[COMPLETE] Foundations of Geometry by David Hilbert - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

As PL goes, all sounds good, but I think you should make a distinction between (capital) "A, B, C" at 0:46 and (lower case) "a, b, c" at 0:53, so when you later mention "capital A" or "lower case a", the listener will (hopefully!) know whether it's a point or a line we're talking about.
jamnitzer

Post by jamnitzer »

I set the status to 'ready for PL' as I didn't find 'PL needed' as an option in the drop down menu.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Actually, it's "see PL notes" since Rapunzelina has listened to the file and got her comments in. See the post just above yours, at the beginning of this page. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Great job, jamnitzer! :clap:

One PL note for Section 4: It stops just before Theorem 5, so all the rest of the text is missing from the recording (to be added).

Suggestion for Section 1: Since all the following recordings begin with "Chapter 1, Section #" I would suggest you also begin Section 1 with "Chapter 1, Section 1"; it is currently just Chapter 1.

You haven't responded to my comment (first post of this page) about whether you intend to differentiate between capital "A" and lower-case "a" in the recording, so I am holding off marking the rest of the recordings PL OK until you say if you are happy as is or want to make a distinction. Thanks :)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Another round of applause for a job well done! :clap:

My only PL notes are about the endings:
Section 4 is lacking the 5 seconds of silence at the end.
Sections 8 - 12 are missing the "End of Section #" at the end.

I will go ahead and mark the previous sections PL OK, except Section 1, if you'd like to add "Section 1" in the intro as mentioned, for consistency. Thanks! :thumbs:

PS: The filenames are off, so when you re-upload, please use the _128kb suffix instead of the _16bit
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

:clap:

Section 1, PL Ok
Section 4, missing 5 seconds of silence at the end
Section 8, starts "Chapter 1, section 3" instead of section 8
Section 9, PL Ok
Section 10, PL Ok
Section 11, PL Ok
Section 12, PL Ok
Section 13, PL Ok
Section 14, PL Ok
Section 15, at 6:35, text is "If b and c", recording has "If a and b"
Section 16, optional fix, at 2:53 text is "find the point" (imperative), recording has "we find the point".
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Sections 4, 8, 17, 15, 16 are PL OK!
jamnitzer wrote: August 1st, 2020, 3:30 pm thanks for your careful proofs.
You're welcome. You're doing such a great job with this project, it's the least I can do :D
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

18: PL OK

19: We are not supposed to omit any text, so you'll have to record that greek phrase at the end of the section (around 5:06 in the recording).
Here's a transliteration and a recording of a suggested pronunciation for you to reproduce, if helpful (I don't think there is one proven correct way to pronounce a dead language, so feel free to use a different pronunciation)

keh toh oloo too meroos mizon estin https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/euclid.mp3 00:05, 80KB

20: PL OK

21: PL OK