jhturner

Post by jhturner »

You are most welcome! And thank you for all your help! :D
linny

Post by linny »

:thumbs: That's what we do around here. :D
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
linny

Post by linny »

PL OK - 1-1/2 times. We had a power outage midway through the first time. :roll:
realisticspeakers

linny wrote: July 18th, 2020, 12:00 pm
PL OK - 1-1/2 times. We had a power outage midway through the first time. :roll:
Thanks! Sorry you had to suffer through that more than necessary.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
linny

Post by linny »

No problem at all. Simply tired of weekly power outages.
FuzzballTheGreat

Post by FuzzballTheGreat »

I'm finished with section six. The audio is 28 minutes and 42 seconds.

I'm fine with being listed in catalog as my librivox username, FuzzballTheGreat.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/stateoftheunion_1897_1900_06_various_128kb.mp3
signed, FuzzballTheGreat

My username is named after my cat, Fuzzball, and that makes me cool like Indiana Jones.
linny

Post by linny »

FuzzballTheGreat wrote: July 24th, 2020, 10:18 pm I'm finished with section six. The audio is 28 minutes and 42 seconds.

I'm fine with being listed in catalog as my librivox username, FuzzballTheGreat.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/stateoftheunion_1897_1900_06_various_128kb.mp3
Thank you! Please let me know if you have any questions about the PL notes or how to edit.

Here is your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/14708

The volume is too low at 85.1dB. Please amplify by 4dB. If you are using Audacity you can use the Compressor first in order to get to 4dB. Here is a video which may be helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fKYYj6HMZU

2:30 – extra word – please delete “by” - On May 13 the North Atlantic Squadron shelled San Juan de Puerto Rico.

5:08 – missing word - By nightfall, however, ground within 5 miles of Santiago was won.

5:35 missing word - On the day following this brilliant achievement of our land forces, the 3d of July, occurred the decisive naval combat of the war.

11:29 stumble - The Major-General Commanding was subsequently reenforced by General Schwan's brigade of the Third Army Corps, by General Wilson with a part of his division, and also by General Brooke with a part of his corps, numbering in all 16,973 officers and men.

14:26 word change - Of the Navy: Killed, 17; wounded, 67; died as result of wounds, 1; invalided from service, 6; total, 91.

19:51 word change - I directed that in order to avoid misunderstanding the matter should be forthwith closed by proposing the embodiment in a formal protocol of the terms upon which the negotiations for peace were to be undertaken.

20:46 missing text – On August 12 M. Cambon announced his receipt of full powers to sign the protocol so submitted. Accordingly, on the afternoon of August 12, M. Cambon, as the plenipotentiary of Spain,

22:00 please remove mic/paper noise.

23:05 stumble – On the 18th of August the muster out of 100,000 volunteers, or as near that number as was found to be practicable, was ordered.

23:54 stumble - and the adjacent islands were forthwith appointed—for Cuba,

26:32 word change - As soon as we are in possession of Cuba and have pacified the island it will be necessary to give aid and direction to its people to form a government for themselves.
realisticspeakers

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/stateoftheunion_1897_1900_16_various_128kb.mp3
money alert!
[29:34]
Twenty nine minutes, thirty four seconds, and twenty six tenths.
Disclaimer:
linny

Post by linny »

realisticspeakers wrote: July 27th, 2020, 3:27 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/stateoftheunion_1897_1900_16_various_128kb.mp3
money alert!
Oh no! I thought we were getting a break from them. :roll:
linny

Post by linny »

realisticspeakers wrote: July 27th, 2020, 3:27 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/stateoftheunion_1897_1900_16_various_128kb.mp3
money alert!
As always, great job!

Two word changes for your this time.
25:30 word change - The attention of the Congress is invited to the recommendation of the Secretary of the Treasury in his annual report for legislation in behalf of the Revenue-Cutter Service, and favorable action is urged.

28:02 word change - I stated my purpose, until the Congress shall have made the formal expression of its will, to use the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the statutes to uphold the sovereignty of the United States in those distant islands as in all other places where our flag rightfully floats, placing, to that end, at the disposal of the army and navy all the means which the liberality of the Congress and the people have provided.
realisticspeakers

linny wrote: July 28th, 2020, 10:06 am Two word changes for your this time.
25:30 word change - The attention of the Congress is invited to the recommendation of the Secretary of the Treasury in his annual report for legislation in behalf of the Revenue-Cutter Service, and favorable action is urged.

28:02 word change - I stated my purpose, until the Congress shall have made the formal expression of its will, to use the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the statutes to uphold the sovereignty of the United States in those distant islands as in all other places where our flag rightfully floats, placing, to that end, at the disposal of the army and navy all the means which the liberality of the Congress and the people have provided.
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/stateoftheunion_1897_1900_16_various_128kb.mp3

Expertly Edited!!! :birthday:

Thanks!
Disclaimer:
linny

Post by linny »

Bravo! Spot check PL OK
realisticspeakers

Disclaimer:
linny

Post by linny »

PL OK! Great work with all of the typographical errors. Goodness! :roll: