[COMPLETE] Kangaroo by D. H. Lawrence-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Murphy8104

Post by Murphy8104 »

Hi William -
I would like to read Chapter 14 Parts 1 and 2.
Please let me know if it's a "go".

Thanks.

Lisa
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Murphy8104 wrote: July 26th, 2020, 10:36 am Confused about Section 33 remarks - when I just signed on I saw your note about it being the wrong link from July 14 - but below it appears you listened to it. I will trim the start to 1/2 second and reupload.

Thanks.
Lisa
I'm afraid that's my fault. You probably missed this post of mine, explaining that I found the right link, which had a typo. You fixed the typo in your new version, though, so all should be well now. :thumbs:
HariKumarakrishnan

Post by HariKumarakrishnan »

May I please have section 25 and 26 please? Thanks!
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Murphy8104 wrote: July 26th, 2020, 10:36 am I have uploaded Section 34 - Chapter 16 Part 3. Please let me know if OK.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_34_lawrence_128kb.mp3

90.7 db 26m 55 s

Confused about Section 33 remarks - when I just signed on I saw your note about it being the wrong link from July 14 - but below it appears you listened to it. I will trim the start to 1/2 second and reupload.

Thanks.
Lisa
Thanks for sections 34 and 33.
I'll check them in a few minutes.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

williamjones wrote: July 26th, 2020, 6:32 pm
Murphy8104 wrote: July 26th, 2020, 10:36 am I have uploaded Section 34 - Chapter 16 Part 3. Please let me know if OK.

90.7 db 26m 55 s

<snip>

Thanks for sections 34 and 33.
I'll check them in a few minutes.
Another good reading! Thanks Lisa.
This section of the chapter is a real barn-burner! You did a great job of live announcer calling the riot.

However this time there is one glitch to be attended to:
PL NOTE:
24:14 "Each side vituperated and poured abuse" the text in red is garbled.

As a note: the quality of the sound of this recording is much different from the previous two sections. From the looks of the wave form, you might have used the Compression effect a little bit too much.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
Murphy8104

Post by Murphy8104 »

Section 34 corrected and reuploaded. See link below.

I am amazed at how quickly you reviewed this! Thank you.

Once I get you go ahead on reading Chapter 14, I'll get started. Have a great week.

Lisa
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Murphy8104 wrote: July 26th, 2020, 10:50 am Hi William -
I would like to read Chapter 14 Parts 1 and 2.
Please let me know if it's a "go".

Thanks.

Lisa
Lisa,
Sections 29 and 30 are yours... Go for it!
Thank you.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Murphy8104 wrote: July 27th, 2020, 4:09 am Section 34 corrected and reuploaded. See link below.

I am amazed at how quickly you reviewed this! Thank you.

Once I get you go ahead on reading Chapter 14, I'll get started. Have a great week.

Lisa
Section 34 is PL OK. Thank you.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

williamjones wrote: June 25th, 2020, 2:16 pm
edbucks wrote: June 24th, 2020, 7:06 am Hi, I would like to read sections 35 and 36 please.
Hey, Ed.
I'm going to reserve sections 35 and 36 for you for a couple of weeks to give you time to do the 1-minute test whose function is to be sure your equipment and file output formats meet Librivox current requirements.

Sorry for the delay, but things just didn't seem to line up. Mightyfelix explained a few things to me. (thanks)
Ed, I reserved for you sections 35 and 36 for TWO weeks, which expired July 9th. I've heard nothing from you, nor have you participated in the Joseph Conrad project where you asked for a section. It looks as though you've gotten busy with other, non-LV things. So, I am re-opening sections 35 and 36 to all comers. Let me know when/if you become interested and available in this project again.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

** NEW SECTIONS AVAILABLE **
Chapter 17 Kangaroo is Killed - sections 35 and 36 - is now available.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

HariKumarakrishnan wrote: July 26th, 2020, 5:26 pm May I please have section 25 and 26 please? Thanks!
Hello and welcome to Librivox!
One of the first steps to joining and contributing to Librivox is to check out your recording equipment and software by means of the Librivox 1-Minute test. You can find out all about this and other things by going to this link:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

When you've performed the 1-Minute Test and gotten confirmation about your recording set up, please come back to this project and I'll assign these sections to you.

Advice: these two sections you've requested are long and difficult. After that 1-minute test try recording some shorter and easier sections in other projects. Good places are the weekly and fortnightly poetry projects and the short fiction projects. Once you've got a couple of good experiences under your belt, PLEASE come back!

Hope to see you soon!
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Yes, William, I was so focused on volume and decibels I forgot to introduce myself or the section. Here's the revised file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_21_lawrence_128kb.mp3

I'd still like to tackle 25 (12.2 The Nightmare) and 26 (12.3 ditto)if they're still available. The entire chapter was probably a little much anyway.
Thanks
Mooninya

Post by Mooninya »

Hi, can I have 26 (12.2 The Nightmare)? I have yet to find the words "they waited for that day" lol
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

BrizeCrize wrote: July 27th, 2020, 11:39 am Yes, William, I was so focused on volume and decibels I forgot to introduce myself or the section. Here's the revised file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_21_lawrence_128kb.mp3

I'd still like to tackle 25 (12.2 The Nightmare) and 26 (12.3 ditto)if they're still available. The entire chapter was probably a little much anyway.
Thanks
Brize, Section 21, chapter 10 part 2 is now PL OK!

Yes, sections 25 and 26 are yours now.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison