Statistics

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Bookworm360
Location: Middle-Earth(somewhere between the Shire and Lorien)

Post by Bookworm360 » July 24th, 2020, 4:51 pm

Or maybe they just wanted the increased capabilities that come with being a volunteer without wanting to record anything.
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Due to life, I am unable to do LV much. Please be patient with delayed projects.

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » July 24th, 2020, 6:38 pm

My thoughts are that many people see the site, think Oh that sounds fun - and easy, I could do that - just sit down, read a book aloud, anyone can do that. And then find it isn't quite so easy. If they find they don't like it and haven't time, that's fine, it's the ones who would love to but are overwhelmed by the learning process I'd like to get over that first hurdle.
When I first joined - the technical part didn't worry me - but I have never had anything to do with online forums and quite hesitant about offering to help at all. But I got there in the end .

Anne

schrm

Post by schrm » July 24th, 2020, 10:58 pm

annes answer described my starting point.
i googled, saw, thought "cool!", registered...
and then i had to buy a microphone and wait for it.
after trying it out, i liked it.

i often wonder, how many of these people were dying, when i look up the abandoned projects page, though.
and even still alive, their lifes could have changed, accidents, divorces, illnesses mental or physical..
(just another reason to try to fullfill their heritage.)

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!

en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, rousseau, hoffmann: sommerfrische

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » July 25th, 2020, 2:15 am

Sometimes the life changes are for the good - they marry, have kids, take on a new job, become full time professionals , start college, retire to a desert island......

schrm

Post by schrm » July 25th, 2020, 2:22 am

annise wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 2:15 am
Sometimes the life changes are for the good - retire to a desert island......
:lol:
i see what you did there...

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!

en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, rousseau, hoffmann: sommerfrische