Sorry for disapearing

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Hello librivox friends!

I am very sorry for disappearing and not making note of it. Some things in life came up, and I just haven't been 100% for some time. It's been a bit of struggle to record or listen to sections, and I'm sorry that I didn't quite make notes of it. I went through some rough patches the past couple months, and things just haven't been normal. I said how recording and stuff brought my mood back too, but it just wasn't enough. But I remember how fun this place is, and how loving and excepting the librivox community is, and I thank all of you for your patience with me. I have come back now, and I plan on not leaving like I did. Wasn't anyone's fault here... just the world we are living in right now. But this place is peaceful and an awesome way to get away from the struggles of life, and I'm glad I am back. :D

Thank you, see you in the forums soon!
Elijah
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

ej400 wrote: July 16th, 2020, 9:51 am
Always good to see you, Elijah.

As an aside, never be shy about asking for assistance in whatever aspect of your life.
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Welcome back! Can't wait to see you around. Hope things continue to improve in your life!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
ej400

Post by ej400 »

KevinS wrote: July 16th, 2020, 9:55 am
ej400 wrote: July 16th, 2020, 9:51 am
Always good to see you, Elijah.

As an aside, never be shy about asking for assistance in whatever aspect of your life.
Thank is very true. Thank you, Kevin!
ej400

Post by ej400 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: July 16th, 2020, 10:30 am Welcome back! Can't wait to see you around. Hope things continue to improve in your life!
Thank you, Campbell. Glad to be back :D
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Welcome back, EJ. No worries about anything- you're totally good. :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Nice to have you back Elijah. Life is not always easy for people but being able to see that that is the case is a big step on the path to learning to live with it and grow. It seems a long time since I had an email from your mother when you joined, and I've watched you grow over that time and change but still remain keen and helpful and supportive of others.
Learning to limit the amount you commit to is hard and being overcommitted can be very stressful, don't be afraid to say no to others ideas or to say - sorry, I need to pull out of something - we all understand, it's tempting to take on more than you can manage especially when real life intervenes, we've nearly all done it.
So Welcome Back - we have missed you.

Anne
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hello and welcome back sorry to hear you have been having some problems. I too went through a rough patch and took almost two years out of Librivox but as you say people here are very understanding just shout if you need help with anything.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
ej400

Post by ej400 »

JayKitty76 wrote: July 16th, 2020, 11:34 am Welcome back, EJ. No worries about anything- you're totally good. :wink:
Thank you.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

annise wrote: July 16th, 2020, 9:37 pm Nice to have you back Elijah. Life is not always easy for people but being able to see that that is the case is a big step on the path to learning to live with it and grow. It seems a long time since I had an email from your mother when you joined, and I've watched you grow over that time and change but still remain keen and helpful and supportive of others.
Learning to limit the amount you commit to is hard and being overcommitted can be very stressful, don't be afraid to say no to others ideas or to say - sorry, I need to pull out of something - we all understand, it's tempting to take on more than you can manage especially when real life intervenes, we've nearly all done it.
So Welcome Back - we have missed you.

Anne
Yes, I have been learning that with life too. Putting myself up for more than I can handle and not thinking about the possible bad outcomes that may come after. Thank you for the kind words, Anne.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

wib66 wrote: July 26th, 2020, 3:27 am Hello and welcome back sorry to hear you have been having some problems. I too went through a rough patch and took almost two years out of Librivox but as you say people here are very understanding just shout if you need help with anything.
Thank you. Sometimes life just throws us around a bit, and we just have to find a place where we are safe to relax :9: