot of noise reduction to get it decent. Is that my set up? Should I get a different Mic? :help:
Sincerely,
Siler Weaver

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_sweaver.mp3

kkeller6

Post by kkeller6 » July 30th, 2020, 10:11 am

I thought your recording sounded very clean and crisp. I did not hear any background noise.

kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kathrinee » July 30th, 2020, 1:25 pm

Thank you for the test, Siler, it is A-OK and you can head straight over to the Readers Wanted forums and claim a section or two to record.
I did not hear any adverse effect of the noise cleaning you did, so I would conclude that the microphone you have is fine. Most of us have to noise clean our recordings to "whip them into shape," and that is ok. Some of that is because of our technology (I record on a laptop with a loud-ish fan, for instance) or the recording environment (traffic, neighbors, etc.) I wouldn't worry about it -- your voice comes through nicely, and it did not have the "tinny" sound that sometimes result from over-processing. You're good to go :thumbs:
Kathrine

sweaver

Post by sweaver » July 30th, 2020, 1:47 pm

Thanks! That is good to know :D