[COMPLETE] Songs of Love and Life by Zora Cross - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

Thank you. Tricia. I'll change them out tonight
EliseDee

Post by EliseDee »

TriciaG wrote: July 25th, 2020, 8:04 am No need to re-upload. The file names were changed, but the links weren't changed in the MW to reflect the new file names.

Tricia -- thank you for saving me from my own chaos! I'll just keep repeating the following: I will be much more organized on the next project.

Yikes. :D

So appreciate the help!

Elise
"Revolution is not a one-time event." -- Audre Lorde
AudreyL1

Post by AudreyL1 »

Hi cavaet! I've PL'ed your remaining section(105), link to the google docs is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTVnoUYBooghuq3OzLNCKuU2lOGGmMOe0l3wRB4RW18/edit?usp=sharing

I also realise I don't have the text for section 102 and won't be able to PL it in this case. If possible could one of you send a copy of the text?

Thanks,
Audrey
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

Housekeeping.

I have completed the changes to Poor Fools, could one of you PL it please. Thanks.
Still have Jehovah of mine outstanding too.

Elise. I passed S2, and S10(pvt). I know I've heard the others in your Google folder can you please upload them. Then i'll re-listen to the whole book again before cataloguing.

Lets put this to bed.
EliseDee

Post by EliseDee »

Cavaet,

Thanks for the updates! All of the files from my Drive folder are now uploaded here, this time with tags that actually match so I don't create file chaos. I think. Maybe. :)

So files for the following are now updated: 2, 3, 6, 8, 10, 66, 74, 83, 86, 95, and 96.

I think we're almost there....

Elise
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

Elise,

Have PL-ed everything but Eve. You appear to have two outstanding sonnets, just needing an outro clip.

I have re recorded the sections in Poor Fools. Please give it an ear when you can.

Cav.
EliseDee

Post by EliseDee »

C.,

Just uploaded the corrected files for the two sonnets. And I'll try to PL "Poor Fools" during my lunch later today so it's done.

Thanks!

E. :)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Good going, you two! Your perseverance on this is inspiring. :9:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
EliseDee

Post by EliseDee »

C.,

Ok. The two sonnets that haunt me are now redone and re-uploaded:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/songsofloveandlife_027_cross_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/songsofloveandlife_cross_035_128kb.mp3

As I mentioned in email, there are a handful of files I ran through the checker that need minor sound adjustments, so I'll work on those and get them re-uploaded tonight.

Also have the cover file, and when we have our final runtime, I can add that and send your way.

Thanks!
Elise

P.S. Tricia -- thank you for the kind words and your help with this book!
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

OK. We are done.

Tricia.

Elise and I are going to do a run through of the whole book. This should not take anymore than a couple of days. Then we will hand it over to you for cataloging.

Elise already has the artwork for the CD cover worked out.

We are already talking about the next project. I hope you will consent to MC for us again, and I too wish to thank you for your support.

Cav.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK, I'll wait for one final OK before cataloging.

Is the intro/blurb in the first post still OK with you?

Regarding if I'll MC the next project: it partly depends on how much I have on my plate at the time. If you're going to start it soon after this one goes to catalog, I probably can. In that case, stick my initials in the subject line when you start it, like it is here. If it's more than a day or two after you give the final OK, then I'd have to check my project count. :)
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

TriciaG wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 6:01 pm Is the intro/blurb in the first post still OK with you?

There is an update that I wrote somewhere in here. I think you told me you updated it then and would be reflected when the final cataloguing took place.

TriciaG wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 6:01 pm Regarding if I'll MC the next project: it partly depends on how much I have on my plate at the time. If you're going to start it soon after this one goes to catalog, I probably can. In that case, stick my initials in the subject line when you start it, like it is here. If it's more than a day or two after you give the final OK, then I'd have to check my project count.
Well, right now it's up in the air. We are still talking about it. So it may more than the couple of days you indicated. Either way it'll be up in the New Projects forum when we do, and at that point you can decide for yourself if you have too much on, or not.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Oops - you're right! There is a different blurb ready to go:
Songs of Love and Life by Zora Cross was a phenomenon in the author's native Australia in 1917. The original privately-published edition quickly sold out, and an expanded edition was produced a month later. Its erotic content, a rejection of old Victorian values, along with anti-war and feminist themes, catapulted the then 27-year-old Cross to the forefront of Australian poets. She was lauded and praised, but slowly fell into disfavor. Here we present the expanded version of her book, with the addition of four poems dropped from the privately-printed edition, which appear at the end of the recording. - Summary by cavaet
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

Tricia.

No idea why but Sonnets 27 and 35 have reverted to the old files. I re loaded them myself last night, checked the tags.

Any ideas?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've copied over the URLs for 27 and 35 from the most recent uploads of those sections. I don't think the URLs changed. If the files are still not right, try uploading them with a slightly different file name, such as songsofloveandlife_027a_cross_128kb and put the new link into the Magic Window.