need Chinese reader?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Mooninya

Post by Mooninya »

Hi, I am native Chinese speaker and I am interested in reading Chinese books and poems, etc.
Do anyone need Chinese speaker for any text, be it commercial or for non-profit uses?
CSCO

Post by CSCO »

Hi,

I'm a Japanese gentleman, Daddy-Short-Legs. My request is 水滸伝(百二十回本), 韓昌黎文集, and 陶淵明全集; if you have much time to kill and the public domain texts. The complete work of Tao Yuanming is the lightest load of them. (Most of his works have lost.)
!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!
No way. He stole away a pretty thing, you know.
That's your heart.
!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!
Mooninya

Post by Mooninya »

CSCO wrote: July 28th, 2020, 12:12 am Hi,

I'm a Japanese gentleman, Daddy-Short-Legs. My request is 水滸伝(百二十回本), 韓昌黎文集, and 陶淵明全集; if you have much time to kill and the public domain texts. The complete work of Tao Yuanming is the lightest load of them. (Most of his works have lost.)
Hi CSCO, I have yet to find Tao Yuanming work on Librivox to record, sorry about that.
CSCO

Post by CSCO »

Oh, that's a pity.

It's very hard to get chinese clearly public domain texts. Many of them have no evidences. (In many cases, we can't prove it's in public domain.) So, recording in Chinese is not booming now. Once, there was a famous and gifted Chinese scholar in LibriVox. He left many audiobooks in Chinese as his gifts before he went to heaven. (So, you Chineses must be proud. Understand?) The text search is heavy for me. I'm sorry.

Don't hurry. If there is another opportunity, please offer your support again.
!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!
That's your heart.
!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!
Mooninya

Post by Mooninya »

I also found there are not much Chinese texts and readers in Librivox, which is a pity because I look forward to interact with them in this community.
Can you tell me the name of the scholar, please?
Do you happen to have audiobook platforms such as Findaway Voices, or even freelancer ones such as Fiverr? I can offer the service to do narration on the books suggested by authors, and that will cost pay-per-rate for the services.
Mooninya

Post by Mooninya »

CSCO wrote: July 29th, 2020, 2:34 am Oh, that's a pity.

It's very hard to get chinese clearly public domain texts. Many of them have no evidences. (In many cases, we can't prove it's in public domain.) So, recording in Chinese is not booming now. Once, there was a famous and gifted Chinese scholar in LibriVox. He left many audiobooks in Chinese as his gifts before he went to heaven. (So, you Chineses must be proud. Understand?) The text search is heavy for me. I'm sorry.

Hi, I am really glad that foreigners really like Chinese works, this makes me really happy and proud as a Chinese 8-)
CSCO

Post by CSCO »

Hi,
Mooninya wrote: July 29th, 2020, 5:23 am Can you tell me the name of the scholar, please?
I'm sorry. I don't know any real name of LibriVoxers. By the way, I know the story. Perhaps, I read it in 'In Memorial' yearly thread. The thread is a collection of both short stories of and thanks' to souls in memories. Admins might know his real name.
That's your heart.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

You are thinking of Nicholas Clifford. https://librivox.org/reader/4018

Mooninya, what we need in a text is proof that it is in the public domain, or in other words, that its copyright has expired. Because LibriVox is hosted in the US, we need to all follow US copyright law, which means it needs to have been published a full 95 years ago. Currently, that means books from 1924 and earlier.

In addition, volunteers outside the US need to follow their own countries' copyright laws also. If you are in China, you can find some information on that here.

If there is a book that you want to record, or that you want to see recorded, and you aren't sure if it is public domain or not, you can always post it in Book Suggestions, and someone will help you figure it out. It's best to post a link to the online text also, if you can find one.
CSCO

Post by CSCO »

mightyfelix-san, thanks for your help!
(I told a lie again...)
That's your heart.
aleithia

Post by aleithia »

CSCO wrote: July 29th, 2020, 2:34 am Oh, that's a pity.

Hi all,
I'm also a fan of Tao YuanMing.
Here's the link to 陶淵明 (365年 — 427年). The content is in Traditional Chinese.
https://zh.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Author:%E9%99%B6%E6%B7%B5%E6%98%8E

You'll find his masterpiece and more...
https://zh.m.wikisource.org/wiki/%E9%99%B6%E6%B7%B5%E6%98%8E%E9%9B%86

enjoy!! :thumbs:
CSCO

Post by CSCO »

Oh, great!

Thank you very much, aleithia-san.
That's your heart.