COMPLETE The Betrothal by Maurice Maeterlinck-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Algy Pug wrote: July 27th, 2020, 9:24 pm May I take the role of the Miser?

Cheers
Thank you I will sign you up to that section
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
KathrynBishop

Post by KathrynBishop »

Hello Michelle,

Thanks for the reply! Here is a link to my 1-minute post: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=81702

Thanks for the consideration! If you believe my voice would better fit a different character, I am open to reassignment.

Cheers,
KB
wib66 wrote: July 28th, 2020, 3:31 am
KathrynBishop wrote: July 27th, 2020, 8:46 pm Hello! I am a long-time stage actor now looking to join the voice acting world! I'd be happy to read for The Fairy Berylune and/or any roles you may need filled!
Welcome to Librivox.
I will reserve those sections for you but you will need to complete your 1 minute test first and get the ok (see below). Also can you let me know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue. It can be your forum name, real name, or any other pseudonym of your choice thanks.

We urge you to make a "1 Minute Test" for review before you start actively recording. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.

An overview of how Librivox works can be found here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/How_LibriVox_Works
There are numerous ways to volunteer here. An important one is proof-listening, which consists of checking someone's recording for errors. If you'd like to give that a try, you can find lots of information here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners

If you wish to try your hand at recording, the place to start is the Newbie Guide to Recording: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording, which tells you how to set up your computer to record.
One of our volunteers has created a number of videos that you might find helpful to learn more about the workings of Librivox. You can find a listing of those here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/User:Philchenevert

Also to point out to professional (or aspiring) Voice Over artists, all our recordings are put back into the public domain which means sometimes they are sold on ebay, etc. Have a look at this page which describes our Public Domain policy: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Copyright_and_Public_Domain

We hope you have fun and please, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
Kathryn Bishop

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players"
- William Shakespeare, As You Like It, ii.vii.139
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hello Michelle,

Thanks for the reply! Here is a link to my 1-minute post: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=81702

Thanks for the consideration! If you believe my voice would better fit a different character, I am open to reassignment.

Cheers,
KB
Hi Kathryn
Please can you let me know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue so I can assign that part to you. It can be your real name your forum name or another pseudonym of your choosing. Happy for you to read for The Fairy. If you would also like to read for one of the children later in the play that would be great. I see you have the ok for your 1-minute test so you are good to go with recording when you are ready. All we ask is that you leave 2 to 3 seconds between each line to allow for editing later on.
Thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
KathrynBishop

Post by KathrynBishop »

Oh, yes! Apologies. Please list me as Kathryn Bishop.

Thanks!
wib66 wrote: July 28th, 2020, 3:12 pm
Hello Michelle,

Cheers,
KB
Hi Kathryn
Please can you let me know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue so I can assign that part to you. It can be your real name your forum name or another pseudonym of your choosing. Happy for you to read for The Fairy. If you would also like to read for one of the children later in the play that would be great. I see you have the ok for your 1-minute test so you are good to go with recording when you are ready. All we ask is that you leave 2 to 3 seconds between each line to allow for editing later on.
Thanks
Kathryn Bishop

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players"
- William Shakespeare, As You Like It, ii.vii.139
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi Maryann,

This sounds like fun! May I please claim the Ancestors etc.?

Also how is the name "Tyltyl" being pronounced? "Till-till" perhaps, or "Tile-tile"? (Tilt-yeel?) :hmm:

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Kalamareader wrote: July 28th, 2020, 3:43 pm Hi Maryann,

This sounds like fun! May I please claim the Ancestors etc.?

Also how is the name "Tyltyl" being pronounced? "Till-till" perhaps, or "Tile-tile"? (Tilt-yeel?) :hmm:

Thanks,

Wayne
Hi Wayne which ancestor would you like to read for. You would choose one of the ancestors in the MW and then also read other ancestors lines
Tyltyl is pronounced 'till till'
Thanks
Michele
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

wib66 wrote: July 28th, 2020, 3:57 pm
Hi Wayne which ancestor would you like to read for. You would choose one of the ancestors in the MW and then also read other ancestors lines

Thanks
Michele,

That is what I meant by " Ancestors etc.", all the ancestors and the other 'visiting' characters as well, if that is what you mean. So I guess I will request the "Great Ancestor" and then do the others as well, correct?

Thanks,

Wayne

Also, does each of the characters need their own file, one line and all? As the same for the one line where all of the Ancestors are talking at the same time?

I am a little new at the 'Play' stuff on LV.
Wayne
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Kalamareader wrote: July 28th, 2020, 4:29 pm
wib66 wrote: July 28th, 2020, 3:57 pm

Thanks
Michele,

That is what I meant by " Ancestors etc.", all the ancestors and the other 'visiting' characters as well, if that is what you mean. So I guess I will request the "Great Ancestor" and then do the others as well, correct?

Thanks,

Wayne

Also, does each of the characters need their own file, one line and all? As the same for the one line where all of the Ancestors are talking at the same time?

I am a little new at the 'Play' stuff on LV.
I will edit them into the final file later so they can be in one file. I will sign you up to the great ancestor just ask if you need anything else hope that all makes sense
Michele
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Kalamareader »

MaryAnn

Here they are and I hope they work out. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/betrothal_greatancestor_3_128kb.mp3

Time: 12:02

Wayne
Wayne
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

This is by far the largest file I've ever uploaded for a play on LibriVox:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/betrothal_tyltyl_1_128kb.mp3 11:56
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Most files don’t have seven characters! :shock: :lol: :roll:

Wayne
Wayne
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Algy Pug wrote: July 28th, 2020, 5:24 pm Here is the reading for the Miser:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/betrothal_miser__2_128kb.mp3
6:32

Cheers
THank you for your section
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Kalamareader wrote: July 28th, 2020, 6:49 pm MaryAnn

Here they are and I hope they work out. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/betrothal_greatancestor_3_128kb.mp3

Time: 12:02

Wayne
Thank you for your section
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Salvationist wrote: July 28th, 2020, 7:17 pm This is by far the largest file I've ever uploaded for a play on LibriVox:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/betrothal_tyltyl_1_128kb.mp3 11:56
THank you for your section
Michele