[group] The Hollow Tree Snowed In Book-phil

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Nedge

Post by Nedge » July 28th, 2020, 9:08 pm

I was just going to swoop in and ask for Chapter 14! Seems like five other people have done so before me.

Signed,

Snoozing and Losing in New Jersey
Nan

"You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." Anne Lamott

Sandyreads97

Post by Sandyreads97 » July 29th, 2020, 2:22 am

Hello! Could I have section 14 please?

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » July 31st, 2020, 8:07 pm

Section 5 has been put back into the pot for anyone to claim. :D

"Too much of a good thing is wonderful!" - Mae West
Next Zoom will show me editing and talk about Dramatic Readings - who are those people behind the curtan??!!

Danetrain

Post by Danetrain » August 1st, 2020, 9:53 am

Hey, chapter 5 is free again! Could I do part 5, please? It's my first time recording. I don't mind using my username for the catalogue.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » August 1st, 2020, 10:27 am

Danetrain wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 9:53 am
Hey, chapter 5 is free again! Could I do part 5, please? It's my first time recording. I don't mind using my username for the catalogue.
Absolutely! Jump in and read this great chapter. Ask if anything is confusing. :thumbs:

Next Zoom will show me editing and talk about Dramatic Readings - who are those people behind the curtan??!!

Danetrain

Post by Danetrain » August 1st, 2020, 2:18 pm

Sure thing! Uh, this might sound like a silly question, but we're doing "voices" for all the characters, right? Or do we just read the whole thing in the same voice?

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » August 8th, 2020, 7:13 pm

TheIntern356 wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 8:04 am
gardenvariety wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 2:39 pm
Oh sorry - looks like someone has already asked for it
You can go ahead and take it. I've suddenly got too much on my plate and the admin hasn't really confirmed the assignment so yeah.
Thank you. I have not been getting any email notifications so things are kinda balled up. Sorry.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » August 8th, 2020, 7:14 pm

gardenvariety wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 2:38 pm
Hi! I'd like to claim chapter 14 if possible.

(the last incomplete chapter for my very first recording, ^-^ how delightfully poetic)
If you are still interested in reading this, it is all yours. My notificat ions stopped and so I had no idea people were posting things. sorry.

Danetrain

Post by Danetrain » August 25th, 2020, 9:14 pm

I submitted my recording! Hopefully it meets the standards.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/thehollowtreesnowedinbook_05_paine_128kb.mp3

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » August 25th, 2020, 9:16 pm

Danetrain wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 9:14 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/thehollowtreesnowedinbook_05_paine_128kb.mp3
Ignatius, the Penguin of Happiness Image will put this into the Magic Window for proof listening.

Nedge

Post by Nedge » August 27th, 2020, 6:13 am

I admire Ignatius. With all that is going on this year, he might just as well have turned out to be Ignatius the Penguin of existential despair, hopelessness, and ennui.
Nan

"You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." Anne Lamott

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » August 27th, 2020, 7:29 am

Nedge wrote:
August 27th, 2020, 6:13 am
I admire Ignatius. With all that is going on this year, he might just as well have turned out to be Ignatius the Penguin of existential despair, hopelessness, and ennui.
Yes, but thankfully he does not do despair. Oh sure, Ignatius did have a bit of ennui earlier this year but it upset his stomach and he has vowed never to nibble on the stuff again. He does not watch the news and really hangs around LibriVox just to be near his crush, Penny, our other LV penguin. He's a very simple guy.

Now Igor, our Snail of Despair and Gloom, has been enjoying this year a lot. He says he knew it all along and that it will get only worse and that he told us so. I think he almost smiled a few days ago Image

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » August 28th, 2020, 7:17 pm

Chapter 5 PL OK. !! Wow, a very nice read indeed. I loved your voice and the way your recording was crystal clear.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » August 28th, 2020, 7:19 pm

Danetrain wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 9:14 pm

Boy did it! Just noted that your recording was excellent, PL OK. Please do lots more for LibriVox. Wish my recordings were as clear as yours!!!

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » August 28th, 2020, 7:20 pm

Danetrain wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 2:18 pm
Sure thing! Uh, this might sound like a silly question, but we're doing "voices" for all the characters, right? Or do we just read the whole thing in the same voice?
So sorry for not seeing this before Dane. We allow the reader to express their individuality when recording; voices if they want and just reading it they don't feel like it. Your Mrs Crow was wonderful by t he way and I was hoping she would say more but sadly she did not!